FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where were you?

Yngwie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was online, bordering on feeling suicidal by the lame offering of the new single from my hero's U2, after a 5 yr wait. Was really dissapointed, so thought ad tune in to CTO......only to see the thread stating brew was sacked. I must say tho....i do feel bad for him, but am also relieved that after 18 months of relative torture for me, is now over

I was online, bordering on feeling suicidal by the lame offering of the new single from my hero's U2, after a 5 yr wait. Was really dissapointed, so thought ad tune in to CTO......only to see the thread stating brew was sacked. I must say tho....i do feel bad for him, but am also relieved that after 18 months of relative torture for me, is now over

No where exciting I was just at home logged on and seen the thread that he had been sacked but thought it was a wind up to begin with.

p.s. Smee listened to U2 single a few times think it will grow on you

Elvis Costello's PUMP IT UP rip off - like others though it gets better with a few listens but wouldn't say it is a classic....

Elvis Costello's PUMP IT UP rip off - like others though it gets better with a few listens but wouldn't say it is a classic....

God no, Elevation was a good tune to re-announce yourselves with: this is poor, another Zooropa flirtation of the kind Clayton claimed everyone but Bono hated because they just didn't get it. Duran Duran meets Garbage and Iron Maiden - help!

Ahem, anyway, sitting at work wondering how to organise a decent network of programmers in the north, speculating gloomily on the Downadup boom and wondering whether putting in a summer holiday request was just an act of hopeless optimism - then came the text at 12.25, confirmed by a look at the BBC site, and a wee ray of sunshine pierced the gathering clouds. We might all be living hand-to-mouth come August, but there's a chance, at least, now, that we might still be following a team in the SPL.

No where exciting I was just at home logged on and seen the thread that he had been sacked but thought it was a wind up to begin with.

p.s. Smee listened to U2 single a few times think it will grow on you

I was having a late breakfast/early lunch and wondering when I was going to get a call to go to work when I got a text. Scrambled to the computer and saw nothing of it....had that "too good to be true" thought and decided to wait before getting excited and went back to my coffee. Then got another text, came online and it was official and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted.

P.S. Still waiting on that call to go to work :rotflmao:

I was having sex with my partner with Radio Scotland on in the background....

When the announcement was made I let out such an ecstatic yell, my partner thought something wonderful must have happened...

In a funny kind of a way something wonderful had happened... :rotflmao:

I was tracking the Borg leader as he made a sharp exit from Inverness and headed North to their base in Brora where he gathered the collective in order to plan their next attack.

Interestingly enough, not all the collective were to join him and the second in command retreated South with resignation in mind. The question is....was he contemplating resignation from the Borg board or his other duties???

Edited by Locutus

I am another who was at work at the time I heard. I think delivery had just come in and i sent the boss to sort it out.

I then felt the urgeto run to every football supporter in the airport terminal to express my sheer delight...

thinking back - i should have used the airport tannoy. :rotflmao: :thumb04: