FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for change

Guest BringBackBavidge

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BringBackBavidge

How anyone, a new poster to boot, expects to be taken seriously with a name like that....

Oh, I apologise. I assume I have to be paraded in front of the lynch mob medical team to ensure my intellect is below a certain level and that I will subscribe to your narrow views before I can hope to be accepted? My mistake.

Don't worry. Should my views differ from those who frequent this site just let the Moderators know and I will be blocked.

And may I also remark on what a fine name you have.

It's interesting really. Every now and again, and it seems to be every week or so another one of Brew's cheerleaders comes out of their lonely cave and posts some drivel about how great Brew is and how we should all get "behind the team". I'm 100% behind the team, but I'm so much behind the team that I don't want them to go down, if that means booting Brew, then so be it. First there was FootyFanatic, then ILUVBREW and now BringBackBavidge. Are these club insiders trying to sway us to get behind a fallen comrade? This poster says yes.

How anyone, a new poster to boot, expects to be taken seriously with a name like that....

Don't worry. Should my views differ from those who frequent this site just let the Moderators know and I will be blocked.

Lets hope so.

Edited by Renegade

Bavidge, most of the other people on this site currently have a different opinion to you. You knew that before you started posting, so get over it. People would be less inclined to slate you and more likely to to take you seriously if you addressed them in a less condescending manner. As for your self-confessed hatred of DJS, who btw has NEVER attempted to "dictate" anything to the club's board, well that just makes you look childish and petulant. Sure we all have differences of opinion, but there are ways to express these without degenerating into arguments and personal comments.

Guest BringBackBavidge

Here's a few facts fot you BBB

Supporters Trust meeting was on Wednesday night.

Statement following meeting received by the club on Thursday.

3 new players signed on Friday.

Need I say more?

Well done DJS. :rotflmao:

How ridiculous.

You know, I think you actually believe this had something to do with DJS!

Guest BringBackBavidge

Bavidge, most of the other people on this site currently have a different opinion to you. You knew that before you started posting, so get over it. People would be less inclined to slate you and more likely to to take you seriously if you addressed them in a less condescending manner. As for your self-confessed hatred of DJS, who btw has NEVER attempted to "dictate" anything to the club's board, well that just makes you look childish and petulant. Sure we all have differences of opinion, but there are ways to express these without degenerating into arguments and personal comments.

No WriteOnCaley -, people on this forum would only be less inclined to slate me if I subscribed to the unrepresentative views of the lynch mob.

As for DJS - I do not hate the man. However, I believe his actions could be detrimental to the future of this club - and I think he and his comrades need to take a step back now.

I also think it's time for the rest of the lynch mob on here to get on with life. You have stated your point repeatedly, we have heard it. Now get behind the club you supposedly support and stop rejoicing in every bad result.

No WriteOnCaley -, people on this forum would only be less inclined to slate me if I subscribed to the unrepresentative views of the lynch mob.

You have stated your point repeatedly, we have heard it. Now get behind the club you supposedly support and stop rejoicing in every bad result.

Bavidge, I do agree with you to a point. While I dont think Brew is the right man to manage the club the fact is it isnt going to change for a while (at least I dont think so). His signings looked promising yesterday and hopefully will continue with that form next week. Me, I am just going to get behind the team, I have made my point that I dont think he is the right man but I hope I am wrong.

Edited by stevico1

I think that DJS is a fool.

his antics are detrimental to our SPL survival.

he is motivated by his own ego rather than by any interest in the furure of the club.

Are you getting the impression that I don't care for him too much?

I hope so.

As for DJS - I do not hate the man.

Yawn.

As for DJS - I do not hate the man. However, I believe his actions could be detrimental to the future of this club - and I think he and his comrades need to take a step back now.

I also think it's time for the rest of the lynch mob on here to get on with life. You have stated your point repeatedly, we have heard it. Now get behind the club you supposedly support and stop rejoicing in every bad result.

There's so many things wrong with that that I don't even know where to begin. Whatever I say is obviously not going to make a lot of difference, so you just think what you like about my motivations and opinions, dear. I'm off to rejoice... :rotflmao:

Edited by WriteOnCaley

I find it very offensive that people come on here and miscry somebody they probably dont even know. Do any of you know DJS? Yes he's a driving instructor. Has been for about four years. What did he do before that? DJS came onto the Trust Board and was voted into the chair. He is not dictating to anyone. He is voicing the concerns of Trust members who have expressed opinion. The Trust meeting last week gave him the authority to carry forward those concerns. Around sixty bothered to attend the meeting and some who did not argue that this meeting is not representative of the Trust membership. Sorry but I believe it is representative. To not turn up is to accept the outcome in exactly the same way as to not vote at an election is to accept the result.

The actions of the last weeks have made it known to the club that their customers are not happy. The board and the management team are now in the spotlight. They have accepted that things were wrong and that actions must be taken to turn it all around. They appear to be acting in the manner expected. They are wasting no time bringing in new faces and it may well be that those new faces and any others that may come in will turn things around for us.

It may also be that the actions of DJS and the Trust have been the proverbial kick up the backside that was needed for the board to act. Nobody is going to admit to that but hopefully from now on in we will see improvement on the field. If we do I'll be the first in the queue to stand and congratulate everyone concerned.

Seems BBB is is a wee crybaby. There are a few pro-Brew posters in here already, like Harry Chibber for instance. Don't recall them being banned.

State your case and stop being paranoid. As Churchill once said, "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (doesn't mean you're right of course)

Need I say more?

It may also be that the actions of DJS and the Trust have been the proverbial kick up the backside that was needed for the board to act. Nobody is going to admit to that but hopefully from now on in we will see improvement on the field. If we do I'll be the first in the queue to stand and congratulate everyone concerned.

Are you serious? Do you really think that the emergency supporters trust meeting precipitated us making three signings? It obviously didn't.

I don't think the Supporters Trust meeting has achieved anything. According to posts on here 60 people came to it, the discussion was around whether Brewster should be kept as manager and the majority didn't want him. Now the Trust has released a statement demanding within a week clarification on what the club are doing to keep us in the SPL. Why within a week? What are the Trust expecting? Do they think holding a meeting with a few dozen people gives them the authority to issue deadlines to the club demanding statements?

That is the most blinkered lot of rubbish i have read in a long time!

Have you been at any games. We are shocking we can not pass the ball from A to B.

Typical Highland League supporter, we are from the North so we accept second best. We are a SPL club not a Highland League one and therefore we should act as one!

Need I say more?

Are you serious?

It's a bit of bait for a strange fish.

The header should have been 'time for a change in attitude'

Things may not have been too good for a while.

I thought we may not get any signings until the end of January, due to waiting to see if a new manager would like to bring in his own new signings after being knocked out the cup and being cemented to the bottom of the table.

Instead of waiting for more loses we've strengthened the team and things are looking rosier already, so it looks like Brewster is here for a while longer.

To some it was only Partick but Fraser was great in goal, we now have what looks like a reliable replacement for Dods,even Barrowman looked far better and also have a new but faster Wilson playing up front.

Time to restore some faith back in the team. We may not win every game but I'm going to enjoy watching them try.

Starting with the Hamilton match.

My attitude hasn't changed in the slightest. I was never NOT behind the team as I thought, and still think, that problems lie elsewhere.

The win yesterday changes nothing in that regard, and neither will a win against Hamilton next week. The damage is done and it will take more than a couple of wins/good performances to change my mind. IF Brewster manages to see out the season and things turn around it might go some way towards a change in my attitude, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Throwing a few quid at the problem might just bail us out this time, but we don't have the resources to be doing that twice a season every season. Continuing to support a manager who has to buy his way out of trouble is as much of a worry as anything else IMO.

I fully expect the "Brewster can't win" accusations, and they are likely spot on where I am concerned. However, it was he who got himself into that situation...and he's a long way from getting him himself out of it.

Do they think holding a meeting with a few dozen people gives them the authority to issue deadlines to the club demanding statements?

not as such no, but the fact they have up to 10% of the ICT shares certainly does.

EVERYONE on here IS behind ICT, and I am greatful for the fact the supporters trust has acted on behalf of over 80% of the fan base to get answers from the club that need to be answered.

It doesn't matter if 60 people turned up for the meeting or 6000. The point is, the trust held the meeting to come up with a legitimate statement for the club to answer, and for the fans to finally be heard because quite clearly, especially since brewsters re-arrival, the club seem to think they can survive without their customers.

Guest BringBackBavidge

I think that DJS is a fool.

his antics are detrimental to our SPL survival.

he is motivated by his own ego rather than by any interest in the furure of the club.

Are you getting the impression that I don't care for him too much?

I hope so.

As for DJS - I do not hate the man.

Yawn.

You really are quite tedious - and so incredibly stupid , but I feel strangely compelled to reply to you.

If you "don't care for" someone it does not mean you "hate" them. Now go away and bother someone else.

Now go away and bother someone else.

i was just thinking the same thing BBB...

the way I see it you have come on here to ruffle peoples feathers and have not, so far, come up with a decent post about WHY people should be getting off brewsters back.

I have said it before and I will say it again - everyone is entitled to their opinion, yourself included, but to slate people personally and brand all those who think a change is needed as the 'lynch mob' does not, IMO, bring any sort of decent argument to the debate on wether CB is the man to guide us to safety.

By all means, enlighten me!

Throwing a few quid at the problem might just bail us out this time, but we don't have the resources to be doing that twice a season every season. Continuing to support a manager who has to buy his way out of trouble is as much of a worry as anything else IMO..

First of all he hasn't bought anyone yet

.... and let me get this straight you are having a dig at him because he is trying to sign players and improve the squad?? We are ICT, not Chelsea, even if we wanted to we couldn't buy ourselves out of touble

Yes he has been mince in the first half of the season and it hasn't been acceptable and he has deserved his criticism but that is a ridiculous comment

Edited by Harry Chibber