FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Spelling/grammar Errors

MrsICTFC

I have noticed it on here people take it upon themselves to make sarcastic remarks at grammar/spelling mistakes.

If someone can not spell etc why not help rather than acting like a big man! Really not impressive.

Edited by MrsICTFC

I have noticed it on here people take it upon themselves to make sarcastic remarks at grammar/spelling mistakes.

Should that not read "about" grammar and spelling mistakes?

If you think so then yes.

I you think so[insert comma], then yes [insert p1ssed off Smiley face].

(only joking)

Edited by starchief

Should that not read "about" grammar and spelling mistakes?

If you think so then yes.

I you think so[insert comma], then yes [insert p1ssed off Smiley face].

(only joking)

Haha! :rotflmao:

Obviously I am on my own with this one!

wot I likee abart badd speeelllnig is thet itt consentraites the mind a lott. Make the youngsters also consintrattte tu whiche musttt be gud fer there studddies I em shoore.

Oh and Ceske or sum one ---KNOW is nottt speelttee >no"--tha'ts nott rite so itt isnae. :rotflmao:

Wear people are finding that there spelling is in correctly dune just click on the spell cheek fore the rite words'

It'll never work properly......

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

It's rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

It's letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

Usage Note: The idiomatic phrase cannot but has sometimes been criticized as a double negative, perhaps because it has been confused with can but. The but of cannot but, however, means "except," as it does in phrases such as no one but, while the but of can but has the sense only, as it does in the sentence We had but a single bullet left. Both cannot but and can but are established as standard expressions. ? The construction cannot help is used with a present participle to roughly the same effect as cannot but in a sentence such as We cannot help admiring his courage. This construction usually implies that a person is unable to affect an outcome normally under his or her control. Thus, saying We could not help laughing at such a remark would imply that one could not suppress one's laughter. ? The construction cannot help but probably arose as a blend of cannot help and cannot but; it has the meaning of the first and the syntax of the second: We cannot help but admire his courage. The construction has sometimes been criticized as a redundancy, but it has been around for more than a century and appears in the writing of many distinguished authors. ? The expression cannot (or can't) seem to has occasionally been criticized as illogical, and so it is. Brian can't seem to get angry does not mean "Brian is incapable of appearing to get angry," as its syntax would seem to dictate; rather, it means "Brian appears to be unable to get angry." But the idiom serves a useful purpose, since the syntax of English does not allow a logical equivalent like Brian seems to cannot get angry; and the cannot seem to construction is so widely used that it would be pedantic to object to it.

Usage Note: The idiomatic phrase cannot but has sometimes been criticized as a double negative, perhaps because it has been confused with can but. The but of cannot but, however, means "except," as it does in phrases such as no one but, while the but of can but has the sense only, as it does in the sentence We had but a single bullet left. Both cannot but and can but are established as standard expressions. ? The construction cannot help is used with a present participle to roughly the same effect as cannot but in a sentence such as We cannot help admiring his courage. This construction usually implies that a person is unable to affect an outcome normally under his or her control. Thus, saying We could not help laughing at such a remark would imply that one could not suppress one's laughter. ? The construction cannot help but probably arose as a blend of cannot help and cannot but; it has the meaning of the first and the syntax of the second: We cannot help but admire his courage. The construction has sometimes been criticized as a redundancy, but it has been around for more than a century and appears in the writing of many distinguished authors. ? The expression cannot (or can't) seem to has occasionally been criticized as illogical, and so it is. Brian can't seem to get angry does not mean "Brian is incapable of appearing to get angry," as its syntax would seem to dictate; rather, it means "Brian appears to be unable to get angry." But the idiom serves a useful purpose, since the syntax of English does not allow a logical equivalent like Brian seems to cannot get angry; and the cannot seem to construction is so widely used that it would be pedantic to object to it.

Totally agree.. :rotflmao:

Even though I cannot understand it.. :thumb04: