FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs Duo (merged)

ICT_Away

Not impressed in the slightest.

Morais is all pace but from what I've seen has nothing else to offer. We all know perfectly well that he is a diver as well. I daresay that his off the field activities are nothing to do with his ability to play football but I'm not overly impressed about that either. (I will climb off my moral high horse now!)

Gatheussi will fit perfectly well into our calamity-prone defence.

These guys are so far off the first team radar at Easter Road that they might as well play for Hearts. I can't help feeling we should be more ambitious than picking up rejects from a club who are no better than midtable in this league.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's no Wilson but i do see Morais as a decent signing. We lack any pace in our midfield area and he is the man to add it. But like folks say his real down fall is his crossing. But i suppose Vigurs aint too bad at that on the opposite flank. I'm sure Phil McGuire got a suprise when he heard about this. :rotflmao:

In Gatheussi's case i'm convinced we have nothing more than another Djebi-Zadi.

Are they allowed to play on Saturday?

I know sheilds scored a hattrick against us last season in the cup but I'm sure Morais was one of the players that ripped us apart that game. It wouldn't have been difficult though from what I remember we were playing a ridiculously high defensive line against one of the quickest attacks in the SPL

Scotty were you complaining about Juanjo diving when he kept us in the SPL our first season?? It's one of those things I'll complain about until I'm blue in the face when it's against your team but when he is winning your team free kicks and penalties ...... different story

I know sheilds scored a hattrick against us last season in the cup but I'm sure Morais was one of the players that ripped us apart that game. It wouldn't have been difficult though from what I remember we were playing a ridiculously high defensive line against one of the quickest attacks in the SPL

Scotty were you complaining about Juanjo diving when he kept us in the SPL our first season?? It's one of those things I'll complain about until I'm blue in the face when it's against your team but when he is winning your team free kicks and penalties ...... different story

Morais certainly played in that game - and got a few mentions in our match report: http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=171

Did I mention diving ? sorry cant see where I have said that ?

I'm concerned about both these signings. At this stage in the season and given our perilous position we need players who can make an immediate impact whereas both of these, even if they are better than we have which is a moot point, are far from match fit and by the time they are we could be detached at the foot of the league.

I'm concerned about both these signings. At this stage in the season and given our perilous position we need players who can make an immediate impact whereas both of these, even if they are better than we have which is a moot point, are far from match fit and by the time they are we could be detached at the foot of the league.

i,ve got to laugh at some people on here,if we sign 1st or 2nd div players we get slated,if we sign hibs players we get slated,can you do any betterin finding players who will come to ict and improve the squad ? try and give them a chance 1st before writing them of

It looks like moves are being made which is encouraging. This and a combination of the supporters trust meeting have given me something to smile about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipe_Morais

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Gathuessi

Sounds good to me, former Chelsea

dont forget Vladimir Kolesnicenko and Pavels Miihadjuks from that well Known team VENTSPILS? add

Morais signing is a horrible decision ihave seen him play for Hibs countless times and he seem to get worse with every game!

Brew out now!

alright folks, hibs fan here, just thought i'd pop in with my thoughts on the 2 loan guys you've signed.

First of all i'll admit i'm not a fan of either, they both have their faults, however clubs like ours are always going to be signing 'rough diamonds' in the hope that they come good for our club, IMO both have a good chance of performing well for you.

it'd be easy for me to come on here and proclaim them both pish, however that wouldn't be fair on either of the guys, so with my positive hat on here's what i think they can offer you........

Morais...... he's a quick right winger with plenty tricks up his sleeve, i'm sure the lad has talent in there somewhere, however he just needs to find the confidence to produce it in the right places, i know he comes across as a cocky little ****, however whenever he gets close to beating his man he doesn't seem to have the courage of his convictions to keep going so rarely gets the chance to get a good ball in. We're a miserable bunch of ******** at easter road so he got a fair amount of stick at the start of the season when things were going badly for the whole team and he never seemed to have recovered from that, i hope this doesn't come across as patronising or insuting but the fact you guys have smaller crowds than us might actually help him in this respect as there'll be less folk on his back.

Ghattuessi....... when he's concentrating and in the mood for it he can be a very good full back, very fast and hard in the tackle (in fact he's absolutely f***ing mental in the tackle), however his concentration lapses just happened far too many times last season and it cost us too many goals for him to be considered as first choice full back. There are quite a few who wanted him to be given a chance at right midfield as he had the attributes to be a good player there, he was never given a shot there though so don't know for certain how that would have worked.

Hope that helps.

It looks like moves are being made which is encouraging. This and a combination of the supporters trust meeting have given me something to smile about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipe_Morais

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Gathuessi

Sounds good to me, former Chelsea

Two players willing to move North "Quote", cant get a game at Hibs so hardly suprising, add Vladimir Kolesnicenko and Pavels Mihadjuks from Ventspils? all for the usual transfer fee ie nil. Hope they all speak with a Scottish Accent and dont want names on the back of their shirts! I take it Pressley was going to cost money?

its good to see that we are becoming active in the transfer window and i hope that these guys can do the business for us. But if we do get this latvian guy (cant for the heck of me remember his name) and/or steven presslel then surely this was somewhat a waste of what already is a limited resource of wages.

I love having divers playing for us. Juanjo and Barry Wilson in the same side was brilliant. Bring on the divers!

Morais is a horrid little player but if his cheating, niggling and diving get us a few points I'll be happy.

Morais certainly played in that game - and got a few mentions in our match report: http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=171

lol and he gets sent off

Was talking to someone earlier who suggested that Hibs had been set to do a deal with Livingston to put Gatheussi on loan there and it had come as a shock/surprise to Hibs that ICT were in fact interested in both him and Morais. The reason being, it's not possible for a club to take 2 players over 21 on loan at any one time......

From the SPL Handbook....

D5.4 Subject to Rule D5.7 and D5.12, a Club shall not be permitted to have more than 4 Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers at any one time and of those Players not more than one shall have been over 21 years of age on the date of his Registration to that Club.

Having gone back and checked the content of the article on the official site it says nothing about this being a loan deal...which makes sense when you look at the rules. That means we must be taking on the full contract (and assuming wages too) for one or both of these players.

That means that we are, in effect, picking up the scraps from Hibs as opposed to them being loaned out to gain experience before going back there.

Sorry my bad hislopsoffsideagain has the same avator

admin, not sure what the rules are for posting youtube links so if its not allowed, apologies.

YouTube links are fine as they deal with their own copyright issues.