FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Murray

SMEE

been watching him this whole Wimbledon. Anyone else notice he doesnt seem to make his opponent work as hard as he should, like roddick did to him today?

For me, all to often, he seems to hit it in the general direction of his opponent when he should be making them run to the other side of the court!

been watching him this whole Wimbledon. Anyone else notice he doesnt seem to make his opponent work as hard as he should, like roddick did to him today?

For me, all to often, he seems to hit it in the general direction of his opponent when he should be making them run to the other side of the court!

Me an wee heilan have been on about this every round. While he has done great , we reckon he could have worn his opponents down earlier playing shots that seemed obvious to us to make his opponent work harder,rather than keep rallies going waiting for an error or chance of a killer shot .Anyway big well done Andy, a grand slams no far away :blink:

You obviously not taking on board my point. He could be making it more difficult for opponents and putting them to the sword on points earlier!

The thing that wins it for Murray is the spin he puts on the ball forcing errors from opponents.

Never seen the last two sets but they must have been pretty close to go to tie breakers. Not a bad thing that he was beat by Roddick. That guy would probably be No 1 just now had it not been for illness a few years ago.

Cant honestly see Federer being beat this year though.

I know as much about tennis as I do about football and I am about to prove it!

I think he, Murray, is not an instinctive player and therefore plays his game well back to allow sighting of the ball and then use his spin. He is only at the net if he has to run in to return a well played drop shot.

His lack of aggressive net play and tonight, his first services being less accurate, allowed his opponent the upper hand, although his opponent played really well.

Always next year - he's a young laddie yet.

Me an wee heilan have been on about this every round. While he has done great , we reckon he could have worn his opponents down earlier playing shots that seemed obvious to us to make his opponent work harder,rather than keep rallies going waiting for an error or chance of a killer shot .Anyway big well done Andy, a grand slams no far away :D

thanx Dee....always comforting to know am not alone in my observations! :blink:

I preferred Henman, a true underdog who lacked power and physique but made up for it with intelligence and guts. He always seemed to play out of his skin at wimbledon and year in year out provided us with entertaining runs into the later stages overcoming the odds. "Come on Tim!"

Murray is an arrogant poser. Even though he's Scottish, it's harder to get behind him IMHO.

We are great at this sort of thing in our Country.

Get to the top level in your sport then get knocked down for being rubbish. Murray has come on leaps and bounds, especially with his attitude, but he is one of the best players in world tennis at the moment and when he adds more consistent attacking play to his repertoire he will winn a grand slam event one day. Fair play to Roddick, he has come good again at the right time.

As an aside, Murray (25) served more aces than Roddick (21). Murray needs to beef up his second serve though, it is there for the taking.

He was referred to as Scottish through most of Wimbledon that I saw.

People need to get over this. He is Scottish and is also British.

This goes back to a thread started few yrs back by Tin Can Fan I think (whatever happened to him by the way?)

I consider myself Scottish but not british! There is no such country as Britain. You dont get French or Germans or Italians calling themselves Mainland Europeans!