FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

All quiet on the transfer front

caley100

Giving the serious situation that ICT are in ( despite what Malky thinks) i wonder if Brew has actually done some groundwork with signing players.

We know he's offered Elvis a job, but if he is really serious about signing new blood he should have done his homework long before now.

As he claims in the press he will actively 'try' to sign new players, this sounds a wee bit of maybe to me, as i cant see the players that are there solving the problem, hope they do, but cant see it.

Giving the serious situation that ICT are in ( despite what Malky thinks) i wonder if Brew has actually done some groundwork with signing players.

We know he's offered Elvis a job, but if he is really serious about signing new blood he should have done his homework long before now.

As he claims in the press he will actively 'try' to sign new players, this sounds a wee bit of maybe to me, as i cant see the players that are there solving the problem, hope they do, but cant see it.

The club can't win. They are open about their dealings, and they are slated. They are quiet about their dealings, and they are slated.

If you can't work out who the 3 players are then just look to see who's playing well at County, ambition for Caley lies no further than Dingwall. My friends who support other teams constantly laugh at the fact we try to sign County players, who they admit some can come good and do the job but we usually just settle for that rahter than looking further for better.

I for one don't believe for a second that increased funds will/have been made available. We'll see the usual one or two changes, but nothing more.

I agree... appeasing the fans and thinking their giving us something to be happy about is to obvious at this point

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu...experience.html

Here we go... :rotflmao:

Obviusly survival and a good cup run our our priorities this season, and with money to spend (alegedly) then why only 3 people being mentioned.

I would like to see one or 2 loan signings included until the end of the season. Surely we could loan someone from Aberdeen, Killie or even one of the old firm like Hamilton have done. We need experience.

What happened to Ehiogu from Rangers? I think he'd work well with Granty should pressley not make the move north.

Caley D... you really think they wont strengthen? I memorised the word "substantial" in one article, as regards transfer budget. I would be surprised if there are not three quality players brought in, as that is what has been indicated from George Fraser and Brewster. I cannot believe that they would be so naive as to allow the transfer window shut without a darned good stab at bringing in players, I hope I am not proved wrong.

I think we'll see a couple of new faces but I'm not holding my breath on them being any better than what we have. If we're lucky we might land a decent defender OR a decent forward, but can't see us being able to splash out for both. The truth of the matter, whether we like it or not, is that we don't have the funds for "substantial" investment in the squad. Certainly not for 3 or 4 quality players.

I remember hearing in the summer when we sold Marius that we'd be bringing in 3 or 4 quality players to strengthen....still waiting, and I don't think it will be any different this time.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

One other thing....if the club had substantial funds to invest in the squad, why were/are they not using them to obtain the long term services of the likes of Cowie and Black?

With regards to transfers we still have 3.5 weeks, I would imagine the board are stuck between a rock and a hard place just now.

If you ran a football club what would your contingency plan be if things weren't going well. Relegation will cost the board a lot more than me watching first division football again.

Do you put the feelers out, make a few general enquiries, regardless of what you tell the public but primarily hope the situation improves.

I would not expect any definite transfers to happen until the after the Hamilton match. Hearts may also take Black early and Cowies future is unclear too.

An experienced striker is required. I dont want to slag our strikers off but it took our euro 2008 striker six months to hit form, how long have we got? and we do need more goals.

A replacement for Dods,

and possibly more midfielders depending on Ian and Dons future.

As long as we get players who can compliment the core of our team.