FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hearts : matchday thread

Scotty

Lots of huff and puff but no end product again.

Much better than Wednesday, but we didn't really create anything, other than one almighty goalmouth scramble just before half time.....not sure what happened as it was at the away end, but both Barrowman and Rooney looked had the chance to tuck it away and I'm not sure how either of them didn't.

Not sure how Blackie picked up his injury, but we really missed him in the middle. Can't say I agree with the marks above as I thought McBain had a decent game in the middle, at least he can pass to a player in the same colour shirt, unlike Duncan, whos passing is simply woeful.

Barrowman.....it's hard to balieve we wasted the whole summer chasing this lazy *****. Rooney put himself about all day, and had a really good game, wheras Barrowman found it too much of an effort to jump for, or even move for, the ball.

I don't mind losing if we at least put the effort in, and we certainly did that today.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tokely was my MoM, with Imrie working hard and Rooney trying his best. Plenty of effort, but little end product. We seemed to have difficulty being first to every second ball........if you get my drift. Every 50/50 ball, we lost out. The goal itself was a bit soft from our point of view. Space on the eedge of the box, half powered low strike, but from where we were sitting, goal as soon as it was struck as Esson was on the opposite side of the goals and struggled to reach it with his finger tips. We maybe deserved a draw, but in all honesty we were shy in the box.

Now I like Grantie, our captain, but come on, when was the last time we scored fro one of your long throws......I can't remember. We had around eight or maybe more throw ins in the second half and despite caley100 screaming NO NO NO, he persisted in this tactic. I must admit, Stoke City use this tactic to great effect, but we are getting found out time and time again with this ploy.

Overall............we maybe deserved a draw, but lacked the quality upfront, despite the 4-4-2 formation, which started brightly.

Poor display allround.

Guys it was windy out there, did you not notice?. Seeing cleared balls being blown back down the field is a clue!. And why o why do we insist on punting high balls into Rooney and Barrowman all day, I don't think they won one header, the Hearts defence were loving it. Can someone please tell the midfield and back line to vary their play and pass the ball on the ground either for the forwards to hold up then lay off or for them to be played through and give them something to run onto. Todays performance was naive, as someone else here put it "all huff and puff with no end result".

We missed Cowie and things got worse when Black went off. Time for changes.

Tokely was my MoM, with Imrie working hard and Rooney trying his best. Plenty of effort, but little end product. We seemed to have difficulty being first to every second ball........if you get my drift. Every 50/50 ball, we lost out. The goal itself was a bit soft from our point of view. Space on the eedge of the box, half powered low strike, but from where we were sitting, goal as soon as it was struck as Esson was on the opposite side of the goals and struggled to reach it with his finger tips. We maybe deserved a draw, but in all honesty we were shy in the box.

Now I like Grantie, our captain, but come on, when was the last time we scored fro one of your long throws......I can't remember. We had around eight or maybe more throw ins in the second half and despite caley100 screaming NO NO NO, he persisted in this tactic. I must admit, Stoke City use this tactic to great effect, but we are getting found out time and time again with this ploy.

Overall............we maybe deserved a draw, but lacked the quality upfront, despite the 4-4-2 formation, which started brightly.

Tokeley is another player well past his sell by date, please do take your blinkers of!

Esson Didn't have much to do, a couple of good stops early in the second half. The hearts goal was a bit soft, he could have done better. 6/10

Tokely Best player on the pitch. Worked himself to exhaustion and kept going, great ball control and composure throughout, strong in the tackle at the back and probably our most dangerous attacking threat when Wilson came off. 9/10

Proctor Some crunching tackles, he floored Nade a few times despite probably being half of his weight. 8/10

Munro Composed, read the game well, strong in the tackle, great distribution. 8/10

Hastings Recovered well from his midweek mare, looked solid. Got into some good attacking positions on the overlap and put in some decent crosses (although I wish he would be a bit more daring and cut inside sometimes like tokely on the right, he's got the pace and body strength to be a more potent attacking threat) 7/10

Wilson Our most creative player by miles. Good going forward and equally good tracking back. We missed him when he came off. Brilliant dribble and cross early on to set up a sitter for barrowman who fluffed it. 9/10

Black Unlucky to get injured. 6/10

Duncan Solid 7/10

Imrie Was hacked off the park by hearts players throughout and looked very p*ssed off. Put himself about more than usual, didn't create a great deal in the final third. 7/10

Rooney Chased and harried for 90 minutes, held the ball well and usually picked out a pass. Missed a sitter just before half time. 7/10

Barrowman He didn't even get his shirt dirty. 3/10

McBain Looked a little rusty, not suited to the attacking midfield role but put in a shift. 7/10

Vigurs Not sure why he came on for Wilson (would have preferred a natural winger like sutherland) but used the ball well under pressure. 7/10

Wood Threw himself at everything, got stuck into the hearts defense and won almost every challenge, held the ball well. 8/10

Tokeley is another player well past his sell by date, please do take your blinkers of!

tokely was indeed the best player on the park today

CaleyD, I dont blame Brewster for the striker fiasco. I blame Savage. Because of the Niculae thing there just wasn't money to bring anyone in. Barrowman hasn't shown anything yet but I have heard that he wasn't Brewsters choice but was pursued by the DoF. Rooney is young but has class and will show it in time.

Maybe we should look at Bryan Prunty in january.

What really amazes me every week when I read this thread is how different the various viewpoints can be from people at the same game. Tokely is MoM. Tokely's a waste of space.

I wasn't there so cant comment but I hear from the various reports that the boys played well but couldn't finish. Indeed Skysports had Hastings as MoM. The one thing for certain is our defence must have been doing something right. But then Hearts closed up after they scored.

CaleyD, I dont blame Brewster for the striker fiasco. I blame Savage. Because of the Niculae thing there just wasn't money to bring anyone in. Barrowman hasn't shown anything yet but I have heard that he wasn't Brewsters choice but was pursued by the DoF. Rooney is young but has class and will show it in time.

Eh?

How can netting a 6 figure sum for a player who was all but paid for during his time here by additional investment put in by Savage possibly be the reason we had no money to bring anyone in?

if anyones to blame its sutherland

He is ultimately behind everything that is wrong with the club at this moment in time. Anyone know any millionaires in Inverness who may be interested in an investment opportunity? :rotflmao:

Rossco was amazing today. He put 100% into everything and you can see his passion for the club written on his face. Man of the match for absolute certain. Compare that to barrowman who hardly broke sweat and came off looking as though he was ready for a night on the town! Imrie must be black and blue all overas he was hacked to bits. And don't get me started on the ref or linesman!!!!!

if anyones to blame its sutherland

He is ultimately behind everything that is wrong with the club at this moment in time. Anyone know any millionaires in Inverness who may be interested in an investment opportunity? :rotflmao:

That the one thing ICT are NOT.....an investmnet opportunity. If a Sugar Daddy was to take us on, it would be for the pure love of the club

Imrie was superb and clear MoM for me.

Tokely the stand-out in the defence and reserve MoM; Proc and Grant very good; don't know what's up with Hastings, looks out of sorts these days. Ross was the only guy who consistently looked like going toe-to-toe with Nade and coming out on top, though Munro had his moments.

Russell's passing has improved and he put in a shift, McBain started well but faded - as has been said, Vigurs should have been the replacement for Blackie. Esson played well and should be stuck with, as long as he doesn't make a habit of holding a half-hour debate with the defenders about goals conceded (looking forward to seeing the highlights and whether he could have done better with his positioning). Barry's tendency to fall over looking for free kicks is getting more pronounced and, agreed, he should stay in the super-sub category from now on.

Barrowman - apart from the Chelsea Pensioners in front of me, he was the most passive spectator in the stadium. Rooney - needs to learn to time his jumps. Completely toothless attack which couldn't find the back of what was essentially an empty net. Wood worked hard but his touch really let him down several times.

Eh?

How can netting a 6 figure sum for a player who was all but paid for during his time here by additional investment put in by Savage possibly be the reason we had no money to bring anyone in?

Did we have the money in time? Can we spend it bearing in mind there's a possible court case pending?

I think part of our problems could be easily rectified....................Brewster get your boots on

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Eh?

Did we have the money in time? Can we spend it bearing in mind there's a possible court case pending?

I think part of our problems could be easily rectified....................Brewster get your boots on

Alex the club received the cash from the Marius transfer when there was still a month of the transfer window to go, and even with the cash Marius is owed it is still a 6 figure sum.

Lots of effort but a complete lack of quality. We should have scored before the break and should have had a penalty. Hearts should have had one too. Defence looked scared of Nade throughout and he is one impressive player.

For all the effort in the second half we had one half chance and didn't force a single corner. Really poor stuff with everything we were trying extremely obvious.

Imrie, without Black and Cowie, looked a shadow of his normal self. Don't see how others could be impressed with him.

Barrowman was a complete waste of time - on tha point everybody seems to be agreed.

What injury has Cowie sustained, when did he do it and how long will he be out for?

Lots of effort but a complete lack of quality. We should have scored before the break and should have had a penalty. Hearts should have had one too. Defence looked scared of Nade throughout and he is one impressive player.

For all the effort in the second half we had one half chance and didn't force a single corner. Really poor stuff with everything we were trying extremely obvious.

Imrie, without Black and Cowie, looked a shadow of his normal self. Don't see how others could be impressed with him.

Barrowman was a complete waste of time - on tha point everybody seems to be agreed.

What injury has Cowie sustained, when did he do it and how long will he be out for?

Apparantly he injured his knee against Falkirk. Dont know how bad.

Perhaps he bit his tongue whilst telling Brewster to F Off on Wednesday and will be out until it's healed sufficiently for him to apologise?

Or perhaps it is just the twisted knee from Wednesday :rotflmao:

I will cancel it Smee when you go along to a game.

But Hastings was his usual rubbish performance, floated crosses, losing his winger etc. Plenty of energy, but not zest.

Hastings was rubbish on Wednesday but not today. I think some people still haven't gotten over him signing for County 7 years ago!

Really kencar...........can I have some of what you are drinking. He was drivel, same as he has been all season.

I am not fussed where he has played, but for me, he seems to be going backwards in his career.