Brewster out campaign

DALNEIGHCALEY

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a banner at the side of the A9 before the game, its viewable on the BBC site game highlights, it was also shown on setanta.

But there was never a chance of us beating Rangers yesterday, and the crowd knew it, thats why is was a subdued atmosphere.

The cruncher will the next two saturdays.

We NEED all the fighting talk thats being thrown at us by management and players to actually come to something.

There was a banner at the side of the A9 before the game, its viewable on the BBC site game highlights, it was also shown on setanta.

But there was never a chance of us beating Rangers yesterday, and the crowd knew it, thats why is was a subdued atmosphere.

We NEED all the fighting talk thats being thrown at us by management and players to actually come to something.

Surely this was the reason to chant " brewster out " for the 90 mins then ?

For the first half the team did alright, dont forget the supporters are still ICT fans and still want the team to win.

When we started to lose goals there was feeling of resignation from the stands that was inevitable, because it was a game we were never expected to win - no win situation, see?

However, next saturday vs PLastic will a different scenario, lose and you will see a revolt.

For the first half the team did alright, dont forget the supporters are still ICT fans and still want the team to win.

When we started to lose goals there was feeling of resignation from the stands that was inevitable, because it was a game we were never expected to win - no win situation, see?

However, next saturday vs PLastic will a different scenario, lose and you will see a revolt.

IMO there will be no protest , its been mooted on here for ages now and apart from 1 bloke with an A4 sign in the stand theres been no protest . No wonder the board think all is well .

IMO there will be no protest , its been mooted on here for ages now and apart from 1 bloke with an A4 sign in the stand theres been no protest . No wonder the board think all is well .

I highly doubt the board think all is well, they are just sticking with Brewster because I guess some of them think he is the man to lead us out of this mess (A belief I disagree with, might I add).

However, we were fighting and showing signs of the hard-to-beat ICT we know in the first half. Pity it all came undone in the second. But it would have been stupid going to the game yesterday and just chanting for Brewsters head all game. That isn't going to help. If you asked people what the final score would be after the game I think many people would have said about 3-0 to Rangers.

If you are that determined to show some protest why didn't you do it yesterday?

I reckon the one of the reasons why nowt happened is because some folk are all talk. "Yeah I'm gonna protest", "Lets do a big protest". This kinda talk. But, when the time comes the chicken out.

I protested in the Tilted Wig yesterday by booing Brewster when he appeared on the TV screen. One time I did it but ended up choking on a chip. Damn David Sutherland silencing the voices of ICT fans :rotflmao:

I highly doubt the board think all is well, they are just sticking with Brewster because I guess some of them think he is the man to lead us out of this mess (A belief I disagree with, might I add).

However, we were fighting and showing signs of the hard-to-beat ICT we know in the first half. Pity it all came undone in the second. But it would have been stupid going to the game yesterday and just chanting for Brewsters head all game. That isn't going to help. If you asked people what the final score would be after the game I think many people would have said about 3-0 to Rangers.

If you are that determined to show some protest why didn't you do it yesterday?

when have I said that I want to protest ?

Subtle as a stone Richard.

I have not been to a match since Aberdeen, where my Brewster Out flag was on show and i chanted away not only for the team inicially, but for brewster to GTF.

I had intended to make trips to both motherwell and rangers but due to childcare (or lack there of) and work commitments I was unable to. My flag, however, is ready to be waved once more when I enter TCS, yet I hope it will never again see the light of day as the exit lights should have been lit way beforehand.

I am seriously contemplating going to support Barry Wilson and his queens team-mates next week, but unless the ICT faithful are heard loud and clear, any 'single man with his A4 banner' is never going to be heard.

If we all share the same views that Craig Brewster is not the man to keep us in the SPL, then why on earth don't you (people in general) stand up and make yourself heard?

I hope their is a great turnout for the supporters trust meeting on wednesday. I for one intend to make it if I can arrange suitable childcare arrangements.

I spoke to two people yesterday who are both fervent ICT supporters and each had a couple of points to make to me that seem to be at odds with what is being said on here by a lot of people, and at odds with my own views, but as I respect both of them, I felt I had to at least acknowledge this.

The support for ICT of these two people cannot, should not and in my case will not be called into question ... they have been to hundreds of games both at home and away since the club was formed and have held season books since the first season after we moved into the TCS. They are neither stupid nor naive but they presented me with a different viewpoint. In both cases, although concerned, they are still behind Brew and suggested that the "groundswell" we have been talking about is not as widespread as it seems when reading these pages. Comments ?

However, both of them acknowledged that January is crucial and they themselves see the Partick and Hamilton games as the straws that could break their backs if they go against us ... not so much the Partick game, but definitely the Accies game.

I spoke to two people yesterday who are both fervent ICT supporters and each had a couple of points to make to me that seem to be at odds with what is being said on here by a lot of people, and at odds with my own views, but as I respect both of them, I felt I had to at least acknowledge this.

The support for ICT of these two people cannot, should not and in my case will not be called into question ... they have been to hundreds of games both at home and away since the club was formed and have held season books since the first season after we moved into the TCS. They are neither stupid nor naive but they presented me with a different viewpoint. In both cases, although concerned, they are still behind Brew and suggested that the "groundswell" we have been talking about is not as widespread as it seems when reading these pages. Comments ?

However, both of them acknowledged that January is crucial and they themselves see the Partick and Hamilton games as the straws that could break their backs if they go against us ... not so much the Partick game, but definitely the Accies game.

I have only met one ICT fan in recent weeks who wasn't in favour of Brewster being sacked and he has since changed his mind!

I spoke to at least 7 rangers fans at work on sunday afternoon that all said brewster is the worst thing to happen to ICT. That they knew they would get a comfortable victory. That they knew once they went in front we'd just fold. And that Craig Brewster should have been shown the door long ago.

granted 7 out of the hundreds that travelled isnt much, but it gives the impression that we ICT fans are not alone in our thoughts of Craig Brewster and that some clubs in the SPL, and probably the SFL, are laughing at us as well as sympathising about our current demise

My first thought on that is that lots of supporters just want to go to a game on a Saturday afternoon, and cheer on their favourites and boo anyone else... Many are reluctant to get involved in all the politics that goes on behind the scenes..

I'm dissapointed that there is not a more united front, or a more concerted campaign, determined that urgent action is required NOW if ICT is to avoid dropping into Div1.

I'm hopeful that the Supporters Trust meeting on Wednesday will arrive at some kind of a conclusion - and that some kind of a battle plan will be drawn up. I'm a wee bit worried all the same that tonight they are having a meeting tonight to discuss Wednesday's meeting... But still, it's all we've got and I hope every discontented supporter in Inverness will make their presence felt at the Wednesday meeting.

Edited by Johnboy

Dont shoot the messenger LOL ....... I was just putting across my experience from yesterday !!!

Its sometimes hard to see the big picture from so far away, and as I discovered on my two trips home this year (both of which involved home wins !!!) the viewpoint you can form from postings on the website can sometimes be different to the reality you see when you are there in person talking to others and seeing it for yourself .....

Personally, I still believe that CB is not the man for the job, but for the first time in many weeks, I heard a viewpoint that offered some sympathy towards him so decided to make a comment to that effect and ask the question from others who go to games rather than listen to or watch them from afar.

Johnboy, although its simplistic, and we could dissect it several different ways, I think you are basically right when you say that

lots of supporters just want to go to a game on a Saturday afternoon, and cheer on their favourites and boo anyone else.

I think we would all like to get back to that state of affairs rather than the talk of battle plans which inevitably includes "collateral damage" somewhere along the way !

I've spoken to a couple of people like that also, but they tend to be people who are a bit closer to those at/running the club or who have boxes/hospitality packages and the like and don't necessarily mingle with the general fan base. Not saying they are any more or less of a fan than anyone else, but they are in an environment (especially at games) where those around them may not be too inclined to speak their minds for fear of upsetting someone at the top or for fear of their comments getting back to people at the top.

All I say to anyone who doubts just how widespread the "groundswell" is, look at the reaction of the fans at recent games. Historically, ICT fans have never been the type to get up and leave a game early, we've all sat through some awful performances and results over the years, some of which are worse than what we're witnessing at present, but for the most part they stayed and supported the team till the final whistle. That's no longer the case and almost every week we're seeing masses of fans leaving with 15 or 20 minutes to go....30 minutes if you look at the Aberdeen Game.

The Aberdeen match was also a great indication of just how many people do want Brewster Out. Not only was the crowd the most vocal in support of the team that I have witnessed in a long time, but I would say that equal numbers (if not more) were just as vocal in their calls for Brewster to be removed.

So, we have two sets of fans here...one set who feel beaten, scunnered or helpless by what's going on and simply pack up early and toddle off home because they aren't the type who are up for a battle, or who have witnessed the fans being ignored and cast aside for so long that they think any complaint is a waste of time...the other set of fans are those who are more vocal about what's going on and are up for the battle, who won't be ignored or cast aside.

Admittedly you have a third set of fans who just want to watch a game of football on a Saturday afternoon and aren't interested in anything other than what happens on the pitch, but will they continue to attend when the product is constantly as bad as it is at the moment?

