FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland V Norway Match Day Thread

FortressICT

Hmmm...a goalscorer....Kris Boyd?! O no, he's quit playing under George Burley! What an absolute ***, let his country down big style! :rotflmao:

I'd do the same. I'd find it very frustrating at not even getting on as a sub then seeing a debutant go on who has done NOTHING in his career other than score a few this season early doors and miss a sitter I would have got to and put away. Boyd single handedly won two cups for Rangers at Hampden with his goals. He was also overlooked instead of Fletcher who hasnt impressed all season. Sure he's got potential but isnt ready for the Scotland 1st team. He hasnt overly shone through in any friendlies and has yet to score. Even David Clarkson has done that and he should be nowhere near a scotland team. Not ahead of Ross McCormack anyway(who incidently has done as much as Iwelumo this season).

Why make yourself available when a) the team is crying out for someone to score :thumb04: and not getting a chance to do that and c) be overlooked for a equestrian beast and a "Real Madrid" player!

Hmmm...a goalscorer....Kris Boyd?! O no, he's quit playing under George Burley! What an absolute ***, let his country down big style! :rotflmao:

bit harsh...must be frustrating not being given the chance, and in a way shows how passionate he is about playing for scotland, cant stand the guy myself but burley made a mistake not playing him yesterday

Don't blame Boyd for not playing for Berti Burley again. Someone with his goal-game ratio should be the first name on teamsheet.

Does this also mean he is not going to play for Ra***rs as long as Smith is boss??? Seems to be treated in much the same way there.

Don't blame Boyd for not playing for Berti Burley again. Someone with his goal-game ratio should be the first name on teamsheet.

Does this also mean he is not going to play for Ra***rs as long as Smith is boss??? Seems to be treated in much the same way there.

Difference is he's employed to play for, and paid by, Rangers.

He cant really refuse to play for them.

Whereas with scotland he can choose to play or not.

Dont blame the boy for what he's said today, must be frustrating sitting warming the bench while inferior players like Iwel feckin umo are getting a game ahead of ya.

Fact is he's not really just quit because he never played, but because Burley used him to justify his inclusion of Iwelumo."Kris Boyd needs to establish himself at Rangers and he hasnt done that. Iwelumo has done" Burley got his tactics wrong. Never used all his subs for one thing, when we were looking to win.

Saying Boyd aint established at Rangers is unfair given the depth of squad they have. Boyd is one of 6 strikers pushing for 2 places every week. and he plays every other week. And scores goals.

And the fact is Boyd has and can score at international level. Iwelumo hasnt even played for scotland before. In fact it's his 1st squad as he pulled out to play in championship playoffs 6 years ago. So whether or not he's established or not. Fact is he's proven at that level. Iwelumo hasnt even been tested in a friendly. Even David "shouldnt be anywhere near a scotland squad" Clarkson has that and scored!

Its the 2nd time Burley has humiliated a player in a press conference. 1stly with Broadfoot. Yes we all know he is limited but he's the best available right now so dont come out and say it.

Put it this way. How many of you, if doing volentary work and got told that you were either limited or needed to show you could manage the job in front of ALL your collegues effectively AND the whole public, would be happy? Most would be enraged, or at least left humiliated.

Its effectively the same as Scotty publicly posting that his moderators were no good. They do it for the love of the club and the site (and possibly Scotty, who knows) and no financial benefit to themselves and would probably be a mite upset at that.

Kris Boyd has every right to chose not to play for his country but, in my opinion he does not have the prerogative to pick and chose which manager he plays under just because he seems to have taken a huff that Burley doesn't rate him.

Having turned his back on his country and having snubbed not just the current manager but the nation by doing so, I would be very disapointed and let down to see him ever selected for Scotland again no mater how well he might be playing or who the national manager might be at the time.

in many respects i dont blame boyd for quitting but maybe he should have taken some time first. he's the best natural goal scorer we have who's produced the goods for scotland when given a chance yet has been largely overlooked by three different managers now and on sat loses out to macfadden who is never an out an out striker, and iwelmo who's making his debut.most people in his shoes would be feeling highly pissed off.dont think burley has handled it well the way he basically rubbished boyd on the radio and he also put his foot in it with broadfoot pre iceland

On the other hand if i was lucky enough to play for scotland there's no way i'd ever turn my back on it and is he going to tell walter smith to shove it too considering he's in the same boat at rangers?

whatever happens looks like the beginning of the end for burley already and our qualification hopes

Very surprised nobody has been critical of Craig Gordon, i thought he had a shocker and we were lucky that he didn't cost us. He lumped it up the park for the first hour constantly giving possesion to Norway when short kicks would have been better employed, he was very lucky with the save that he parried in the first half straight to the strikers feet and he completely missed two cross balls in the second half that were lucky not to be punished. He's a great shot stopper but McGregor would get my vote before him every time !

**** me - now I understand why you are so far up Brewsters erse. Cos ya havent got a feckin tactical bone in yer body - but I bet you have a tidy piece of muscle. :rotflmao: