FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Have the board spoken

tm4tj

If you include the DUFC signings, I would go as far as to say he does have a decent eye for potential but I dont think anyone really went over the score in saying he didnt ... it seems to be tactics and his alleged arrogance that let him down.

Scotty you just summed it up perfectly there but potential needs nurturing, arrogance and tactical ineptitude cancel out that eye. I say we demote him to scout/fitness coach and get something for our money instead of paying him off. That way all employment laws are obeyed and we still get his good points

I will give you Dargo, Imrie, Esson and Rooney but the best of the bunch .... Don Cowie .... was a Charlie Christie signing (pre-contract in Jan 07, signed in July 07 ... Brew came back in Aug 07). However, to balance your argument I will also give you Djebi-Zadi, McGuire, Barrowman, and potentially Byrne.

All managers have managed to sign a few crackers .... but equally, they have all signed some duds too !!!

If you include the DUFC signings, I would go as far as to say he does have a decent eye for potential but I dont think anyone really went over the score in saying he didnt ... it seems to be tactics and his alleged arrogance that let him down.

I was hoping you'd clear up the Wyness one??

Wyness came back to us in 2005/2006 so I think it would have been Brewster who re-signed him.

As mentioned before Cowie was a Christie signing but I think whoever our manager was we would have signed the guy.

Agree with RiG.

Wyness came back in late 05 and signed a pre-contract in January 06. Charlie took over from Brew in January 06 so he may technically be a CC signing (not sure of exact signing date). However, I think we can safely say that even if CC signed him, the ball started rolling under CB so you have to give him credit for that one.

Worrying line in the P&J article today

Players will have to leave Caley Thistle in order for new recruits to come in and, in addition to Barry Wilson, at least one other first-team squad member will leave Caledonian Stadium.

:rotflmao:

Worrying line in the P&J article today

Players will have to leave Caley Thistle in order for new recruits to come in and, in addition to Barry Wilson, at least one other first-team squad member will leave Caledonian Stadium.

:rotflmao:

Lionel being the one other I hope.

Don't want to read too much into it but is Brewster not listed as a first team player? I think most of the fans would be okay with him leaving :rotflmao:

Wyness came back to us in 2005/2006 so I think it would have been Brewster who re-signed him.

As mentioned before Cowie was a Christie signing but I think whoever our manager was we would have signed the guy.

Agree with RiG.

Wyness came back in late 05 and signed a pre-contract in January 06. Charlie took over from Brew in January 06 so he may technically be a CC signing (not sure of exact signing date). However, I think we can safely say that even if CC signed him, the ball started rolling under CB so you have to give him credit for that one.

Cheers

The priority must be a centre half with a commanding presence. That must be blatantly obvious given the fact we have conceded in every game bar the Aberdeen game (i think)

Then an experienced forward.

Maybe after that a new left back and a winger.

The priority must be a centre half with a commanding presence. That must be blatantly obvious given the fact we have conceded in every game bar the Aberdeen game (i think)

Totally agree but who??

Totally agree but who??

Much as we need another experienced defender an experienced forward must be the priority given that we don't have a single one on our books at present.