FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black For Scotland

I spoke to him a few weeks ago and there is no doubt he has total respect for Butcher. Basically without going into specifics I was content from what was said that he would be happy to stay if his wages were doubled. He is content here but ultimately the doubt is the board would have to break their wage structure to keep him here. I'm aware of Niculae and the money he was on but that wasn't coming directly from the board and this is a completely different scenario. The pre contract is not legally binding and can be binned. Us staying up, and Butch staying will dictate what happens with the wee man but if he does go he will have my best wishes as he has played a major factor in us still being alive and kicking. end of....

The board managed to find the money to sign Barrowman on a deal which, by all accounts, is very similar to what Niculae was getting.....know where I would rather see funds spent!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are kind of forgetting that Black has agreed and formally signed a contract to play for another club next season.

Black hasn't formally signed anything to do with a contract with Hearts, he is not able to as he is still under contract with ICT. What he has done is said that he will sign a contract for Hearts when his current contract runs out with ICT. However, the pre-contract agreement is not actually legally binding, and he could re-sign for ICT if he wanted to.

"Ian Black today SIGNED a pre-contract agreement to join Heart of Midlothian Football Club at the end of this season."

Headline from the official site of Hearts at the time and he could have signed for whoever he wanted when he only has less than 6 months remaining on his ICT deal.

Edited by ajsict92

Meanwhile, Butcher has refused to rule out an 11th hour plea to keep Ian Black in Inverness - but only if and when SPL safety is assured.

Black has signed a precontract agreement to join Hearts in the summer but Butcher reckons nothing is written in stone.

Despite the midfielder insisting his future is at Tynecastle, Butcher said: "It's a fact that either the club or player can break pre-contract agreements.

"We've not really sat down with Ian and had a chat about it.

"That conversation will most likely be held later on, towards the end of the season, if and when we get our selves in to a safe position."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21191965/

I was told that Iain has been offered ?3000 a week at Hearts. He would stay for around ?2500 but the club couldn't commit to that before Butcher came along.

Is a pre-contract not an agreement that, if you leave your present club you will give us first option and not talk to others. I think you can change your mind and stay with your existing club. Not certain of that though.

If it is not legally-binding then why is it referred-to as "a contract" ?

Look up the definition of a contract --basically it is an offer requiring an acceptance.If it is not in writing then there must be valid witnesses to the agreement validated by some form of attestation( e.g. Notarised); but if in writing the signatories to it must be witnessed by certain specifically designated types--e.g. a Citizen of the realm-- it must be dated and requires the signatures of the offerer and the acceptor and contain the terms offered, or these terms changed to suit either party but with the specific changes initialled by both parties signifying acceptance.

Maybe there is a "get-out" clause in this case allowing either party to be released from the Agreement at will but that would sem to be a rather pointless exercise so it would appear , at first sight, that both parties are legally bound by this typw of agreement . Need to read the Terms though. :rotflmao:

Edited by themann4thejob
sorted smiley

If it is not legally-binding then why is it referred-to as "a contract" ?

Maybe there is a "get-out" clause in this case allowing either party to be released from the Agreement at will but that would sem to be a rather pointless exercise so it would appear , at first sight, that both parties are legally bound by this typw of agreement . Need to read the Terms though. :rotflmao:

The terms on agreements such as these aren't particularly long or drawn out....

There's not all that much space on the back of a fag packet!