FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster out campaign

DALNEIGHCALEY

Fair point Scotty but I would counter your tale with my own experiences:

Prior to my moving overseas at the start of the 1999-2000 season myself and my mate attended the majority of games both home and away throughout the division two and three years whilst we were both based in Aberdeen. In my absence my mate carried on clocking up thousands of miles following the club before moving back to Inverness a couple of years back. I think it would be fair to say that only a very small number of people have attended more games or made more of a committment to the ICT cause than he. It made it all the sadder when I spoke to him on Saturday evening when he confirmed that he'd given away his season ticket for the Rangers game as he's simply lost the will to watch the dross being churned out under Brewster. The person in question is not a shareholder nor does he feel the need to come on here and voice his opinions ad nauseam so his point of view goes largely unheard. However, if the club feels it can afford to ignore people like my mate who have invested hugely in this club over the years then we really are in dire straits.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thought i would be more vocal in my anti-brewster views as i was at the aberdeen game

but the truth is sunday was just quite depressing, i was not in the mood for shouting at all, i think many fans are in the same camp as me, yes or no?

Yup, I was cold and only went along as I go back to Edinburgh soon so spent time with my dad. So it was all good in the first and though there wasn't much cheering I think it was due to people in shock at the performance. But as I said to my dad at half time, 'DO you think they will be ok in the first 5 mins of the second half?'. So I think thats why people were quiet. We all knew it was coming as others have said they thought along the same lines as me, we didn't take our chances and knew due to our record that we would be punished. So a combination of cold, disbelief, and expectancy of what may come made us all very quiet

But Scotty.... Not so long ago you were in agreement with me that the present management team should be dismissed, and that John Robertson could be installed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, when the whole picture could be reviewed... I take it you no longer share that view?

didnt say that ...... said

Personally, I still believe that CB is not the man for the job, but for the first time in many weeks, I heard a viewpoint that offered some sympathy towards him so decided to make a comment to that effect and ask the question from others who go to games rather than listen to or watch them from afar.

This is the post I was referring to Scotty :

At the end of the day I think the majority of us are now firmly in the Brewster must Go camp ...... he simply cannot be allowed to continue.

The priority in that case is to get someone in who can hit the ground running. We are entering the transfer window, we need the squad to start working for each other, and we need an almost instant boost.

I feel that Robbo can be the man to provide that. He has proved over the last few months just how much ICT means to him. Some may not see or hear it but one of the "benefits" of listening to games on the radio rather than attending them is that you often get the "open all mics" programme and Robbo is passionate about ICT, Inverness and the Highlands. He was slapping down central belt stereotypes long before people thought he was touting for any job.

I agree with Johnboy's suggestion that he perhaps get a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do

I believe his passion would rub off on the players and we know what happens when ICT are happy/passionate

I believe he would find a place for Barry and that would give the players and fans even more of a lift

I believe he would further woo the fans by playing attractive football and acknowledging our existence

and most important of all .... I believe he would keep us up

Edited by Johnboy

I spoke to two people yesterday who are both fervent ICT supporters and each had a couple of points to make to me that seem to be at odds with what is being said on here by a lot of people, and at odds with my own views, but as I respect both of them, I felt I had to at least acknowledge this.

The support for ICT of these two people cannot, should not and in my case will not be called into question ... they have been to hundreds of games both at home and away since the club was formed and have held season books since the first season after we moved into the TCS. They are neither stupid nor naive but they presented me with a different viewpoint. In both cases, although concerned, they are still behind Brew and suggested that the "groundswell" we have been talking about is not as widespread as it seems when reading these pages. Comments ?

However, both of them acknowledged that January is crucial and they themselves see the Partick and Hamilton games as the straws that could break their backs if they go against us ... not so much the Partick game, but definitely the Accies game.

My first thought on that is that lots of supporters just want to go to a game on a Saturday afternoon, and cheer on their favourites and boo anyone else... Many are reluctant to get involved in all the politics that goes on behind the scenes..

I'm dissapointed that there is not a more united front, or a more concerted campaign, determined that urgent action is required NOW if ICT is to avoid dropping into Div1.

I'm hopeful that the Supporters Trust meeting on Wednesday will arrive at some kind of a conclusion - and that some kind of a battle plan will be drawn up. I'm a wee bit worried all the same that tonight they are having a meeting tonight to discuss Wednesday's meeting... But still, it's all we've got and I hope every discontented supporter in Inverness will make their presence felt at the Wednesday meeting.

Johnboy - a battle plan is not what we are aiming to achieve, but some ideas of the way forward. I have spoken to a lot of people and like Scotty I have heard some say they would like Brewster given more time and I respect those opinions. It is just as important that those who would like to support the manager attend the meeting, so that we can present a fair representation of the fan base. So I would hope that as many Trust members and Shareholders come along and share their views.

Just to confirm the board of the Supporters Trust meet on the first Monday of every month, so this is not a special meeting, but it will obviously be a significant agenda item.

This is the post I was referring to Scotty :

I agree with Johnboy's suggestion that he perhaps get a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do

... rest of post removed as it can be read above !!!

I havent changed my opinion. I have merely posted the summary of a couple of conversations I had and invited responses .... not sure what the fuss is about or why it is being suggested that I have done a 180 ???

i thought i would be more vocal in my anti-brewster views as i was at the aberdeen game

but the truth is sunday was just quite depressing, i was not in the mood for shouting at all, i think many fans are in the same camp as me, yes or no?

Yup

At half time during the game, they show a clip of the banner, although the banner was up for around twenty minutes just before kick off. That can be seen on BBC online on the football section. The Grampian/STV news have just shown it as have BBC Scotland news, both during their respective sport round up, and it went national during the live broadcast on Sunday on Setanta.

BBC online clip

On the BBC clip @ 2:14 secs in.

Probably only available to UK viewers.

At the end of the Aberdire game I chanted 'Brewaster out etc' virtually to his face as he entered the tunnel - BUT no one joined in. After the game yesterday I did the same - BUT was shouted down by a couple of guys in the other side of the tunnel, and again - no one joined in.

I know lots of supporters who, like me, want rid, but there seem to be as many who, for their own reasons, don't want rid.............. Well, I can't argue with their right to their opinions, but - just because I want Brewster gone and am willing to loudly and publicly say so, DOESN'T mean I am not supporting the team or the club.

What the hell, I just want success for the club and the fans and sometimes, to achieve that, you need to make some hard decisions.

I'd prefer to see him resign but I won't shed any tears if he is sacked.

What happened to the banners and chants that were discussed at great lengths here ? Didnt here so much as a whimper on Sunday .

you sound the type that wants it to happen but does nothing about it, other than complain about others that try to do something. Not a whimper just banner shown throughtout :rotflmao: the media.

Edited by nwadeener321

At half time during the game, they show a clip of the banner, although the banner was up for around twenty minutes just before kick off. That can be seen on BBC online on the football section. The Grampian/STV news have just shown it as have BBC Scotland news, both during their respective sport round up, and it went national during the live broadcast on Sunday on Setanta.

BBC online clip

Cheers, "subtle as a stone". :rotflmao:

BBC online clip

Anyone know who that was putting up the sign?

....sounds like a plan...watch the game from the bridge means no money to spend, yet we can get the point accross... splendid! lol

Think i'd personally sit in the stadium and chant away

Let me get this straight , because it was cold and everyone new we would get beat no-one bothered letting the guy in charge know what they felt about him ????

God help us .

It's Laughable isn't it,what are they going to do when Brewster takes the club down to the first division say we knew this would happen but it was too cold to do anything about it

weestie I would of told them where to go. I think it was Mantis who was told to sit down when he shouted for Brewster to resign, it's just not on!

Never heard anybody shout anything, I was on my way out for a pee anyway :rotflmao:

Personally I dont believe Brewster will be sacked. Rightly of wrongly the Board are not going to be seen to bow to pressure from fans regardless of what they do or say. And I think the more the protest the more Brewster will be supported.

I believe also that there is a plan in place to turn things around and that so long as we are not left on our own at the bottom of the table Brewster is going to be given the chance to make the turnaround.

The one thing that annoys me is that it would be nice to be given some insight into what the plan is.

Personally I dont believe Brewster will be sacked. Rightly of wrongly the Board are not going to be seen to bow to pressure from fans regardless of what they do or say. And I think the more the protest the more Brewster will be supported.

I believe also that there is a plan in place to turn things around and that so long as we are not left on our own at the bottom of the table Brewster is going to be given the chance to make the turnaround.

The one thing that annoys me is that it would be nice to be given some insight into what the plan is.

Mushroom management perhaps?

Is this CTO's answer to crimewatch?

I'm sure I've seen thugboy on the left hanging furtively around the Innes Bar trying to bum drinks off people... :o

aye, they were both good lads before they came down with that "out of focus virus"

nice job guys!

Edited by ronnyc

What is really concerning and very annoying is the amount of fans of other teams who say Brewster is awful. I know Hibs fans, Hearts fans, Old Firm fans who have all said this. All of them say they used to hate the journey up here as after a long trip they'd be expecting a tough game. Nowadays they just ask if they can just have the points beforehand to save on petrol money.

Dundee Utd fans i've spoken to think we're mad to have taken him back. but the board wont listen to anyone it seems. Most employers ask for a reference.