FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Ict -v- Hamilton

Scotty

roscoe played very well at the centre :018:

might have just found our best back 4

Proctor----Tokely-----Pavels----Deji-zadi

on another note

REF WAS A JOKE , :thumb04:

& HAMILTON WERE DIVING CHEATS!!! :rotflmao: ;)

HAMILTON PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN :lol:

Edited by Alex MacLeod

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anybody see just before Hamilton got their free kick for a dive at the other end Imrie was completley taken out after he had released the ball and the ref going to blow for the foul then seeing Hamilton were actually atacking and just let play on then they get the foul and score. Plus the lines man on the main stand side watched several fouls and handballs and dives and never once lifted his flag other than to give an offside against us.

Pathetic there must be something put in place in Scottish football where bad refereing performances like that get looked at and the officials either put down a league or fined for incompetece

That is well true.

It was like Hamilton could do what ever they wanted and get way with it.

Ain't the lines man supposed to be a assistant Ref??

We were doing legal tackles and getting penalized.

Utter utter garbage by us, in fact in the first half we were outplayed by Accies and they deserved to be one up. They scored from a free kick off the training ground, missing out the shot and the cross ball, but playing it wide on the deck and a simple rifle into the bottom of the net found us wanting. Morais should have equalised but had all home supporters crushing their brains as he lofted an easy chance over the bar.

Well. Butcher must have said something in the dressing room. He kept them in for ages, in fact, we wondered if he was going to let them out to play in the second half. The paint must have been dripping off the walls for we saw a different ICT in the second half. Not fantastic, but at least we were trying to attack. Now, I can't help thinking that Terry must shoulder the blame for the first half performance, because we were superior to Accies in the second half and deservedly equalised, albeit a slightly deflected shot from Kerr, which eluded the outstretched Cerny. Still, our second half endeavour merited this but despite Accies persistent time wasting and the added five or six minutes we could not force a winner.

Overall.........a very disappointing first half which saw us give Accies the upper hand, but an improved second half which gave us little comfort, considering the garbage which went before it although we deserved the point.

I believe we will hear Terry come out with the usual fantastic PR we know he has in his repertoire, but to be honest Terry, what the fans want to see on the park is a bit of flair and some goals and some passion, otherwise, we might as well be watching a Brewster selected team and tactical implosion.

The worst game ive seen since Brewster left. We were absolute crap in the first half. A bit better in the second. The hamilton goal was very clever. It was also probably the worst refereed game i have ever seen. He was shocking. Some of his decisions were ludicrous. Hamilton are a bunch of cheats who spend more time on the ground than they do on their feet. Their time wasting was also blatant. It really did p**s me off. I remeber the beginning of the season when Craig Levein commented on Hamiltons style of time wasting and cheating but nobody listened. It would seem he was right.

It was a fabulous day down at the TC Stadium this afternoon. It was a joyful experience to sit there in the Jock MacDonald Stand - sheltered from the wind and with the sun blazing down on us. The only thing that spoiled it was some stupid football match taking place in front of me.

I can accept a long ball game when we are struggling in the relegation zone and it gets us three points - but not when it so predictable - we thump it downfield - they head it/thump it back (repeat x 150 times) and we don't get the three points. Hamilton were ruthless and were desperate to win at any price (cheating and time wasting in particular). Our only real talent up front (Morais) seemed to be double-marked wherever he went. I believe Foran is a good player - but certainly not on today's record. Imrie missed an easy header and doesn't look a goal threat. Djebi Zadi is a powerful player who can tackle - promises much but delivers precious little (stray pass after stray pass - although he is far from being the only culprit at ICT). Black was, as usual, a ray of light in the team. He will be a real miss next season.

Lucky to get a point today. We didn't deserve anything. There is a desperation in ICT's play with 11 players playing as individuals rather than as a team. Still, in TB's short reign, he has amassed almost the same points total as Brewster did in almost 6 months (15 points v 17 points). So there is room for some optimism.

Edited by A96

He probably thought McCarthy was the biggest threat, so Duncan was there to nullify him.

I remember quite a few of us (including myself) calling for Tokely to be put at centre-back after Dods left. I remember him playing there when we were in, ooh, was it the Second Division? Not sure. But always looked as though that would be a natural position.

He probably thought McCarthy was the biggest threat, so Duncan was there to nullify him.

I remember quite a few of us (including myself) calling for Tokely to be put at centre-back after Dods left. I remember him playing there when we were in, ooh, was it the Second Division? Not sure. But always looked as though that would be a natural position.

Yeh I've always tought that Tokely played centre half and was delighted to hear he had a good game there... I think it certainly makes sense playing Tokely in the centre & Proctor at full back instead of the other way round. I couldn't make the game but listening to CC on the radio he suggested that we missed Tokely's galloping runs down the right side though???

Edited by Harry Chibber

I think the ref was terrible BUT we should come to expect that week in week out. I could count the number of times on 1 hand this season where the ref was at best ok. The standard of refereeing is shocking in Scotland, but the thing that annoys me most in the total lack of consistency. Right at the end I think it was Barrowman or Imrie fouled right in front of the linesman, Hamilton throw. 5 Seconds later kerr comes in blocks the ball Hamilton free kick. That is the sort of thing that annoys fans and some referee and linesman seem to ENJOY doing that kind of thing. If that was an old firm game yesterday this referee would be torn apart in the press. But its only ICT v Hamilton who cares!

