FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What! No Andy Murray Thread?

Mee

The boy's doing good. He can rip Federer a new one in three sets, it's got to the stage it's almost embarrassing to watch now! He's beaten everyone, his fitness is amazing and he's up for it.

Cmon Andy you can do it!!! :rotflmao:

db1d19169ec9cc8a26edff1qa7.jpg

thanks to Clydey on MTF for the pic!

Edited by themann4thejob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we've got an Andy Murray thread now - thanks Mee!!

I hope 2009 will be Andy's year. There's no one he need fear on the circuit now... :rotflmao:

His second round is on BBC2 this morning - starts around 9.30am

Edited by Johnboy

Flipping Serbs and Croats! Thats the second day they've been fighting, here's a report from the first day, when Serbs started jeering Croats at Ancic's match and went looking for trouble at Delic's match afterwards. Must be hard fighting in flipflops!

And they still keep voting for each other in Eurovision!!!

But you can imagine 40 degree heat, relentless sun, and alcohol might lead to trouble. Remember Denmark? :rotflmao:

Andy's R3 match is on Hisense Arena tomorrow at 8.30am. Melzer will give him a harder go than any of his other opponents which is great as he needs a few hard matches before ripping Federer to bits in the final. I'm getting up for 3am ish for my other fave and I expect to be quite drunk by the time the footie kicks off in the afternoon :thumb04:

Edited by Mee

What next, fechtin on the way to the tennis.

See the wifie get knocked out about ten seconds in.........shocker

KO

:thumb04: :018: ;) :rotflmao:

Tennis gets interesting, at last.

Tennis gets interesting, at last.

That is interesting as all the tennis fans are complaining that footie fans are invading their sport... :rotflmao:

Hehe I did not realise that people were limited to following one sport. Typical snobbery from the tennis community. Mind you I did see a Celtic top in the background.

I really should take an interest in tennis as two of my cousins were considered quite good at one stage, training as juniors in the same club as Murray, one of them is still in the game as a coach but I find it tedious to watch with only cricket and maybe bowls worse.

Tennis can be completely enthralling or pretty boring depending on who's playing and what their form's like. But if you find it as boring or cricket or bowls (which are deathly) then wtf are you doing on this thread?

Murray v Melzer on now, just started.

This will be no walk over for Andy Pandy, Melzer is a tough opponent.

7-5 first set for Murray, tough set though.

I would expect Melzer to blow out after three sets

7-5 6-0 Murray, Melzer has blown up.

Edited by themann4thejob
update

Heard on the local radio station that if you look around you can get 16/1 for Murrey winning Wimbledon 2009, but the suggestion was made that if he wins the Austrailian then these odds will shorten rapidly. 16/1 sounds a good bet to me with the form hes showing of late.

good luck to the lad.

Heard on the local radio station that if you look around you can get 16/1 for Murrey winning Wimbledon 2009, but the suggestion was made that if he wins the Austrailian then these odds will shorten rapidly. 16/1 sounds a good bet to me with the form hes showing of late.

good luck to the lad.

Good tip... thanks!!

Tennis can be completely enthralling or pretty boring depending on who's playing and what their form's like. But if you find it as boring or cricket or bowls (which are deathly) then wtf are you doing on this thread?

I hate the old firm but I still use their forums :rotflmao:

Pretty strong display, I'm just a wee bit worried that no one has really pushed him yet. Maybe there just isn't anyone to push him to his limits though! I've a sneaky feeling that Gilles Simon, if he gets past Monfils, will take out Nadal but even he's never been able to push Murray and he seems to be the other form player at the moment.

Interesting times!

And yes, he's deadly on a hard court at the moment, grass is an entirely different affair though. Maybe check his odds for the US Open instead :018:

I hate the old firm but I still use their forums :rotflmao:

Bet it goes down a treat when you post that you hate them or find them boring :thumb04:

Mee this is a discussion forum, a place where people of all opinions gather to discuss mainly football, but due to the Anything goes section, all sorts of topics. If you did not want opinions which are contrary to yours on the thread why not call it "lets all blow some sunshine up Andy Murry's erse"?

Your only opinion seems to be that tennis bores you. So now you've whined about that, why not go and find something that interests you to discuss? As I'm not seeing much discussion from you here.

And remember - only boring people get bored :rotflmao:

No, you wanted to build up your part by telling us you had all these wonderful connections to tennis and yet you still found it boring. If you think that's having a discussion I would direct you to the dictionary. While you're there you might look up namedropping too. If you actually have anything to say, then say it rather than getting your knickers in a twist. :rotflmao:

edit - Birdog deleted his post in case you all think I've lost the plot and I'm talking to myself!

Edited by Mee

I find that the male tennis game has reached the stage where it is not so much skill which wins the match but more power and stamina. You rarely see a good rally in the game any more and Andy Murray has improved his game due to all the physical training he has put in recently you can see from the picture you posted that he has put on a lot of muscle tone and obviously this has helped in his strength making his game more boring than it was before since it is all about hitting the ball as fast and as hard as possible making him more boring to watch than he was last season.

The womens game however is a different matter for more reasons than one.

See that wasn't so hard was it? :thumb04:

But you're wrong in as much as Murray (and Simon) are part of a trend towards creative defensive tennis which neutralises the power players advantage. I would be very surprised if Roddick for instance ever won a tourney again as his game is purely based on power, and just look at how Andy demolished him in Doha a few weeks ago. Nadal's game is based around power and both Murray and Simon have beaten him the last time they played. Murray's managed to beef up a bit but Simon would disappear if he turned sideways and his 2nd serve would be classed as poor even by WTA standards! And in the course of beating him, these matches have produced some fantastic 30 odd shot rallies where the tactician rather than the bodybuilder has won in the end. Maybe you should watch more tennis! :rotflmao:

See that wasn't so hard was it? :thumb04:

But you're wrong in as much as Murray (and Simon) are part of a trend towards creative defensive tennis which neutralises the power players advantage. I would be very surprised if Roddick for instance ever won a tourney again as his game is purely based on power, and just look at how Andy demolished him in Doha a few weeks ago. Nadal's game is based around power and both Murray and Simon have beaten him the last time they played. Murray's managed to beef up a bit but Simon would disappear if he turned sideways and his 2nd serve would be classed as poor even by WTA standards! And in the course of beating him, these matches have produced some fantastic 30 odd shot rallies where the tactician rather than the bodybuilder has won in the end. Maybe you should watch more tennis! :rotflmao:

Maybe I just wont bother, maybe I should just not comment on how boring something is when obviously others find it intriguing. I still think that a wee bit of violence by eejits outside the courts livens up a game which IMO is dour. Consider me told off and I will leave your thread in peace now. :018: