FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Aberdeen -v- Ict

Scotty

Why the feck do we persist with Imrie up front? In fact, why do we persist woth Imrie?? His touch, crossing, ability to take a man on.....are all fecking woeful. He hasn't even had a sniff of a goal since he got pushed up front.

Thought Morais was pretty good as it goes. At least he has a go, albeit wastefully at times.

Disagree about Kerr. Thought he played well, and seemed to be the only player trying to get the ball down and pass it around. We missed Blackie when he went off, was he injured?

Disappointing day overall. Good first half, ***** second. Oh well, it'll soon be forgotten if we get the three points next week.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pity about the final score, but the big game is next week.

Against a hamilton team who have major injury problems and haven't scored in 6 games. We have been good at home, i fancy a win and that is all we need. Aberdeen is always going to be mission near-impossible for us, same as it is for the hibees coming up to sneck. TB knows that this game was not the one we needed to win, it would have been a bonus more than anything else.

Bottom six opposition from now on, this is where the season begins. Lets hope it ends well.

Decent battling first half with little sign of a goal but Aberdeen were very nervous and there for the taking.

Started the second half really well and pinned them back for 10 mins but after that we were never in the game.

I'm sure we will stay up though, this was an away game at a team who are supposed to be after 3rd place. It's up to TB to get us a bit of creativity in midfield before the new season starts - don't fancy watching that sort of tripe every week.

p.s. Give me Duncan over Kerr any day of the week. Kerr's passing is actually no better and Russell gets through twice the work.

The game was decent, first half we dominated and had Morais not been so selfish we'd of had a goal but nevermind. Aberdeen outplayed us the second half. The only positive from the second half was that the defence was very good, Esson was out of place for the goal but other than that he had a really good game.

I loved Zadi's Clearance! Thought Esson was looking shaky in goals struggled when against Lee Miller for crossed balls. Imrie was ineffective and felt it was a poor second half but at least in the first half we put on a decent showing.

The important game is on Saturday though which a victory would go a long way to ensuring safety anyone know who Falkirk are playing?

I thought Esson did well, he had no chance with the goal, how the feck Mcdonald jumped over the 2 defenders to head it high over the keeper i'll never know... oh it was Granty, that explains it.

Grant Munro is in last chance saloon, unless he sorts himself out we are in trouble, how many times did he chase Miller to a long ball only to be beaten to the ball and get left in the middle of nowhere? he then gets beat to the cross that they scored with.

Imrie was the proverbial headless chicken, with again his final ball a waste of time. Mr Butcher he is NOT a forward.

Morais looked good when the ball was at his feet, he aslo did fairly well holding the ball up with some nice touches, anyway it just means we need to beat Hamilton next week, No ugly football please, just play them off the park and score 4 goals.

Disappointing because I thought Aberdeen were there for the taking. Our final ball was poor.

I thought Morais did well until he ran out of steam. Proctor and Kerr were dire.

I think Vigurs needs to be re-introduced for a bit of quality. He has not had a look in since the change of manager.

At least Falkirk got beat so it was not a disaster.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Proctor and Kerr ran out of steam qutie early on in the match (start of 2nd half). Only wish Terry put Vigurs on and freshed the midfield up abit

Reasonable first half display but we did absolutely nothing in the second half. Munro, Duncan and Barrowman all made sure that we did nothing constructive at all.

I'm a bit bored of seeing Imrie running his *rse off, because when he does reach the ball he can't do anything with it. He can't cross, he can't finish, he can't run with the ball... He only occasionally appears to be able to take a free-kick. He's not even got his mind on the team - he's dreaming of playing for the ugly sisters! Get him tae f*ck I say!

How exactly does our captain keep getting a game? Is it simply just that he is the captain? It must be because if any other player had distribution like that, surely they'd be dropped for an extended period of time. Oh no wait - Duncan ruins that argument... As does Djebi-Zadi. Are we trying to be relegated FFS?! :rotflmao:

IF (and that's a massive if) we stay up, we need a sub-keeper, a centre back, a left back, a centre midfielder, a proper left winger, a proper right winger, and two strikers capable of actually putting the f'in ball in the f'in net.

[/RANT]

Edited by Jay_7

RiG you can not be serious about kerr toady...he had an awful game, he is the most static lazy player I have ever seen in an ICT strip. This was also the opinion of several people I was talking to that were also at the game. I don't see what people see in this guy at the moment, he does no work whatsoever, poor balckie was flying all over the place doing a job of two. Kerr doesn't close down, he doesn't track back, he doesn't support the strikers and he is the slowest player ever, when he does get to the ball he has no time to do anything with it. Now it's a shame as I've seen in the past that he is a good passer of the ball but he is just way of the pace at the moment and it looks down to pure laziness. I made a point of counting how many passes he made today after feeling the same about him last week...4 of his passes that he meant went to and ict player...that is shocking for a centre midfielder.

I am deadly serious about Kerr. Towards the end he seemed to be the only midfielder trying to link defence with the forwards.

The hospitality at TCS is absolutely superb.... the food, served up with as much alcohol as you can drink, is top quality.

I'd no idea half-time Scotch pies could taste so good... real meat in them - totally unlike these ghastly things they serve up to the plebs....

The only downside of the hospitality was that you were compelled to sit in the best seats in the main stand and endure the sight of 22 grown men trying to kick the stuffing out a football - and occasionally each other too...

"Ugly" would be a polite way of describing it.

:rotflmao:

Edited by Johnboy

Aberdeen were poor and we had the perfect opportunity to take at least a point but in the second half we were absolutely shocking and in the end deserved to walk away with nothing.

No need to panic though, Two more wins ought to see us safe starting next week against a Hamilton side who are on the sort of run we were on in the dying days of the Brewster regime.

I can handle losing to the "bigger teams" in the SPL. I thinnk its now pretty much par for the course to be drawing wi the Dons....only to lose a goal in rthe closing minutes. Its what i expect.

What I wont accept tho....is losing next saturday. We should be putting the likes of Hamilton to the sword at home....something we have failed to do this season with any regularity

RiG you can not be serious about kerr toady...he had an awful game, he is the most static lazy player I have ever seen in an ICT strip. This was also the opinion of several people I was talking to that were also at the game. I don't see what people see in this guy at the moment, he does no work whatsoever, poor balckie was flying all over the place doing a job of two. Kerr doesn't close down, he doesn't track back, he doesn't support the strikers and he is the slowest player ever, when he does get to the ball he has no time to do anything with it. Now it's a shame as I've seen in the past that he is a good passer of the ball but he is just way of the pace at the moment and it looks down to pure laziness. I made a point of counting how many passes he made today after feeling the same about him last week...4 of his passes that he meant went to and ict player...that is shocking for a centre midfielder.

I am deadly serious about Kerr. Towards the end he seemed to be the only midfielder trying to link defence with the forwards.

from reading the posts on this it seems people felt kerr had a horrid game as well. Does the four passes and low work rate not worry you? I'd have Duncan, Mcbain and especially vigurs all ahead of kerr at the moment, all have a much higher work rate and get involved in the game far more.

*yawn*

Another game to add to the list of dull Aberdeen / ICT "derbies" settled by the odd goal in Aberdeens favour. Thought we had a lot of the ball in the first half but struggled to create anything really clear cut. Morais and Imrie were wasteful with the ball at their feet all too often picking the wrong option. Aberdeen had a decent chance when Millers header was palmed away by Esson.

In the second half we were very poor. Continuously picked the wrong pass at the crucial moment and were much more sloppy in defence allowing Aberdeen to come into the game more and more and eventually they got their goal. No idea what happened as I was looking at my phone but looked up in time to see Esson stand as the ball looped over his head. Rather muted celebrations by the Aberdeen fans showed how little there was to get excited in what was a very poor game.