Deserved a point as we created the best chances, Hamilton are terrible and have been terrible the 3 times i've seen them. Who remembers there time wasting down there!!! No wonder 2 sides are open at there stadium as they wouldn't be able to reach the supermarket with there punts out of the park otherwise. Hamilton and manager of the year Billy Reid will be bottom or 2nd bottom at end of season.

not the best game to watch in the slightest!!

it is usually us the other team that gets fired into us when we are winning, so i suppose it was good to see caley doing the pushing the last 10 minutes. we should be doing that all through the game. bad goal to lose though - very clever from hamilton. will need to see the replays.

good day for me though. my girlfriend took me up for hospitality for my birthday which is tomorrow. got a cake presented to me by Dougie Imrie and stuff. great day and great meal and drinks! well worth it if anyone thinking of it.

dont get me started on the ref though. i gave up on him after every single decision he had to make went Hamiltons way. absolte c*ck!! and hamilton? utter cheats. the keeper wasted as much timeas he could, and eventually the ref had to tell him off for this near the end - the bugger then took longer! JOKE! could see big Tel raging, especially at the fourth official. surprised he didnt mention this at the end!

aw well,ill take a point anyway! caley are unbeaten every time i have seen them this year! might be onto something here ha! :rotflmao:

it is usually us the other team that gets fired into us when we are winning, so i suppose it was good to see caley doing the pushing the last 10 minutes. we should be doing that all through the game. bad goal to lose though - very clever from hamilton. will need to see the replays.

good day for me though. my girlfriend took me up for hospitality for my birthday which is tomorrow. got a cake presented to me by Dougie Imrie and stuff. great day and great meal and drinks! well worth it if anyone thinking of it.

dont get me started on the ref though. i gave up on him after every single decision he had to make went Hamiltons way. absolte c*ck!! and hamilton? utter cheats. the keeper wasted as much timeas he could, and eventually the ref had to tell him off for this near the end - the bugger then took longer! JOKE! could see big Tel raging, especially at the fourth official. surprised he didnt mention this at the end!

aw well,ill take a point anyway! caley are unbeaten every time i have seen them this year! might be onto something here ha! :rotflmao:

I hope you've booked your train tickets for all 5 remaining games...

aw well,ill take a point anyway! caley are unbeaten every time i have seen them this year! might be onto something here ha! :thumb04:

I hope you've booked your train tickets for all 5 remaining games...

Ill happily drive mate :rotflmao:

The split has worked out perfect for me. i play in a band that plays most friday-saturday, and i can make every single one...its great that the falkirk game is 12.30 kick off and the likes. love it!! come on Caley!!

Extremely poor first half we picked up where we left off at Pittodrie. We got a late equaliser and that was a bonus i didnt really think hamilton created much more than we did.

Hamilton what are they on their timewasting was a disgrace i hope it is them that go down it is a joke how early they play for time even before they scored.

I am a referee and i would have to say it is impossible to be that bad he was a disgrace i have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Then refs wonder why they get a bad reputation wll it is all explained in his performance absolutely terrible.

I always notice it is managers having bad spells that ridicule referees - but he really was terrible. Craig Levein, Yogi - everyone of them have a point when you a guy like we did on the pitch! terrible!

looking at that, Morais really should have had that. looks worse than what it did on the day!

While I understand football is nothing without opinions, some of the nonsense expressed here beggars belief.

For starters, those expecting to see 90 minutes of free flowing football when we are fighting to avoid relegation are on a different planet. The aim now is to get as many points as possible by whatever means possible (hopefully with the off bit of good football thrown in here and there). Instead of moaning about the football being played, get behind the team to try and ensure we stay up. The time to judge Butcher is next season but some people are already sharpening the knives which is ridiculous. Don't people also realise the pressure on the players as well which does have an impact on how the games are being played.

I am not stupid and will be the first to say that Butcher made a bad mistake with his team selection yesterday and he must learn from that but at least he has got the fighting spirit back as there is no way we would have achieved the same results under Brewster.

Finally, yesterday we had to play not only Hamilton but the ref as well. That was the worst display of blatant time wasting by any team I have ever seen and was exactly what they did earlier in the season up here when they won as well. Billy Reid should not be allowed near that manager of the year trophy for his cynical cheating tactics. Had this happened in a game against the Old Firm, this would have been big news but as it was us, who cares in the national media. Hamilton players were going down so easily when challenged that I thought the Black Watch had left a team of snipers after their last visit.

Enough comment has been made about the referee as well but he was about to blow for a foul for us before hamilton broke up the park and got a very soft free kick which led to their goal. Why the ref didn't blow, only he knows but that ranks amongst the poorest decisions I have ever seen.

keep the faith fellow fans,we are staying up. It won't be pretty but it will be nerve wracking

Hardest thing for me to take from the game was that the bloo*y opposition scored with a set piece/move from the free kick.

This is something I am always going on about that we should be doing in training. It very nearly got Hamilton 3 points!

Incidently, don't think we even got a free kick around their box?

Hamilton what are they on their timewasting was a disgrace i hope it is them that go down it is a joke how early they play for time even before they scored.

It's 21 days until the final whistle of our next encounter with them, but I believe they have started timewasting already.

Did anybody see just before Hamilton got their free kick for a dive at the other end Imrie was completley taken out after he had released the ball and the ref going to blow for the foul then seeing Hamilton were actually atacking and just let play on then they get the foul and score.

Yep, the ref was going to blow for a foul on Imrie but he couldn't get the whistle in his mouth. Then he awarded them a free kick instead of pulling the game back and giving us the free kick we should've had.

Professional football should refereed by professional refs. That guy's performance was atrocious.

As for Accies, for a team of big guys they were a bunch of fairies, falling and diving all over the place. The must have been told to do that by that midget Davies. Guy behind me shouted that they'd need a fleet of ambulances to get home. F*ds.