FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Aberdeen -v- Ict

Scotty

Looks like Away games are proving to be a downfall for results again.

lets be real about this ... Its Aberdeen, a perpetual top six team, at their home ground in a very tight game .... no panic in losing this one ... a draw or win would have been nice, but it would have been a bonus !!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets be real about this ... Its Aberdeen, a perpetual top six team, at their home ground in a very tight game .... no panic in losing this one ... a draw or win would have been nice, but it would have been a bonus !!!

Totally agree that a win or draw would have been a bonus but it sounds like the second half performance was a shocker and that is a worry

That's the problem with the style of football we are playing just now, it's all well and good 'winning ugly' but when you don't you are just left with ugly! Hopefully we can survive this season, get rid of the deadwood and play some good football for a change

Barrowman poor? I don't believe it. Roll on the summer.............

Problem is who will pay him the same wages that we are, will probably see out his contract

Oh dear. Killie oerleap us, but I hope smirren dont. No ground gained for Falkirk must be the biggest boon to be gathered from today.

Totally agree that a win or draw would have been a bonus but it sounds like the second half performance was a shocker and that is a worry

Thats the angle i was coming from Scotty, not that it was specifically Aberdeen but that we haven't scored in our last 2 away games, haven't looked like scoring and our opponents have outplayed us. That is a cause for concern for me.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Terry and MM were both defenders surely they would tell our defenders how to defende. Falkirk game SHOCKIN and Aberdeen game in the 2nd half SHOCKIN.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Terry and MM were both defenders surely they would tell our defenders how to defende. Falkirk game SHOCKIN and Aberdeen game in the 2nd half SHOCKIN.

Terry and MM can only work with what the have got.

But surely they can tell our defenders to do the right things??? Terry and MM were both great defenders back in there day. Can they no pass on there knowledge to our defenders :rotflmao:

But surely they can tell our defenders to do the right things??? Terry and MM were both great defenders back in there day. Can they no pass on there knowledge to our defenders :rotflmao:

By the same token if Alan Shearer had been appointed manager would we expect him to turn Barrowman into a striker that would score 30 SPL goals a season. I am sure they do work on defending on the training ground but while they can organise the defence and improve players over time the fact is a few of them just dont have the required ability

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I am sure they do work on defending on the training ground but while they can organise the defence and improve players over time the fact is a few of them just dont have the required ability

aka Munro and Lionel

*yawn*

Another game to add to the list of dull Aberdeen / ICT "derbies" settled by the odd goal in Aberdeens favour. Thought we had a lot of the ball in the first half but struggled to create anything really clear cut. Morais and Imrie were wasteful with the ball at their feet all too often picking the wrong option. Aberdeen had a decent chance when Millers header was palmed away by Esson.

In the second half we were very poor. Continuously picked the wrong pass at the crucial moment and were much more sloppy in defence allowing Aberdeen to come into the game more and more and eventually they got their goal. No idea what happened as I was looking at my phone but looked up in time to see Esson stand as the ball looped over his head. Rather muted celebrations by the Aberdeen fans showed how little there was to get excited in what was a very poor game.

From an ICT point of view, Morais and Imrie didn't seem to click up front, Djebi Zadi had some last gasp tackles that saved a goal, Esson seemed somewhat shaky and Munro and McMajiks seemed a bit off colour also. Thought Kerr had a good game again for us in the middle of the park. I was worried about Well and HIbs fans talking of his lack of bite but he seems to be showing plenty of enthusiasm for us. At the end of the day it was just one to forget really.

Edited by RiG

What a nightmare this season has been , i just want it to be over & for us to finish 11th

Our home form's been no bad lately so lets hope it continues next weekend

Killie, Midden & Falkirk all have top 6 teams next week battling for 3rd place.

Hamilton are on a bad run & we're due points off them

Onwards & (Hopefully) upwards !

Guest Muir-Jaggie

What a nightmare this season has been , i just want it to be over & for us to finish 11th

11th :rotflmao: ????

Well i'm sure most of us would rather take that than go down !

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Well i'm sure most of us would rather take that than go down !

I would rather 10th or higher than 11th or 12th

*yawn*

Another game to add to the list of dull Aberdeen / ICT "derbies" settled by the odd goal in Aberdeens favour. Thought we had a lot of the ball in the first half but struggled to create anything really clear cut. Morais and Imrie were wasteful with the ball at their feet all too often picking the wrong option. Aberdeen had a decent chance when Millers header was palmed away by Esson.

In the second half we were very poor. Continuously picked the wrong pass at the crucial moment and were much more sloppy in defence allowing Aberdeen to come into the game more and more and eventually they got their goal. No idea what happened as I was looking at my phone but looked up in time to see Esson stand as the ball looped over his head. Rather muted celebrations by the Aberdeen fans showed how little there was to get excited in what was a very poor game.

From an ICT point of view, Morais and Imrie didn't seem to click up front, Djebi Zadi had some last gasp tackles that saved a goal, Esson seemed somewhat shaky and Munro and McMajiks seemed a bit off colour also. Thought Kerr had a good game again for us in the middle of the park. I was worried about Well and HIbs fans talking of his lack of bite but he seems to be showing plenty of enthusiasm for us. At the end of the day it was just one to forget really.

RiG you can not be serious about kerr toady...he had an awful game, he is the most static lazy player I have ever seen in an ICT strip. This was also the opinion of several people I was talking to that were also at the game. I don't see what people see in this guy at the moment, he does no work whatsoever, poor balckie was flying all over the place doing a job of two. Kerr doesn't close down, he doesn't track back, he doesn't support the strikers and he is the slowest player ever, when he does get to the ball he has no time to do anything with it. Now it's a shame as I've seen in the past that he is a good passer of the ball but he is just way of the pace at the moment and it looks down to pure laziness. I made a point of counting how many passes he made today after feeling the same about him last week...4 of his passes that he meant went to and ict player...that is shocking for a centre midfielder.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

*yawn*

RiG you can not be serious about kerr toady...he had an awful game, he is the most static lazy player I have ever seen in an ICT strip. This was also the opinion of several people I was talking to that were also at the game. I don't see what people see in this guy at the moment, he does no work whatsoever, poor balckie was flying all over the place doing a job of two. Kerr doesn't close down, he doesn't track back, he doesn't support the strikers and he is the slowest player ever, when he does get to the ball he has no time to do anything with it. Now it's a shame as I've seen in the past that he is a good passer of the ball but he is just way of the pace at the moment and it looks down to pure laziness. I made a point of counting how many passes he made today after feeling the same about him last week...4 of his passes that he meant went to and ict player...that is shocking for a centre midfielder.

So CaleyP are you a manager??? No doubt it. Terry and MM have seen Kerr play more times than you have and i think they no more what kind of player he is. Kerr may have played bad the day but i dont see you saying anything else about the other 10 players we had on :rotflmao: