Sign in to follow this  
PumpFake

Robertson Out

Recommended Posts

Robertson 'let it be known' that he was interested in the job, common practice as it avoids the potential embarrassment of applying and being formally rejected. A bit cute of him having got the job to then say he never applied. If he wasn't happy with the general coaching arrangements he should either have refused the job or insisted on changes, so he has to be accountable.

Way too early to panic. After a steady decline from the gradual break-up of the cup winning squad, relegation led to the guts being ripped out of the team. Dunfermline was a disaster but in other games we've been competitive. The failings are the same as last year, an inability to convert possession into goals and an inability to keep a clean sheet at the back. Over the last few years, how much money has been wasted on ineffectual strikers?

Off the park things are starting to look much more encouraging with the promise of a more open regime and the tidying up of the club's finances and corporate situation. There have already been boardroom changes so I don't see any point in further criticism of the new regime. Our main problems are on the park  where we are not seeing value for the cost of the squad.

Yes we need to see improvement but let's give them until Christmas and if we're in the same position then, decisive action will need to be taken. 

  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, goballistic said:

Robertson 'let it be known' that he was interested in the job, common practice as it avoids the potential embarrassment of applying and being formally rejected. A bit cute of him having got the job to then say he never applied. If he wasn't happy with the general coaching arrangements he should either have refused the job or insisted on changes, so he has to be accountable.

Way too early to panic. After a steady decline from the gradual break-up of the cup winning squad, relegation led to the guts being ripped out of the team. Dunfermline was a disaster but in other games we've been competitive. The failings are the same as last year, an inability to convert possession into goals and an inability to keep a clean sheet at the back. Over the last few years, how much money has been wasted on ineffectual strikers?

Off the park things are starting to look much more encouraging with the promise of a more open regime and the tidying up of the club's finances and corporate situation. There have already been boardroom changes so I don't see any point in further criticism of the new regime. Our main problems are on the park  where we are not seeing value for the cost of the squad.

Yes we need to see improvement but let's give them until Christmas and if we're in the same position then, decisive action will need to be taken. 

Agree with much of that but not sure that my patience will stretch to Christmas. Should there be no improvement or significant signs of improvement by mid November under the current regime I doubt there ever will be and the decision ought to be made then.

Edited by Kingsmills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Agree with much of that but not sure that my patience will stretch to Christmas. Should there be no improvement or significant signs of improvement by mid November under the current regime I doubt there ever will be and the decision ought to be made then.

Have to agree with that, this has been going on too long now and rather than starting to make any noticeable difference, Robbo and the coaches seem to be continuing to make all the same mistakes from last season. As a fan it's utterly depressing and it's one thing getting behind your team and giving full support when it's relatively short term and action is being taken, but this is dragging on with no end in sight. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Robert said:

I don't think sendings off due to two yellow cards can be appealed.

Think you are right, thought that cards for 'simulation' might be apealable?   Guessing not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly how atrtractive a gig are ICT at the moment.? Who would want to replace Robbo ? Those calling for his head should remember that a guy who did not even consider the job came out well on top at the last interview stage.. Who were the applicants? Do we know? There will be a drastically reduced queue if we advertise again. Reality check boys. We are where we are. The good times were great. The bad times will be ****. That's it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goballistic said:

Robertson 'let it be known' that he was interested in the job, common practice as it avoids the potential embarrassment of applying and being formally rejected. A bit cute of him having got the job to then say he never applied. If he wasn't happy with the general coaching arrangements he should either have refused the job or insisted on changes, so he has to be accountable.

Way too early to panic. After a steady decline from the gradual break-up of the cup winning squad, relegation led to the guts being ripped out of the team. Dunfermline was a disaster but in other games we've been competitive. The failings are the same as last year, an inability to convert possession into goals and an inability to keep a clean sheet at the back. Over the last few years, how much money has been wasted on ineffectual strikers?

Off the park things are starting to look much more encouraging with the promise of a more open regime and the tidying up of the club's finances and corporate situation. There have already been boardroom changes so I don't see any point in further criticism of the new regime. Our main problems are on the park  where we are not seeing value for the cost of the squad.

Yes we need to see improvement but let's give them until Christmas and if we're in the same position then, decisive action will need to be taken. 

Sensible point of view which mirrors mine - no knee jerk reactions, but a recognition that the performances on the park are nowhere good enough & that things were allowed to fester for too long last season. Christmas sounds about right - time to give the team & Robbo a chance but (hopefully) not so far gone if things don't turn around & changes need to be made.

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There quite clearly is a rift in the dressing room. Players were having a go at each other, the discipline is "shot". Tactically we are shocking. Perhaps we should axe Robbo and learn from the mistake made with Foran. Only problem is that there are 5 or 6 players that should depart prior to the manager but there are no replacements for them !!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

There quite clearly is a rift in the dressing room. Players were having a go at each other, the discipline is "shot". Tactically we are shocking. Perhaps we should axe Robbo and learn from the mistake made with Foran. Only problem is that there are 5 or 6 players that should depart prior to the manager but there are no replacements for them !!

Agreed. One of our strengths from the time of Steve Paterson onwards has been the unity and camaraderie in the dressing room. John Hughes destroyed that and and it has remained broken since.

If we can restore that spirit in the dressing room we will be half way to starting our revival and recovery.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was said by a lot of our players over the last couple of years, that the ICT dressing room was the best they had ever known, and you could see that in the way they would fight for each other, cover for each other and run that extra mile for each other in games. Now you see players squabbling on the pitch when things don't go well, and it comes across like they wouldn't sweat blood for each other. I know that there are a lot of new players, but every new player in the past always commented on the camaraderie in the dressing room and how they were welcomed into the fold. If this has gone, is it down to problems with the managers style, or are Foran's 'bad apples' still there, or is it just a case of a clash of personalities? They certainly don't come across as a 'team' and a lot of time look like a bunch of complete strangers. This is where a manager comes into his own, can he unite the players or has the dressing room been lost?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

Exactly how atrtractive a gig are ICT at the moment.? Who would want to replace Robbo ? Those calling for his head should remember that a guy who did not even consider the job came out well on top at the last interview stage.. Who were the applicants? Do we know? There will be a drastically reduced queue if we advertise again. Reality check boys. We are where we are. The good times were great. The bad times will be ****. That's it.

That's absolutely not it. The moment we accept the fact we are a small, **** club - as many on here are so keen to do - is the moment we become that club. We will have plenty applicants for any job and it is up to the board to earn their keep by picking the right one this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

Exactly how atrtractive a gig are ICT at the moment.? Who would want to replace Robbo ? Those calling for his head should remember that a guy who did not even consider the job came out well on top at the last interview stage.. Who were the applicants? Do we know? There will be a drastically reduced queue if we advertise again. Reality check boys. We are where we are. The good times were great. The bad times will be ****. That's it.

Sheerin and Lennon were the two that were allegedly interviewed then Savage was hanging around with the possibility of extra money coming to help the club out but he wanted Robbo. The rest is history.

Anyway, Robbo has had another rant about the players -> http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-boss-John-Robertson-Im-prepared-to-sacrifice-myself-for-the-club-are-the-players-23092017.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually concur with a lot that Robbo is saying BUT he is ultimately responsible. That response is embarrassing and incredulous. He is saying some things in that article that are simply contradictive. Lets analyse a few.

We needed the exact same again. Dumbarton came out fired up because of how we played and we just had 10 minutes of madness. It happens every week. - Is it not a case that Aitken sussed us. We walked the first half and looked like we were on a stroll. The Manager should be warning the feckin players.

We’ve worked in training all week about marking men in the box – I’ve never seen space score a goal in my life. We leave a dangerous player (unmarked). The second one is criminal because the goalkeeper claws it out the top corner and he’s let down by a team-mate that doesn’t run in with his marker. - It is all about what happens in a game. The second goal was amateurish. It simply shows that a specific player was culpable.

So from dominating a game, we’re 2-1 down. We rallied, got into the game again, could have had a penalty but didn’t get it. Even with 10 men we looked more likely to get a chance than concede a third goal. I must have been at a different game. The penalty claim was a feckin dive which left us with 10 feckin men.

No, we work them hard about the opposition - Does the way we play allow us to dominate games? Yes.  What a load of bowlicks.

Sometimes the players have to come up with the answers, because as a coaching staff we’ve given them everything. If you had we would be top of the feckin league.

If I’m the sacrificial lamb that gets axed because it needs someone else to come in and do it, that’s fine. A hint of satire but he should know that it really is the bottom line.

I’m fed up of hearing how well we’ve played and coming away with nothing. Fer fecks sake. We were the better of two bad teams yesterday for 45 minutes. Dumbarton gave us too much respect initially. Then they sussed us. Over 90 minutes we got what we deserved.

Football management is based on results and we’re not getting them. Despite the fact we’re giving them the right training, the right information and the right tactics, we’re not winning games. :whoosh:

Apart from a 20-minute spell at the start of the Dunfermline game, no club has outplayed us this season. :wtf:

Seven games in. Had we, and it’s hypothetical, taken the chances we had in games we’d dominated, we could be sitting just off the top of the league, under the radar in a comfortable position - At this stage it is getting more embarrassing than it was yesterday.

In there (dressing room) it’s fine - Great statement after all that comes before !!!!!!

I want a reaction and we need it quickly. Carl Tremarco gave us everything and we had to take him off because he had nothing else to give. - McKay, Chalmers and Oakley gave nothing all game. Polworth and Trafford ran their socks off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our next 3 games.....QOS, Falkirk, DUtd..... Can we see ourselves getting points from any of those games. Falkirk possibly given their current league position, but what happens if we are no better or worse off after 10 games in ? Is it time to give youth a chance, all be it some are on loan at other clubs. They might just gave the motivation and desire to win that others clearly don't !!!!!!

Edited by MuirtownJaggy
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me but does sound  like sack me? Even though he knows we cant. I now think he knows he is out of his depth and cant sort it. 

Oh and this team are not fit so yes there is a training issue. A few struggling vy half time!! 

Edited by old caley girl
I cant spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RiG said:

Sheerin and Lennon were the two that were allegedly interviewed then Savage was hanging around with the possibility of extra money coming to help the club out but he wanted Robbo. The rest is history.

Anyway, Robbo has had another rant about the players -> http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-boss-John-Robertson-Im-prepared-to-sacrifice-myself-for-the-club-are-the-players-23092017.htm

Sounds like he's desperate to chuck it in already. Practically begging to be put out of his misery.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain he's going to chuck it in the next few weeks.

Nevertheless this was a jobs for the boys appointment.  Some on here seemed very opposed to Sheerin but after seeing his Aberdeen side against us recently I wonder if he'd have been alright.  They were fast, direct and very well drilled.  I wasn't too keen on Lennon, but he'd have been unquestionably better than the incumbent.  This was a jobs for the boys appointment and an ethos that has hung around the club like a bad smell for far too long.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Renegade said:

This was a jobs for the boys appointment and an ethos that has hung around the club like a bad smell for far too long.

You are right Renegade I just hope that with new appointments to the board will start to see a change of direction at the club but it will be a slow process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QoS live on alba Just Now against st  mirren I wouldn’t be confident of beating them for sure. They look decent Could we be bottom of the league after these 3 fixtures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There goalie had just let one in through his legs there is hope after all 1-0 for st mirren 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see Falkirk are twisting already. Houston canned.

To be honest, I would be happy to take him if Robbo does resign. An experienced and generally successful manager who knows the league well.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

To be honest, I would be happy to take him if Robbo does resign. An experienced and generally successful manager who knows the league well.

Agree, Kingsmills. Surprised at Falkirk's start to the season; they gubbed us in the league cup and threatened to upset the big boys for promotion last year. He doesn't become a bad manager overnight, so he could do a job here. The question is: Would he want it? Would anybody? Unlike a year ago, this job is a poisoned chalice, with a poor squad, dysfunctional board, empty coffers and collapsing support. Not a very attractive prospect for somebody to take over.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacking Houston seems a bit harsh given that since taking over from Holt he took them, as 2nd tier side, to the Scottish Cup final where they gave us a very hard game indeed, and then took them to 2nd place 2 years running in a very competitive championship.  That's a pretty impressive record.  I don't think Falkirk's poor start to the season is because they have a poor manager.  Instead, I think it is pretty obvious that they are simply missing John Baird. :tongueincheek:

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.