FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher Criticism

I think butcher needs to change his tatics a little, he definitely needs to recall vigurs, need some ball players back in the team. morais need him back in as well...come on butcher don't do a brew. get out better players playing again.

They've been sacked several times, IHE hasn't.

Aye, but IHE's been thrown out of matches for misbehaviour on the odd occasion. :rotflmao:

Edited by A96

:lol::rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Thought that post may bring out the erseholes - sad to see Charlie B joining the sensitive Prlcks !!! Suppose it shows that we are all getting very nervy.

I was actually being very serious from my personal perspective - some (who have joined in the debate and not concentrated on slagging me - again) have agreed with me to a degree, made some good points and it is all about personal perspectives - that is what a feckin fan forum is about.

I believe in Butcher and I think that he will keep us up - He has inherited a team which isnt his fer fecks sake - he is learning as it goes on - I would love to challenge him face to face _ I am sure that he would probably give a rationale.

But he does appear to be making mistakes tactically - that is why I ask if he has local knowledge / direction. We are now going into survival mode - we cannot afford to take on passengers.

I would have hoped that he has susse out the squad by now and stopped his nonsense of if you play well you also play the next game - that may have been needed initially but it now has to go - as he is beginning to do.

I want to survive - I want Butcher to stay and build - but he aint a Messiah - we all make feckin mistakes. I aint telling him how or who to play - I am voicing my opinion.

And the total feckin erseholes who suggest that it is anti management are just sad feckers. Well except the feckin Muppets who dropped us in it and only succumbed cos the Fabulous Twenty and the Supporters Trust ousted them. :015:

Maybe it's because Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas know a hell of a lot more about running a fotoball team than you do Johndo.

Perhaps....

You surely cannot dispute this IHE comment all the same :

The two saviours are beginning to make a few mystifying decisions and I am concerned as we are in the biggest scrap of our existence and they are making - what I consider to be - errors of judgement.

Well - the converted are having a few doubts. Fer fecks sake the guy is only human but I suspect that he learns quickly - he has done a brilliant job so far and he has taken us and the useless muppets from the brink of disaster. But he now has to move forward with an inherited squad when it is not all about impressing the boss and riding along on the wave of relief to hoof Brewster and the new broom sweeping clean - He now has to prove it on the park. I just think that he has been getting dodgy local advice and shurely he has seen through that and shurely he has to jettison the initial motivating ploy of players keeping their places through average performances and play his best eleven every week even if they do have a dip. He must know who they are.

Well at least IHE puts his stall out front and does make the effort to comment on the team's performance both individually and collectively whereas some of his detractors never pass an opinion on the team at all so let's hear from them with their opinions........ hat would be fairer and more constructive than running down IHE in a fit of pique.

My opinion ? ....well , I always start off an opinionated opinion with "well".

Secondly, Butcher does have to work with what he has but increasingly it seems that Brew may not have solely been the fault in the deterioration of the first half of the season.I have consistently said that the players job is to keep their quite highly paid mouths closed and to follow the boss's instructions plus trying to be as constructive and co-operative as possible which , from all reports, was not always the case in the past under Brew. I think Terry is more outspoken and voluble than Brew who admittedly was not the most communicative and personable of people.

But, without the co-operation and the other assists needed from the players as described above even he will need all his experience and skills to keep this team in a cohesive unit formation and avoid the drop.

The defeat (5-0) by Rangers may be written off as definitely a bad headache day but the Falkirk result cannot be viewed as anything but a very serious and awful defeat. Another downer like that and ICT will be facing relegation for sure. Frankly speaking Tery Butcher and Maurice Malpas have their work cut out now to get this team to be winneres aand the next few weeks will be very interesting indeed.

Hope I don't upset Charles with these few obtuse comments.....?

Yes I am afraid that there are some posters on here who are more intent on making personal comments and insults rather than engage in serious discourse. They of course are the erseholes who probably are the more tactically inept and cannot string together sentences that make any sense in footballing terms. :thumb04:

Even the venerable Mr B. has degenerated to their level. Feck me he will be on Talk Sport soon as the Sneckie version of Mike Parry.

Yes SP - I always back up comments with a rationale - even if it is explaining why the likes of absent mided and dead wood fit the criteria fer erseholes.

