FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for change

Guest BringBackBavidge

Do they think holding a meeting with a few dozen people gives them the authority to issue deadlines to the club demanding statements?

not as such no, but the fact they have up to 10% of the ICT shares certainly does.

EVERYONE on here IS behind ICT, and I am greatful for the fact the supporters trust has acted on behalf of over 80% of the fan base to get answers from the club that need to be answered.

It doesn't matter if 60 people turned up for the meeting or 6000. The point is, the trust held the meeting to come up with a legitimate statement for the club to answer, and for the fans to finally be heard because quite clearly, especially since brewsters re-arrival, the club seem to think they can survive without their customers.

If they were basing their legitimacy on their shareholding, why arrange a meeting via press release? Where do you get the figure of them acting on behalf of 80% of the fanbase from? They were acting on behalf of their members and those who attended that meeting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said he had bought anyone and not necessarily having a go because we are signing players either.

Although, had we not allowed certain players to leave so easily or pushed them out the door in some cases then we wouldn't have such widespread need to be signing so many players now.

I am of the opinion that Brewster created the problem, and simply throwing money at it (as seems to be the boards plan to get us out of trouble) is not the whole solution. This is now his 3rd transfer window since returning and on the last two occasions new faces coming in have only given a short term boost and the overall direction of the team has been downward.

This indicates to me that there's far more to the problem than the players and if we have to go through a major overhaul every time there's a transfer window in order to dig us out of the mire then we''ll have the administrators knocking on the door in the not too distant....or equally as bad, we won't be able to buy ourselves out of trouble and end up plummeting down the leagues.

So yeah, on first sight the players signed this week seem to be up to doing a job, but for how long? and why have others who have come in in the past and looked like being up to the job dropped so far off the pace? why have players who have been here for longer suddenly dropped off the pace? They haven't all become bad players over night.

I see nothing to suggest the signings made so far are anything other than a band aid. A band aid that might see us through this season, but not one that goes anywhere towards shoring up the underlying issues. It matters not a jot how pretty your house looks, it's still going to crumble around your ears if you've not got the proper foundations or it's not properly maintained.

Maybe Brewster has learned, maybe it will be different going forward, but as I said, it's going to take more than a couple of wins and scraping survival this season to convince me.

I'll get off the manager's back when I see a string of decent results. It was a string of bad results that finally turned me against the management team and made me display this avatar.

I'm not talking about a string of wins, just some points and good, coherent performances like yesterday's that get us off the foot of the table.

I'll get off the manager's back when I see a string of decent results. It was a string of bad results that finally turned me against the management team and made me display this avatar.

I'm not talking about a string of wins, just some points and good, coherent performances like yesterday's that get us off the foot of the table.

Can't say fairer than that.

Do they think holding a meeting with a few dozen people gives them the authority to issue deadlines to the club demanding statements?

not as such no, but the fact they have up to 10% of the ICT shares certainly does.

EVERYONE on here IS behind ICT, and I am greatful for the fact the supporters trust has acted on behalf of over 80% of the fan base to get answers from the club that need to be answered.

It doesn't matter if 60 people turned up for the meeting or 6000. The point is, the trust held the meeting to come up with a legitimate statement for the club to answer, and for the fans to finally be heard because quite clearly, especially since brewsters re-arrival, the club seem to think they can survive without their customers.

If they were basing their legitimacy on their shareholding, why arrange a meeting via press release? Where do you get the figure of them acting on behalf of 80% of the fanbase from? They were acting on behalf of their members and those who attended that meeting.

Members are fans so therefore putting the viewpoint forward from the fans. There was nowhere in the statement from the supporters trust that said they demand brewster be sacked - the statement came from discusions between those in attendence to get a fair and justified balance of opinion for the club to answer their questions.

The 80% of which I refer to comes from any voting poll for the fans opinions of craig brewster.

Yes, it's time for a change .........

But NOT a change of Management, a change of attitude amongst certain elements of the support.

Let's put the mistakes of DJS and his comrades behind us before any lasting damage is done.

We are NOT Rangers, we are ICT. We should not feel aggrieved when we lose games, whether it is single games or a run of games. We should not believe that a driving instructor with little knowledge of the game has the right to dictate terms to the Board or Manager.

With the SPL setup we need to work within our resources and whilst we do we will continue to struggle. Some seasons we will perhaps scrape into the top six, other seasons we may get involved in a relegation scrap. Can we please just enjoy the ride and hope we stay up as long as possible. The fact that we have a good chance of surviving our fifth consecutive season in the SPL is remarkable. Can we stop getting suicidal when we lose a few games, can we stop having totally unrealistic expectations?

Sure, most football fans would love to run their clubs and feel they may be tactically better than the Team Manager - but please accept, you're probably NOT.

During seasons, like this one, where we are involved in a bit of a scrap ICT needs its support. It needs the belief and commitment of the support. It does not need so called supporters running to the Board and giving the media an opportunity to relish the thought of our relegation.

The support was good today. It contributed to a tricky cup win. We need this backing as much as possible. You don't need to be watching Manchester United to enjoy your football. A dedicated Stirling Albion supporter can have an equally good match day.

As for Brewster ...........................

We all have our own ideas on the best team selection, tactics and substitutions - but remember Brew sees a lot more than we do throughout the week and has more information to make his choices on. We are never all going to agree with him - that's life.

He HAS made good signings. All three new recruits on show today look to have excellent potential - so well done Brew, a while before the window closes and you are already delivering your promise.

So, come on. 2009. A new year, with new hope. Let's all get back to supporting the club we love. Let's get behind the players and Manager, and let's start enjoying ourselves.

Feck me - Stand aside Mike Smith - we have a replacement. :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

This is the kind of stuff that ostracises the fan base - truly pathetic - but so so manipulative in the "splitting" sense. A sure sign that our Board are nervous peeple. ;)

Never said he had bought anyone and not necessarily having a go because we are signing players either.

Although, had we not allowed certain players to leave so easily or pushed them out the door in some cases then we wouldn't have such widespread need to be signing so many players now.

I am of the opinion that Brewster created the problem, and simply throwing money at it (as seems to be the boards plan to get us out of trouble) is not the whole solution. This is now his 3rd transfer window since returning and on the last two occasions new faces coming in have only given a short term boost and the overall direction of the team has been downward.

This indicates to me that there's far more to the problem than the players and if we have to go through a major overhaul every time there's a transfer window in order to dig us out of the mire then we''ll have the administrators knocking on the door in the not too distant....or equally as bad, we won't be able to buy ourselves out of trouble and end up plummeting down the leagues.

So yeah, on first sight the players signed this week seem to be up to doing a job, but for how long? and why have others who have come in in the past and looked like being up to the job dropped so far off the pace? why have players who have been here for longer suddenly dropped off the pace? They haven't all become bad players over night.

I see nothing to suggest the signings made so far are anything other than a band aid. A band aid that might see us through this season, but not one that goes anywhere towards shoring up the underlying issues. It matters not a jot how pretty your house looks, it's still going to crumble around your ears if you've not got the proper foundations or it's not properly maintained.

Maybe Brewster has learned, maybe it will be different going forward, but as I said, it's going to take more than a couple of wins and scraping survival this season to convince me.

There has been other questionable tactical decisions but I think the root of all Brew's (and our) problems have been since we lost 20 goals, in Dargo, and the 3rd best defensive record in the SPL, in Dods & Brown!

The first transfer window he had a day (? week at the most) to improve the squad and with the purchases he made, in this short period of time, he managed to get us into a more than respectable position in the league.

The last transfer window he was waiting to see what was going to happen with Niculae before he could make any signings. I agree though, this is where Brewster went wrong by not making a dominant centre half his priority

We have been the shadow of our former selves since Dods left, we have consistently leeked goals and as soon as the team start losing confidence in the defence it gives a negative effect on the rest of the players. I think because Brew was rushed into signing a centre half (McGuire) he has been paying for it ever since. McGuire was never a permanet solution to the problem and isn't half the player/leader Dods was for us but because he was bought half way through last season Brew obviously thought he deserved the start of this season to prove he could be the player Dods was.... and he definitely hasn't been!

