Guest Muir-Jaggie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-3-1229347043.gif post-3-1229348485.gif

The club do read these forums, and the Avatar is an opportunity to display your displeasure without necessarily having to post about it all the time.

Nice work.

I hate to appear a party pooper.....but, judging from the apathetic response to this thread, it seems when all is sed and done, there are only a handful of us prepared to try and get change. :thumb04: :018:

Its a disgrace, after all the bitching and moaning that goes on on here and i cant understand it :rotflmao:

Don't be disheartened SMEE. If we sent our e-mails, change our avatars/signatures and get our voices heard on Saturday then the message will be received.

What a sad state of affairs... it's like little kids stomping their feet because they can't get what they want

I'm not a massive Brewster fan but does he deserve to have this sort of witch hunt... I mean honestly????

As for the Bazza thing has it occured to anyone that he might be letting him go so he can offer better contracts to Cowie & Black or get in a new player?? Wyness went, it caused a big uproar and we got in Rooney who is younger, and already scored more goals than him and he is coming off the bench most of the time

I would have preferred for Bazza to stay on at the club but I am prepared to see if he has a replacement lined up before I get my pitch fork out...

Who else do you think we can attract as our new manager??? It'll have to be someone who can get us straight into Europe or he'll be for the chop same time next year when our fans start to get restless

I can tell you now what will happen if Brew goes... some hatchet-man will come in on a temporary contract until the end of the season hopefully save us from relegation and then sign a long term deal only for us to find out he isn't the "Special one" our fans become restless yet again and we are back to square one

I am far from happy with our current position in the league but I do think there are signs of a good young football playing team

I wish it was true Harry. We do have a couple of talented youngsters and that is great but when key playes go and are not replaced with much needed experience, we have a problem. It is all about results and that is how managers like to be judged on. Well results are awful so the manager should go. Just as there is no clear person to replace him doesnt mean he should keep going week in week out with the same old dross. Would we never have an election if we thought no matter how bad a PM was there might be no one to replace him? Just like all of us in our jobs, if you are not performing you will be visiting the job centre soon. We should never have taken him back and results are proving this to be the case, I just hope that he does the decent thing and walks away. If Darren Fergasoun fancies Scottish football that would be great.

As for protests, it is Inverness. A city with apathy for most things so you aint going to get a protest going. All we can do is the e-mails and when at games shout your anger at the manager but support the team. When you shout, others may join. The biggest thing that could happen is the the local media stop sitting on the fence. Look at papers in Sunderland or Newcastle. When thing are going bad they make the bold headlines and this gets the fans together. Can you ever think of the Courier of Snooze making a headline of Time to Go or as a signature has it Brew for the Brew? No chance, dont want to upse the apple cart.

Please Mr Brewster, give me a happy chistmas and leave. E-mail sent!

Edited by Govan Jaggie

I am far from happy with our current position in the league but I do think there are signs of a good young football playing team

I've seen those signs as well Harry. I take it you're referring to the controlled passing of Black and Vigurs, and the attacking energy of Imrie and Cowie. Given that we have those strengths, isn't strange that on Saturday we gave a toothless, passionless, just plain flat performance in a crucial game - the kind of game that would've brought out fighting spirit in almost any ICT team of the past - regardless of their other footballing qualities.

That performance told me that the team don't believe in Brewster anymore. In fact, Brewster's constant chopping and changing of players and formations suggests that he doesn't even believe in himself anymore.

Stomping feet and demanding change is what football fans do in situations like this Harry.

I've seen those signs as well Harry. I take it you're referring to the controlled passing of Black and Vigurs, and the attacking energy of Imrie and Cowie. Given that we have those strengths, isn't strange that on Saturday we gave a toothless, passionless, just plain flat performance in a crucial game - the kind of game that would've brought out fighting spirit in almost any ICT team of the past - regardless of their other footballing qualities.

I think this is the problem, lack of belief, lack of confidence or as you put it, lack of fighting spirit.

That performance told me that the team don't believe in Brewster anymore.

Considering our position in the league is shared by another 3 teams with Hamilton below us, I can only assume that 33% of the teams in the league, don't therefore believe in their manager anymore.

In fact, Brewster's constant chopping and changing of players and formations suggests that he doesn't even believe in himself anymore.

The formation played on Saturday, players on their own playing side, Procter at right back, Rooney on, two up front - were all shouted for on here and when he does this you call it chopping and changing! What do they say, damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Stomping feet and demanding change is what football fans do in situations like this Harry.

Guest Spectre

Look at papers in Sunderland or Newcastle. When thing are going bad they make the bold headlines and this gets the fans together. Can you ever think of the Courier of Snooze making a headline of Time to Go or as a signature has it Brew for the Brew? No chance, dont want to upse the apple cart.

The Newcastle manager-go-round being the shining light of how to run a football club!! :rotflmao:

Look at papers in Sunderland or Newcastle. When thing are going bad they make the bold headlines and this gets the fans together. Can you ever think of the Courier of Snooze making a headline of Time to Go or as a signature has it Brew for the Brew? No chance, dont want to upse the apple cart.

The Newcastle manager-go-round being the shining light of how to run a football club!! :rotflmao:

That was a badly run club with a chairman that had no idea what he was doing. At least the fans had a real outlet that would support them and gave pressure where required to make the club take action and not just sit there as if there wasnt a problem.

That was a badly run club with a chairman that had no idea what he was doing. At least the fans had a real outlet that would support them and gave pressure where required to make the club take action and not just sit there as if there wasnt a problem.

To be fair Newcastle fans are famous for their ability to protest, just look at when they were relegated and Newcastle Brown labels were printed with a black band through them.

ICT fans are new to all this and I think that the guys who are making a stand on here should be proud of what they are trying to do for the club it has taken a while but the anti Brewster brigade are starting to have their voices listened to. I would not wish to take anything away from the pro Brewster guys but it is nice to see the level of passion starting to re-emerge that we last saw with the campaign to have us allowed into the SPL.

Credit to the guys coming on here doing their best to have us listen to them, I know how hard it is to get your point accross when popular opinion is stacked so heavily against you, your passion has to be admired equally. We all want the same thing at the end of the day- The best for ICT, it is a shame that our views on how to achieve this are so far apart.

I think this is the problem, lack of belief, lack of confidence or as you put it, lack of fighting spirit.

That performance told me that the team don't believe in Brewster anymore.

Considering our position in the league is shared by another 3 teams with Hamilton below us, I can only assume that 33% of the teams in the league, don't therefore believe in their manager anymore.

In fact, Brewster's constant chopping and changing of players and formations suggests that he doesn't even believe in himself anymore.

The formation played on Saturday, players on their own playing side, Procter at right back, Rooney on, two up front - were all shouted for on here and when he does this you call it chopping and changing! What do they say, damned if you do and damned if you don't!

The one difference being that even though the other teams may get beat they go out and try to win. They have passion and fire in there Belly. Much like our team used to do. Our team goes out without any fight or desire. That tells me someone is to blame.

Guest Spectre

I would not wish to take anything away from the pro Brewster guys but it is nice to see the level of passion starting to re-emerge that we last saw with the campaign to have us allowed into the SPL.

Credit to the guys coming on here doing their best to have us listen to them, I know how hard it is to get your point accross when popular opinion is stacked so heavily against you, your passion has to be admired equally. We all want the same thing at the end of the day- The best for ICT, it is a shame that our views on how to achieve this are so far apart.

To be blunt I don't think there's anybody, or hardly anybody, on here who is "pro" Brewster.

Just a few who think some of the criticism and abuse is unfair, and that it is easy to assume the grass is greener elsewhere.

I think Alex has highlighted the key point. The team's performance level (and its consistency) has to rise, and soon. Can Brewster turn this around? It's clearly debatable. He managed to last year when he came in. There have been some good performances this season. We are still in the mix, we have won the same number of games as everyone else at the bottom. But Juande Ramos is probably just as good a manager as Harry Redknapp.

You make a good point about Ramos.

So lets get rid of Brewster and get a new manger who performs as well as Redknapp. Since Ramos just got the RealMadrid job then Brewster can get a new job and everybody wins!

Brewster must go!

I would not wish to take anything away from the pro Brewster guys but it is nice to see the level of passion starting to re-emerge that we last saw with the campaign to have us allowed into the SPL.

To be blunt I don't think there's anybody, or hardly anybody, on here who is "pro" Brewster.

Just a few who think some of the criticism and abuse is unfair, and that it is easy to assume the grass is greener elsewhere.

I think Alex has highlighted the key point. The team's performance level (and its consistency) has to rise, and soon. Can Brewster turn this around? It's clearly debatable. He managed to last year when he came in. There have been some good performances this season. We are still in the mix, we have won the same number of games as everyone else at the bottom. But Juande Ramos is probably just as good a manager as Harry Redknapp.

That is more like it Spectre, does it not feel better responding to posts in this manner rather than some of your recent posts.

I expect you are right, I expect given the correct circumstances Brewster could make a good manager but there is a culmination of factors which would point to his time here being finished.

His biggest failing at the moment is his arrogance, he needs to learn that he has to shoulder some of the blame for things himself. He is meant to lead the team yet his latest interviews show that he has very little ability to draw the best from them. It has been said he has lost the dressing room, I think we can see why.

He tried blaming us the fans for not getting behind the team but he failed to give us something to cheer about negative anti football tactics at home, neutralising the opposition but also neutralising the adrenaline required to get the fans singing.

I have met the man a couple of times and outside football he is a gentleman, someone who you would buy a drink if you had just met them for the first time and had no idea who they were but those meetings aside I have never heard or read anything from him which made me think, you know my opposition to his reappointment may well have been wrong.

