FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black For Scotland

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i tuned into the radio at about 70ish minute, i continued to hear that Black is losing alot of posession. Losing possesion very easily although he did win a few good challenges himself.

Was searching online for scotland B games and found this ...

Edited by caleymad

From the Record:

"Burley rang the changes at the interval with Ian Black, Jack Ross and Brian Easton replacing Hammell, Cuthbert and Arfield.

And within two minutes of the restart Inverness playmaker Black helped Scotland break the deadlock with his first touch of the ball.

Black's cross, whipped in from the left flank with pace and purpose, was met perfectly by Webster and while Tuffey did brilliantly to block the initial effort he was left helpless as the Rangers defender crashed home the rebound."

Nothing much in the other papers.

And to think there were folk on here wanting Black out of ICT! Well done Ian. Some of us never doubted your commitment to ICT :rotflmao:

Rig, I did!

I am big enough to state that I got it 100% wrong and the proof has been great for ICT.

I though he could be an unsettling influence in the dressing room.

I don't think that effort over the last few weeks, on his CV, will do him any harm in the future.

Not just calmed down on the park but matured off the field as well, it seems.

I am big enough to state that I got it 100% wrong and the proof has been great for ICT.

Good on you! I was worried that if he calmed down a bit he would lose the bite that made him such a good player for us but he really does seem to have mellowed this year. He still has the odd daft moment but I would argue he is perhaps our most improved player this season. Going by the MotM / PotY polls many other fans on here agree and it looks certain he will be the PotS (according to users of this site anyway).

He will be a mammoth loss to us next year.

I went along to the game, wild wind and rain alot of the ball players struggled to adapt to the conditions especially the cut up and soaking pitch.

I thought Black would struggle with conditions as well but i thought he had a very good half. Good cross for the 1st goal, breaking up attacks, good distribution. Lost possession once or twice but so were majority of players due to pitch.

Nobody really stood out for Scotland future apart from Leigh Griffiths, had heard good reports previously and wasnt disappointed. Only on the pitch 15 mins but had good movement, rapid acceleration, linked up well with team mates. Raw talent at only 18, hopefully can continue to develop at a decent club and am positive he will be a big player for Scotland. Obviously meant a lot for him to score which was also nice to see.

Unfortunately cant see Black staying, late starting contract talks and at that time Black appeared to be very unhappy with the management. Pity that we committed on a risky signing like Barrowman on a 3 year deal but couldn't commit to a player who was continuing to progress, develop and show desire for the club. Ah well, good luck to him in the future here's to the youth of tomorrow filling his boots as the saying goes!

I went along to the game, wild wind and rain alot of the ball players struggled to adapt to the conditions especially the cut up and soaking pitch.

I thought Black would struggle with conditions as well but i thought he had a very good half.

That would have being like summer to him. Thats mainly all we have up here wind and rain :rotflmao:

Pity that we committed on a risky signing like Barrowman on a 3 year deal but couldn't commit to a player who was continuing to progress, develop and show desire for the club.

Can't argue with that....

Kerr and Black are the best central midfield we've had in a long time i think.

I'll admit there were times when i felt he was just too hot headed to sustain a regular place in the team but after watching him this season, simply get the head down and get on with his football and even after he said he was leaving he said he was fully commited to us until the end of the season.

I have to admit i was wrong to think he would never change. We are going to miss him alot. It would be a miracle if he stays but i just don't see it.

I'll admit there were times when i felt he was just too hot headed to sustain a regular place in the team but after watching him this season, simply get the head down and get on with his football and even after he said he was leaving he said he was fully commited to us until the end of the season.

I have to admit i was wrong to think he would never change. We are going to miss him alot. It would be a miracle if he stays but i just don't see it.

There are a few things the club could do to keep him, I believe one is in place at the moment and that is Butcher, Blackie likes him as a person as well as respecting him as a manager. The second would go a long way, get Butcher signed as manager long term, they will need to match Hearts wages (dont know what he has been offered), Butcher has made it clear he wants him but until he knows they are safe and what money will be available to him, what can he do. As said previously he loves Inverness, likes the people, so as usual all down to the Board of ICT.

There are a few things the club could do to keep him, I believe one is in place at the moment and that is Butcher, Blackie likes him as a person as well as respecting him as a manager. The second would go a long way, get Butcher signed as manager long term, they will need to match Hearts wages (dont know what he has been offered), Butcher has made it clear he wants him but until he knows they are safe and what money will be available to him, what can he do. As said previously he loves Inverness, likes the people, so as usual all down to the Board of ICT.

This sounds brilliant, and seein as i know you know your stuff Gillian, i am going to say i belive ya!

Id love the thought of Butcher long term. It obviously was a problem Black had with Brewster, but i cant see many of the players disrespecting a manager like Butcher. Its obvious any club in the relegation zone just now cant make hefty decisions or renew contracts.

Another thing that springs to mind though - if Hearts dont make third, dont get the money for europe, surely Romanov isnt going to bring too many new people in? what if they dont have the money for new players and its all off with Black?

I really hope that we keep Black but I can't see it happening as if the club were to match the wages that Hearts have offered which I believe to be more than 2k a week then that is going to open the flood gates for players both present and new asking for wages in the same region so im not sure how it could work? I assume you know or are related to Ian so you probably know far more than me but that's how I look at it.

This sounds brilliant, and seein as i know you know your stuff Gillian, i am going to say i belive ya!

Id love the thought of Butcher long term. It obviously was a problem Black had with Brewster, but i cant see many of the players disrespecting a manager like Butcher. Its obvious any club in the relegation zone just now cant make hefty decisions or renew contracts.

Another thing that springs to mind though - if Hearts dont make third, dont get the money for europe, surely Romanov isnt going to bring too many new people in? what if they dont have the money for new players and its all off with Black?

If that was the case, then we could be in with an even better shout, but do we rely on the board we have, to f*** it up again?

We are kind of forgetting that Black has agreed and formally signed a contract to play for another club next season.

He has made it quite clear that he remains fully committed to the cause of keeping us up but at the same time said he remained committed to Hearts for next season and i respect him for that. He could have gone in January easily.

Regardless of where we are next season he has made up his mind. If Butcher had come in a month earlier when he should have then may'be things would have been different for not just Black but Cowie as well but things are the way they are and we just have to accept it.

If Butcher manages to convince him to stay then i think he should be given the freedom of Inverness but i think we have to be realistic here. Blackie will be living a sort of dream. Playing for his boyhood team, earning a wage he deserves and playing Europe. He will earn alot more at Tynecastle no doubt about it.

I doubt Black will stay too but money isn't everything. Would you leave a job you're happy with, in a town your family is settled at, for another offering more money, if the original company then said they'd match your wages (or near enough)?

As I said, I doubt he will stay but you can't buy peace of mind.

Hearts are ripping up peoples contracts in the last week, i can name two, and both were or still are planning on suing....and they still plan to bring more people in?

whos idea from tynecastle was it to sign black? who spotted him?

I spoke to him a few weeks ago and there is no doubt he has total respect for Butcher. Basically without going into specifics I was content from what was said that he would be happy to stay if his wages were doubled. He is content here but ultimately the doubt is the board would have to break their wage structure to keep him here. I'm aware of Niculae and the money he was on but that wasn't coming directly from the board and this is a completely different scenario. The pre contract is not legally binding and can be binned. Us staying up, and Butch staying will dictate what happens with the wee man but if he does go he will have my best wishes as he has played a major factor in us still being alive and kicking. end of....

We are kind of forgetting that Black has agreed and formally signed a contract to play for another club next season.

Black hasn't formally signed anything to do with a contract with Hearts, he is not able to as he is still under contract with ICT. What he has done is said that he will sign a contract for Hearts when his current contract runs out with ICT. However, the pre-contract agreement is not actually legally binding, and he could re-sign for ICT if he wanted to.