From an ICT point of view, Morais and Imrie didn't seem to click up front, Djebi Zadi had some last gasp tackles that saved a goal, Esson seemed somewhat shaky and Munro and McMajiks seemed a bit off colour also. Thought Kerr had a good game again for us in the middle of the park. I was worried about Well and HIbs fans talking of his lack of bite but he seems to be showing plenty of enthusiasm for us. At the end of the day it was just one to forget really.

So CaleyP are you a manager??? No doubt it. Terry and MM have seen Kerr play more times than you have and i think they no more what kind of player he is. Kerr may have played bad the day but i dont see you saying anything else about the other 10 players we had on :rotflmao:

No not a manager, I did play at professional level though and have a good understanding of the game, his work rate just isn't good enough. I thought the whole team were bad but everyone else at least put in the work rate. I don't care how many time butcher has seen kerr play that doesn't change the fact he was horrible on sat. read the posts im not the only one that thinks that.

Edited by CaleyP

No idea why McBain isn't getting a game, i feel he is a good player with the ball at his feet and one who can create something from midfield. Butcher seems to want more aggression than skill at the moment, can't blame him, but i'd like to see the royster get his chance.

Still can't see vigurs playing again this season, maybe for the best, save the youngsters for next season.

Duncan is a good fighter but when we are on top he tends to fade away. I'd like to see him play after the split.

Imrie should maybe take up the extra midfield role, if he switched back to a sort of attacking midfielder then we could play barrowman, perhaps even rooney or wood up front instead. I still like the idea of little guy large guy up front, morais being the midget.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Ross Tokely was ripped apart by Aluko today, he'd have been my man of the match

I think everyone new that Tokely was going to have a really hard time on keeping track on Aluko

Guest Muir-Jaggie

*yawn*

Another game to add to the list of dull Aberdeen / ICT "derbies" settled by the odd goal in Aberdeens favour. Thought we had a lot of the ball in the first half but struggled to create anything really clear cut. Morais and Imrie were wasteful with the ball at their feet all too often picking the wrong option. Aberdeen had a decent chance when Millers header was palmed away by Esson.

In the second half we were very poor. Continuously picked the wrong pass at the crucial moment and were much more sloppy in defence allowing Aberdeen to come into the game more and more and eventually they got their goal. No idea what happened as I was looking at my phone but looked up in time to see Esson stand as the ball looped over his head. Rather muted celebrations by the Aberdeen fans showed how little there was to get excited in what was a very poor game.

From an ICT point of view, Morais and Imrie didn't seem to click up front, Djebi Zadi had some last gasp tackles that saved a goal, Esson seemed somewhat shaky and Munro and McMajiks seemed a bit off colour also. Thought Kerr had a good game again for us in the middle of the park. I was worried about Well and HIbs fans talking of his lack of bite but he seems to be showing plenty of enthusiasm for us. At the end of the day it was just one to forget really.

So CaleyP are you a manager??? No doubt it. Terry and MM have seen Kerr play more times than you have and i think they no more what kind of player he is. Kerr may have played bad the day but i dont see you saying anything else about the other 10 players we had on :thumb04:

No not a manager, I did play at professional level though and have a good understanding of the game, his work rate just isn't good enough. I thought the whole team were bad but everyone else at least put in the work rate. I don't care how many time butcher has seen kerr play that doesn't change the fact he was horrible on sat. read the posts im not the only one that thinks that.

Horrible on saturday :rotflmao: not all players play there best at everygame and thats just one game. Just look at the Falkirk game that was a fecking joke. None of them put in a work rate

Guest Muir-Jaggie

404 - Page Not Found

This might be because you typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling ensuring that it does not contain capital letters or spaces.

It is possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Please click the back button to try another link.

Anyone else having this problem???

(just watched the Rangers Motherwell highlights, Boyds first goal & then Suttons :rotflmao:

Edited by Muir-Jaggie