In his professional position he is arrogant when he has absolutely no reason to be arrogant, he is a young manager at the start of his career yet he comes across like he thinks he is as good as Alex Ferguson.

Sorry mate Brewster has to go, he just has to.

I seriously doubt Brewster will resign and I very much doubt the board will sack him anytime in the immediate future.

He'll be allowed to stumble on into January (and beyond!) with the hope that Santa brings him a bumper book of 'dead good' football tactics and/or that he'll somehow manage to make several miraculous signings during the transfer window whilst not losing anyone from the current squad!

ICT fans will just have to hope that one or indeed both of these scenarios happen otherwise we may well end up in Division 1 next season :rotflmao:

I think Alex has highlighted the key point. The team's performance level (and its consistency) has to rise, and soon. Can Brewster turn this around? It's clearly debatable. He managed to last year when he came in. There have been some good performances this season. We are still in the mix, we have won the same number of games as everyone else at the bottom.

Not sure I would totally agree with that

When Brew was first manager (04/05 - 05/06), a total of 44 league games, he actually started quite well then went downhill .... He won nearly 35% of his games in 04/05 but won under 30% in his 21 games in 05/06. When he came back to us in 07/08 he went a couple of percentage points better and won more than 37% of his games but that has dropped to 27% this year.

When you look further at the stats, you also notice something that is quite interesting in terms of draws and losses. In his first stint as manager we drew 30% of games in the first season he was with us and 47% the second season which seems to show we did at least have a bit of fight and consequently his losses were less in number, and perhaps easier to swallow ... but since his return he has had a similar win record to his last outing with us but instead of drawing nearly 1 game in 3 (perhaps by fighting back) we are now only drawing 11% of games and losing more than 50% .......... and that is where he is losing the fans.

post-2-1229363236_thumb.png

Guest Spectre

That is more like it Spectre, does it not feel better responding to posts in this manner rather than some of your recent posts.

As the suggestions have been variously that Brewster went 4-4-2 at St Mirren to prove the fans wrong, and did so because people have been posting tactical advice on this site to pick just two examples, I think my responses have been perfectly fair.

As the suggestions have been variously that Brewster went 4-4-2 at St Mirren to prove the fans wrong, and did so because people have been posting tactical advice on this site to pick just two examples, I think my responses have been perfectly fair.

Okay mate, granted. I am just trying to lift your spirits, it's been a hard week for CTO posters.

Guest Spectre

I think Alex has highlighted the key point. The team's performance level (and its consistency) has to rise, and soon. Can Brewster turn this around? It's clearly debatable. He managed to last year when he came in. There have been some good performances this season. We are still in the mix, we have won the same number of games as everyone else at the bottom.

Not sure I would totally agree with that

When Brew was first manager (04/05 - 05/06), a total of 44 league games, he actually started quite well then went downhill .... He won nearly 35% of his games in 04/05 but won under 30% in his 21 games in 05/06. When he came back to us in 07/08 he went a couple of percentage points better and won more than 37% of his games but that has dropped to 27% this year.

When you look further at the stats, you also notice something that is quite interesting in terms of draws and losses. In his first stint as manager we drew 30% of games in the first season he was with us and 47% the second season which seems to show we did at least have a bit of fight and consequently his losses were less in number, and perhaps easier to swallow ... but since his return he has had a similar win record to his last outing with us but instead of drawing nearly 1 game in 3 (perhaps by fighting back) we are now only drawing 11% of games and losing more than 50% .......... and that is where he is losing the fans.

post-2-1229363236_thumb.png

With all due respect you can prove almost anything with statistics, or data mining.

The only statistic that's really important is finishing 11th or better in the league.

I'm sure everyone acknowledges that we've not had a good enough replacement for Darren Dods. Something that makes an enormous impact on the above. Unfortunately they don't grow on trees.

I'm sure everyone acknowledges that we've not had a good enough replacement for Darren Dods. Something that makes an enormous impact on the above. Unfortunately they don't grow on trees.

Please remind us again who it was that pulled out all the stops and played the press to get Dods to Dundee United. Just one of the reasons for the date on my signature.

With all due respect you can prove almost anything with statistics, or data mining. The only statistic that's really important is finishing 11th or better in the league.

You do have a point. It is frequently the case that statistics and numbers can be interpreted in many different ways, especially when there can be some argument about inconclusive data sets ..... but please, just take a look at the win, loss and draw% columns on the far right and honestly tell me they do not worry you.

Guest CiaoInverness

I can't read all you've said...but I think that a fan must protest with civilization..

So if Brewster will not go, you can or desert the stadium or (like Lazio fans made some years ago) go to the stadium turning your shoulders (I mean not looking the match) and showing banners and flags against this situation...civil protest but decisive...

The Board can't ignore fans, because they are the base of a team and they only remain forever