Full-Time Report - courtesy of the BBC
Match Stats

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pavels is out injured. Duncan in for him is the only change from last week.

So who plays centre-half?

Proctor? With Kerr wide right?

So much for extensive changes...

Ahh - according to Scott Davie, Tokely is in the middle. Could see Hamilton breaking their duck.

Davie also has Imrie playing wide left with Foran up front, though. Here's hoping...

4-4-2 with Tokely at centre-half, Duncan in right midfield and Foran on the left.

CC was saying that he'd never seen Duncan in right midfield?

When he first came to the club he played (badly) at right-back a few times. Does anyone remember him playing on the right side of midfield? Does anyone remember seeing Rosscoe play centre-half?

You can blame Brewster all you want but how can Butcher justify playing several players in foreign positions for one of the most important games of the season??

Looks as though he has picked that team from a hat

The one thing that annoyed me about Brewster was he tried to be too clever instead of picking players to play in their best positions... Butcher has carried on in the same way

You can blame Brewster all you want but how can Butcher justify playing several players in foreign positions for one of the most important games of the season??

The one thing that annoyed me about Brewster was he tried to be too clever instead of picking players to play in their best positions... Butcher has carried on in the same way

I'm inclined to agree with you. I also can't understand why he hasn't given Vigurs any opportunities at all. From the sounds of the first half commentary, we completely lacked any composed passing in the midfield and we lacked any width. Vigurs can provide both: he's one of the few players we have who is genuinely comfiortable both wide left and in the middle. Why not have him wide left, Imrie wide right and Foran through the middle?

I don't want to be too pessmistic this early, but if we can't turn today's game around then I really fear for us: after the split, Hamilton will be going for the clean sweep against us, Killie will be trying to avoid us inflicting a clean sweep on them and we will be the one team Falkirk will feel confident about beating as they have won their last 2 games against us. We won't even have Hibs there to give us our customary 3 points.

Charlie Christie said he expects Butcher to make changes in personnel at half time, but with no Vigurs and with Odihambo injured, there are not many players there that can make a difference, IMO. No doubt Barrowman will be sent on after an hour, but we still don't seem to be playing the sort of football that he can profit from.

Edited by alternative maryhill

According to CC Proctor's playing centre-half! :rotflmao:

Didn't he say he thought Butcher should switch it so that Tokely goes back to right back and Proctor moves into the centre? Might give us a bit more threat down the right hand side - the only problem is, Proctor had a couple of nightmare games at centre half against Motherwell and Aberdeen earlier in the season.

Would agree with that Harry and what has happened to Vigurs he gave us a bit of spark

Would agree with that Harry and what has happened to Vigurs he gave us a bit of spark

Lazy chunt! Allegedly! a very poor trainer.

On topic of this match, it sounds horrible and looks like dragging us right into it. 2 way battle unless we change something.