FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Ashes

Dmacca

Not a big cricket fan, but interesing to see that the first test match is being played in Cardiff, seems odd England playing test cricket in Wales, is it not time that an England test match was played in Scotland :P

Have Scotland & Wales not got their own international cricket teams?

And on a lighter note what venue would you select for the English cricket team if they were to play in Scotland :lol:

Edited by Dmacca

seems odd England playing test cricket in Wales

It is a bit surprising, but isn't it officially the England and Wales Cricket Board?

In Scotland they should play in a rough scheme in Glasgow. I'd like to see how long it would take them to get their ball back when the first 4 or 6 is hit.

It is a bit surprising, but isn't it officially the England and Wales Cricket Board?

Yes in fact the "England" team is actually the England & Wales team. That's all I know about cricket.

• 2 weeks later...

the Scotland cricket captain Gavin Hamilton facts:

1) is a Hibs fan

2) was a trialist at Arsenal

3) can't tackle me, I'm way too tricky for him

4) gets his round in no problem

that much I know

Thank goodness Gavin's record for Scotland is better than his one and only test for England, when he scored a duck in both innings, and took nought for plenty as a bowler, v South Africa in about 2001.

In Scotland they should play in a rough scheme in Glasgow. I'd like to see how long it would take them to get their ball back when the first 4 or 6 is hit.

Shouldn't be a problem. Scottish players aren't good enough to score a 4 or a 6. :022:

And yes, I believe "England" is actually "England and Wales" which is just about par for the course if I may be permitted to mix my sports.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Yes in fact the "England" team is actually the England & Wales team. That's all I know about cricket.

more than you know about football ren!

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope England wont regret losing that 3 quick wickets after the aussie's collapse but from going from 73-0 to 160 ao and it was just an amazing thing to watch

I think although today was important tomorrow is going to be hugely important if england can bat for the whole day or most of the day and get to around 200/250 that wld lead to them a lead of 280/330 this would be all over and australia would need to bat for 2 whole days which on the current pitch is just impossible

It's bound, as usual, to rain so the game will end in a draw. This, I think, would mean that Australia retained the Ashes but fair dos because did England not win them in 2005 or something also just because it rained?

What kind of game is this where the weather is a bigger determining factor in the outcome than the teams? Why can't they simply extend the game by the amount of time lost to rain?

"The English are not a very spiritual people. So to acquire a concept of eternity.... they invented Cricket."

It's bound, as usual, to rain so the game will end in a draw. This, I think, would mean that Australia retained the Ashes but fair dos because did England not win them in 2005 or something also just because it rained?

What kind of game is this where the weather is a bigger determining factor in the outcome than the teams? Why can't they simply extend the game by the amount of time lost to rain?

"The English are not a very spiritual people. So to acquire a concept of eternity.... they invented Cricket."

It is because in years gone by, when Test Match county cricket was far more prevalent, Cricketers used to play cricket pretty much 7 days a week if selected for county, with ODI's pretty much following TM's.

That was why TM's are limited to 5 days maximum.

england are going to win this, which following precedent means they are all going to get knighthoods, OBEs etc.

This looks likely now :( ! Flintoff will at least be offered the title to a large part of Scotland/Wales/Cornwall and a long weekend with one of the Queens grandaughters!! A place in the House of Lords will follow and a walk on part in the next James Bond film.

God help us if they actually became any good at the game again!!