FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk vs ICT

caley_donkey

Hi all,

Is anyone planning to go down to this game? I'm going but I can't decide whether to get public transport or drive (from Glasgow). Has anyone been to the ground before? Do you know where I can park if I take the car? Is it quite straightforward to get the train and walk to the ground?

Cheers people!

Donkey.

Bout two to three miles from Falkirk station. Ample parking at the ground. Junction 6 of M9 then follow signs

To be fair it's only about 2-3 km Alex, but a pretty boring walk with all those roundabouts. It's 4 quid to park at the stadium, but if you get there a bit earlier there's street parking if you look for it. If you park at the stadium at our end you get a quick getaway though.

Some of us usually drink at the Cadger's Brae, just off junction 4 on the M9, ie south of the ground. I know there's another pub or two behind the away end towards the town, but never tried them.

Edited by The Mantis

Bout two to three miles from Falkirk station. Ample parking at the ground. Junction 6 of M9 then follow signs

To be fair it's only about 2-3 km Alex, but a pretty boring walk with all those roundabouts. It's 4 quid to park at the stadium, but if you get there a bit earlier there's street parking if you look for it. If you park at the stadium at our end you get a quick getaway though.

Some of us usually drink at the Cadger's Brae, just off junction 4 on the M9, ie south of the ground. I know there's another pub or two behind the away end towards the town, but never tried them.

Always felt further when I walked it intoxicated in younger days. Falkirk centre to the dancing at the International

Guest Clint Riggs

Quick guide to pubs and clubs

If you're driving from the East exit M9 at Jct5 Cadgers Brae , ignore away football signs and take exit signposted Falkirk, Cadgers Brae Beefeater is 200 yds on lhs virtually opposite the Beancross Pub/Restaurant. Both family friendly ( the Beancross possibly the better of the two). Rejoin rbt at Jct5 and take second exit signposted away fans for parking.

If you're driving from West/North exit M9 at Jct6 take right at bottom of slip signposted for away fans. On your left in 50 yds is the Auld Toll Tavern, friendly with decent bar meals.

On rhs further up is Grange Manor Hotel (previously the 'International' :thumb04: ) together wth Wallaces Bistro and more interested in weddings than the fitba'. As you approach Earls Gates rbt, Earls Gates Social Club is on your left, accessed from Earls Rd. Away fans are welcomed, at least until November when Kemfine shut the place to build another gap site/vacant office block. :rotflmao:

Away parking is the paid section at the ground alternatively , free on street at Asda Depot or car park at the Earls Gates SC.

If you arrive by train, Falkirk Grahamston is closer and in the town centre. Decent pubs being Behind the Wall and The Orchard Hotel , both do decent grub, there are a rake of pubs in the town. 10-15 mins walk to ground or get a service 3 or 4 to Grangemouth which passes the ground.

Remember to leave 3 points behind as you leave though. :018:

Edited by Clint Riggs

The Beancross wouldn't serve you unless you were having a meal - that's why we ended up at the Cadger's Brae a couple of years back, and been going there since.

Actually I was at the Beancross for a wedding and the food was excellent.

Edited by The Mantis

Guest Clint Riggs

The Beancross wouldn't serve you unless you were having a meal - that's why we ended up at the Cadger's Brae a couple of years back, and been going there since.

Bit surprised (and dissappointed) at that, management has changed since then I believe. Would

have thought you could drink at the bar where the tv's are/were.

Tomorrow I will be mostly at Earls Gates Social Club. :rotflmao:

Bit surprised (and dissappointed) at that, management has changed since then I believe. Would

have thought you could drink at the bar where the tv's are/were.

Tomorrow I will be mostly at Earls Gates Social Club. :rotflmao:

Stayed at Beancross Travelodge a month ago and had a couple of pints and no food without problem at the bar.

The Highland Marchers ate at the Beancross at the end of last season (the day they set off for the walk back up the road) and whilst the food was very good and fairly reasonably priced the service was slowwwww, and we were one of only 3 or 4 tables who were eating. I think we were in there about 1.30 and only made it to the match a few minutes before kick-off.