I actually dont put Butcher in the ersehole category as I have been impressed up to now - I am simply stating that his task is just about to get more difficult and he now has to prove his footballing attributes rather than his undoubted personal strengths - and he has to do it with a squad undoubtedly not of his own choice. I am also advocating that he has to review his tactical plans as well.

Good Luck Tel Boy :rotflmao:

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

the first criticism surely has to be lionel at left back. i'd rather risk playin a centre-half at left back instead of lionel, maybe jamie duff.

and id like to imrie back at left mid, hes just not a striker. plus if lionel was to play, imrie to do a decent job covering for him.

the first criticism surely has to be lionel at left back. i'd rather risk playin a centre-half at left back instead of lionel, maybe jamie duff.

and id like to imrie back at left mid, hes just not a striker. plus if lionel was to play, imrie to do a decent job covering for him.

You also now have joined the ranks of knowing a players ability better than our International assistant manager, ex England captain, ex Rangers captain, professional TV pundit, ICT manager and of course his assistant manager.

Now I don't know if Hastings, at this time, is better than Lionel and without Mystic Megs ball I don't know how players will perform in the future but I do think our well qualified management team are in a better position to judge!

For the record, I feel that Duff should be introduced sooner rather than later as, I think, he will accept responsibility as he did when he came on late in the OF game and strolled through the remainder of the match.

No way Jose! Remember Duff's appalling at right back against Dundee United, when he replaced Tokely with Proctor at centre-back? He's not a full back at all, though a fairly decent centre-half.

The fact is that all football fans question their managers tactics from time to time, I have heard Man U fans question Fergies tactics at times, does it mean they want rid off him of course not. Football is for the supporters and why cant they have an opinion regarding their teams tactics. And any manager regardless of experience etc will admit from time to time that they got the tactics wrong, it only makes them a bad manager if they continue to make the same mistakes

The fact is that all football fans question their managers tactics from time to time, I have heard Man U fans question Fergies tactics at times, does it mean they want rid off him of course not. Football is for the supporters and why cant they have an opinion regarding their teams tactics. And any manager regardless of experience etc will admit from time to time that they got the tactics wrong, it only makes them a bad manager if they continue to make the same mistakes

Hi S1

I have never, at any time, differed with anyone on this forum re tactics - I could have, with my apprenticeship in football management, time served, on the terracing at the jags park! This, I would submit, is the level of tactical understanding the ex Caley fans aspire to.

However, I do differ with some comments on here and get a reaction, when I point out the obvious.

Attacking a player, via a chrystal ball, is nonsense. Stating that players are afraid to pass the ball to a fellow player/ are covering for a fellow player, is absolute tosh!

The manager standing on the line, sober, having coached the players all week cannot see this?? Don't be daft!

He would have the problem player off the park in two seconds flat and replaced.

Our tactics on Saturday - we went for it when we lost the goal(s) and left gaps at the back. Is this a fault? If we had managed to get a point it was a good exercise, we lost another two goals because of this, so what, it was worth a try but it did make the defence look iffy!

Bad management? Don't think so! Bad fans reaction? Maybe!

Hi S1

I have never, at any time, differed with anyone on this forum re tactics - I could have, with my apprenticeship in football management, time served, on the terracing at the jags park! This, I would submit, is the level of tactical understanding the ex Caley fans aspire to.

However, I do differ with some comments on here and get a reaction, when I point out the obvious.

Attacking a player, via a chrystal ball, is nonsense. Stating that players are afraid to pass the ball to a fellow player/ are covering for a fellow player, is absolute tosh!

The manager standing on the line, sober, having coached the players all week cannot see this?? Don't be daft!

He would have the problem player off the park in two seconds flat and replaced.

Our tactics on Saturday - we went for it when we lost the goal(s) and left gaps at the back. Is this a fault? If we had managed to get a point it was a good exercise, we lost another two goals because of this, so what, it was worth a try but it did make the defence look iffy!

Bad management? Don't think so! Bad fans reaction? Maybe!

Absent.

I am not sure where you are coming from, I certainly wasnt having a go at the manager all I was saying is that football is a game of opinions and fans have always had a go at tactics from time to time and will continue to do so. After Saturdays performance I think it is only to be expected that there would be some reaction, does saturdays performance make Butcher a bad manager, of course not, did he get it wrong on saturday perhaps, will he get it right again next week, I am sure he will

• 2 weeks later...