Getting round to my point....it's not just the "groundswell" of vocal support for Brewsters Sacking that needs to be considered here, and just because someone isn't screaming their lungs out in defiance of Brewster at the football doesn't mean they think he should be retained. These "quieter" people are actually speaking louder than anyone right now, it's just that those running the club aren't listening.....these are the fans who are staying away, the fans who took up the 4500+ tickets at this point last season which haven't been sold this season. The club are fools if they consider the silent fans as being the ones who are backing them as these will be the fans who are hardest to win back in the long run.

It's a very weak business that doesn't know, understand or ignores it's customer base. If the club, or anyone, seriously thinks there's not a majority backing among the fans for change then I fear the worst, because not only are they incomeptent, they are totally naive and certainly not fit to be running our club.

I'm getting to the point now where I fear it is too late to turn things around through any structured means and that our survival is in the lap of the gods. Not only do we need to remove Brewster, we need to appoint the right replacement and they need time to strengthen in the Transfer Window. It's at the point where the current board are proving have proved that they aren't fit to be running our club and we should be looking to replace them as well as the Management team.

Johnboy, although its simplistic, and we could dissect it several different ways, I think you are basically right when you say that
lots of supporters just want to go to a game on a Saturday afternoon, and cheer on their favourites and boo anyone else.

I think we would all like to get back to that state of affairs rather than the talk of battle plans which inevitably includes "collateral damage" somewhere along the way !

But Scotty.... Not so long ago you were in agreement with me that the present management team should be dismissed, and that John Robertson could be installed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, when the whole picture could be reviewed... I take it you no longer share that view?

Unfortunately it appears that considerable pressure is going to have to be brought on the board to make changes, as there appears to be a reluctance on their behalf to acknowledge there is a problem here. Hence talk of battle plans which may well involve "collateral damage" somewhere along the way...

I'd further add that the longer we debate this issue, the fate of our beloved football team becomes more and more certain.

Edited by Johnboy

Quote from CaleyD...

Getting round to my point....it's not just the "groundswell" of vocal support for Brewsters Sacking that needs to be considered here, and just because someone isn't screaming their lungs out in defiance of Brewster at the football doesn't mean they think he should be retained. These "quieter" people are actually speaking louder than anyone right now, it's just that those running the club aren't listening.....these are the fans who are staying away, the fans who took up the 4500+ tickets at this point last season which haven't been sold this season. The club are fools if they consider the silent fans as being the ones who are backing them as these will be the fans who are hardest to win back in the long run.

It's a very weak business that doesn't know, understand or ignores it's customer base. If the club, or anyone, seriously thinks there's not a majority backing among the fans for change then I fear the worst, because not only are they incomeptent, they are totally naive and certainly not fit to be running our club.

I'm getting to the point now where I fear it is too late to turn things around through any structured means and that our survival is in the lap of the gods. Not only do we need to remove Brewster, we need to appoint the right replacement and they need time to strengthen in the Transfer Window. It's at the point where the current board are proving have proved that they aren't fit to be running our club and we should be looking to replace them as well as the Management team.

That is excellent, CD...

Can I print it out and send it to our alleged chairman - who I believe should be returning from his holidays soon?

Scotty, I was home over Christmas and New Year and spoke to a lot of supporters who just don't bother going to the games anymore and are unlikely to while brewster is still there. A couple of them were long term season ticket holders who no longer attend which did surprise me as I didn't think that they'd be as firmly in the "get-him-tae-f*ck" camp.

Still opinions eh....

I was just wondering about the stats of Craig Brewster in a managerial position... and it doesnt make nice reading.

According to Soccerbase (which I understand to be continously updated)...

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Inverness CT 27-08-2007 Present 62 21 34 7

Dundee Utd 16-01-2006 30-10-2006 30 3 16 11

Inverness CT 25-11-2004 13-01-2006 50 17 15 18

But Scotty.... Not so long ago you were in agreement with me that the present management team should be dismissed, and that John Robertson could be installed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, when the whole picture could be reviewed... I take it you no longer share that view?

didnt say that ...... said

Personally, I still believe that CB is not the man for the job, but for the first time in many weeks, I heard a viewpoint that offered some sympathy towards him so decided to make a comment to that effect and ask the question from others who go to games rather than listen to or watch them from afar.

According to Soccerbase (which I understand to be continously updated)...

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Inverness CT 27-08-2007 Present 62 21 34 7

Dundee Utd 16-01-2006 30-10-2006 30 3 16 11

Inverness CT 25-11-2004 13-01-2006 50 17 15 18

Soccerbase is 'decent' but not always totally accurate. looks like they are either a game behind or have missed a game somewhere.

post-2-1231172268_thumb.png

i thought i would be more vocal in my anti-brewster views as i was at the aberdeen game

but the truth is sunday was just quite depressing, i was not in the mood for shouting at all, i think many fans are in the same camp as me, yes or no?