As good a signing as Morais could be I am more encouraged now we have a big lad at the back and hope he can make himself a permanent fixture in the starting line up and we might start to get back the defensive record that got us the highest postion in the SPL to date.

Now we just need to find a replacement for Dargo... any ideas?

Edited by Harry Chibber

He only had a day or so in January ???

We now know that Niculae was well away before the Euros and they all knew it - why did he chuck Wyness and Bayne ? - PERSONAL reasons ?

Hairy - He stuck with his defence and paid the cost - Dods should have been replaced straight away.

Morais is the Dargo - we need a Brewster / Rirchie clone.

We now know that Niculae was well away before the Euros and they all knew it - why did he chuck Wyness and Bayne ? - PERSONAL reasons ?

Hairy - He stuck with his defence and paid the cost - Dods should have been replaced straight away.

Morais is the Dargo - we need a Brewster / Rirchie clone.

can't argue with any of that (wait for it) apart from Morais being the new Dargo. Morais isn't an out and out striker from what I've seen of him previously and I would still like to see a real investment (about ?100k - ?200k) on a decent centre forward

I still think Barrowman could be a good player for us but we need someone with a bit more attitude to lead the line

oh and Wyness & Bayne haven't proved anything at their new clubs to make me think that freeing up their wages wasn't a good thing

Edited by Harry Chibber

No - I meant that it is evident that Brew looks to Morais as being the new Dargo - I still think we really need an out and out centre forward.

Wyness - I could understand but not the way it happened. Bayne - would have gone anyway as he hated Brew and vice versa - but he should have been kept - better in the short term than the other three.

Brew thought he had it made - it was his error of judgement.

No - I meant that it is evident that Brew looks to Morais as being the new Dargo - I still think we really need an out and out centre forward.

Wyness - I could understand but not the way it happened. Bayne - would have gone anyway as he hated Brew and vice versa - but he should have been kept - better in the short term than the other three.

Plus he shuddered in the January 2008 window - remeber the possibles that came along - He fecked it up.

There has been other questionable tactical decisions but I think the root of all Brew's (and our) problems have been since we lost 20 goals, in Dargo, and the 3rd best defensive record in the SPL, in Dods & Brown!

The first transfer window he had a day (? week at the most) to improve the squad and with the purchases he made, in this short period of time, he managed to get us into a more than respectable position in the league.

The last transfer window he was waiting to see what was going to happen with Niculae before he could make any signings. I agree though, this is where Brewster went wrong by not making a dominant centre half his priority

We have been the shadow of our former selves since Dods left, we have consistently leeked goals and as soon as the team start losing confidence in the defence it gives a negative effect on the rest of the players. I think because Brew was rushed into signing a centre half (McGuire) he has been paying for it ever since. McGuire was never a permanet solution to the problem and isn't half the player/leader Dods was for us but because he was bought half way through last season Brew obviously thought he deserved the start of this season to prove he could be the player Dods was.... and he definitely hasn't been!

As good a signing as Morais could be I am more encouraged now we have a big lad at the back and hope he can make himself a permanent fixture in the starting line up and we might start to get back the defensive record that got us the highest postion in the SPL to date.

Good post Harry, pretty much sums up my thoughts. We previously played a cuople of blinders in getting Dargo and Dods in for nothing in the transfer market. Repeating that would be a big task for any manager.

Good sensible post Harry.

I still maintain that if Brew would just give Adam Rooney a decent run in the team then we'd reap the rewards

Plus he shuddered in the January 2008 window - remeber the possibles that came along - He fecked it up.

IHE, Sorry but your statement below is NONSENSE

Bayne - would have gone anyway as he hated Brew and vice versa.

Also, I meant that it is evident that Brew looks to Morais as being the new Dargo

Sorry wrong again, Dargo would be the answer to that!!

As for Brewster ...........................

He HAS made good signings. All three new recruits on show today look to have excellent potential - so well done Brew, a while before the window closes and you are already delivering your promise.

:rotflmao: