FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BREWSTER SACKED

DALNEIGHCALEY

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brewster was not up to the job, then clearly the Board and the DoF are even less fit for purpose. How can you let the manager sign new players who have come to the club on the basis of Brewster being the manager, then fire that said manager 2/3rds of the way through the transfer window with the new players been here for only 2 games, one of which was a win?

If they were sacking Brewster it should have been at the start of the window or at least before he signed players. To do it now after he's signed players this smacks of a lot desperation and an even larger doze of incompetence (and not on the managers part this time).

Och stop gerning & just be glad somethings been done at last !

Guest little62

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol:

The last time I felt this happy with the club, we won the first division!

well you got your wish so lets see how long before you start slagging off the next manager after 2/3 weeks. Puching above your weight last 4 seasons not much of a home support /travelling so lets see where this decision takes you continuing downward (probably)

A very long winded thread already but i thought i'd add my own comment...

YOU F***IN BEAUTY

*Runs round house screaming with sheer delight, waving hands in the air like an excitable kid at christmas*

The best thing to happen at Caley Stadium since 26th September........ YAHOOOOOOO!!!

:rotflmao: :018: ;) :lol: :015:

The last time I felt this happy with the club, we won the first division!

well you got your wish so lets see how long before you start slagging off the next manager after 2/3 weeks. Puching above your weight last 4 seasons not much of a home support /travelling so lets see where this decision takes you continuing downward (probably)

Hi Craig :thumb04:

Just glad this saga has come to an end and now we can start looking towards the future. It has been the worst season to be an ICT supporter imo but now i think things slowly have a chance of getting better. Time for somone new to come in.

SMEE - That can't be brewster... the sentence lasts longer than 5 words and doesn't contain any 'Ers', 'Erms' or 'der's!!! :thumb04: :rotflmao:

The fans understand that we have 4 tough games coming up, but I seriously think we will shine from now until season close.

Only down side is, if robbo takes over, he'll not be joining the full Highland March... lol

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

And I broke the news here :rotflmao:

A little bit late though Dalneigh! I don't often post but about October time I posted words to the effect that "if ICT are bottom of the league in December then Craig Brewster would no longer be manager with effect from January".

And I broke the news here :rotflmao:

A little bit late though Dalneigh! I don't often post but about October time I posted words to the effect that "if ICT are bottom of the league in December then Craig Brewster would no longer be manager with effect from January".

Sorry DAM I didn't realise he was sacked in December , I thought it was this morning !

Hurray at long last! Im thinking it might be a case of too little too late. Hope not though.

Grassa will only be in place time new man is found. Is CC not employed in some capacity at the club. Why not get him to take temp charge till new man found. Or at least in the mix.

I'd be happy to take Robbo back for the time being. See how he does till summer perhaps.

I can only presume the board trusted him to make the Januray signings, and apart from Barrowman (who could come good) and Proctor re-signing his eye for a player is not bad. The players he's signed in January look ok. Perhaps after Saturday his position was deemed unatainable. He would never win the fans over now.

But lets look onwards and hopefully upwards.

Great news. The bloke nearly let his ego destroy our club, and fair play to the board for at last having the balls to punt him (even if took much longer than it should've).

A new man now has a few weeks to try and get HIS team sorted out, and this'll hopefully give us the boost in confidence that's so obviously needed. I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about the rest of the season now than I was at 5pm on Saturday afternoon.

It wasnt exactly a whim this whole "brewster out" thing, we have never been in this position before as a club (facing relegation) and it didn't look like it was going to change with him in charge, sometimes thats just the way things go in football. What i personally dont want is for us to go down the same road again with Robbo, yes he was succesfull here but i am totally against going for an ex manager regardless of their reason for leaving.

Was thinking exactly the same thing! We need someone different with fresh ideas.

SMEE - That can't be brewster... the sentence lasts longer than 5 words and doesn't contain any 'Ers', 'Erms' or 'der's!!! :rotflmao: :thumb04:

The fans understand that we have 4 tough games coming up, but I seriously think we will shine from now until season close.

Only down side is, if robbo takes over, he'll not be joining the full Highland March... lol

why would we want to take another backward step and bring Robbo back; the board today corrected a mistake. lets hope they dont make another one so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Robbo had his time and did well but just like CB is part of our history now.

I will predict the next year as an ICT fan...

We will employ a manager (possibly Robbo) he avoids relegation (hurrah), about September one or 2 of the posters on here will suggest he's not taking the club anywhere, this group will then grow to be disgruntled with the new man incharge and start to ask that we replace him, the group then grows into a mob and about January you all get to design some new catchy avators and then he'll get the sack or leave under the pressure

or better yet, he does well for half a season and is snapped up by another club

Considering that this is the first time in 15 years that the club's fans have called for this type of action in significant numbers, I respectfully disagree with you.

What we need now is for every fan to get back behind the club, and each other, and support whoever the new manager is so that we avoid relegation .....

Incidentally - Grassa has the best record of all our caretaker managers and I would be happy for him to add to his unbeaten record in the next game or two (P2 W0 D2 L0) ..... if we have to.

There is now more than a glimmer of hope that we can avoid relegation. Assuming he sees out the season bet we see a much more motivated player in Ian Black from now on.

I can't however understand the timing, why let Brewster spend our transfer window budget on bringing in new players on what will be fairly hefty wages and then sack him a week later ? Surely the time to act was a fortnight ago when the new man would have had much more scope and time to bring in the players he thought would improve the team.

There is now more than a glimmer of hope that we can avoid relegation. Assuming he sees out the season bet we see a much more motivated player in Ian Black from now on.

I can't however understand the timing, why let Brewster spend our transfer window budget on bringing in new players on what will be fairly hefty wages and then sack him a week later ? Surely the time to act was a fortnight ago when the new man would have had much more scope and time to bring in the players he thought would improve the team.

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding these signings... Particularly Pavels and Morais... they could still play a major part in getting us off the bottom rung...