FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

scotland vs norway line up

dam17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with what Chibber said, i dont think we were doing ok until the sending off either, the Riise chance was a prime example, we were cut open with so much ease that it was frightening. the only chance we had was when the ball fell to Fletcher at the back post after some calamatous defending and he balooned it over.

for me the whole debacle started with the team selection, Alexander over Hartley was a bizzarre choice. Davidson at left back?? when was his last cap!! Why was weir dropped, despite his lack of pace he is still a very clever defender. no McFadden in the team, lunacy if you ask me.

i was truly embarassed watching that, 4-0 going on 10 against a norway side which really only had 4 decent players, that is a disgrace!!

That was embarrassing - left me speechless. However, I have a perverse taste for norgie football, and they have been up for this for weeks. Also helps that they are mid/ late season right now. They also have some really good youngsters coming through as well as the likes of yon fella Carew.

We, on the other hand, have nothing and the only cogent comment GB can make on that is "if it could go wrong, it did" feckin' right it did George. What happened to planning? Did you not consider the fact that we might go behind? Did you not consider that you might get the odd injury, especially this early in the season? Did you not figure somebody could get sent off? Things go wrong, and managers fix them with plan B. You went straight to wheels coming off.

This campaign is gone, but George needs 2 wins or be quietly disposed of in the summer. Personally, I'm going for the latter.

Craig Levein would have been licking his lips last night in the BBC studio watching that. He has to be the next Scotland Manager. Good Manager, good guy and you never hear of players disrespecting him or not liking him.

The BBC coverage was nearly as poor as the Scotland performance. The opening titles were embarrassing, the presenter, Pat Nevin, the commentators and the studio are all just depressing and sum us up really.

Burley lost the plot when he picked Chris Iwelumo over the free scoring Kris Boyd against Norway at home. IMHO if Boyd had played that game we would have won comfortably and currently be odds on to finish second. He also seems to have some kind of vendetta against selecting Rangers players. Boyd, McUlloch (both retired because of his shocking man maagment) and now Weir, Broadfoot and Neil Alexander have been dingied (all of whom would have done a better job than the dross last night).

I am not a Rangers fan, but I'd pick any of the above over average English lower division players.

A truely awful display of managerial incompetance. I dont want to call for Burley to go, but its time him & his whole team including Gordon Smith all walked. How can we have TB (who is an English defesive legend) and Pressley, yet the defence was a shambles with the wrong players selected and less discipline and organisation than when WS or AM were in charge?

Burley may appear Mr Nice in teh press, but why is he alienating so many players? Ok, action had to be taken over Ferguson & MacGregor but GB has to take some responsibility as well. With Gordon out injured we have no choice but to rely on MacGregor, like it or not as a country we are too small to outcast talented players. Another is Boyd, who knows what all really went on there, but if GB really thinks a player getting a hatful of League 1 goals is any better than someone who has Europea experience and scores SPL goals for fun, then we are doomed.

Quite why he persists with Miller is unkown, he is not an out and out scorer or goals and cant hold teh ball up. Why was Alexander played out of position, the same with Fletcher?

Its a mess, no idea who would be a good replacement but someone with club experience in European competition is a minimum. How did Belgium get Advocaat? As a nation our FA must have similar money for wages, why can we not get someone of similar calibre?

A truely awful display of managerial incompetance. I dont want to call for Burley to go, but its time him & his whole team including Gordon Smith all walked. How can we have TB (who is an English defesive legend) and Pressley, yet the defence was a shambles with the wrong players selected and less discipline and organisation than when WS or AM were in charge?

Burley may appear Mr Nice in teh press, but why is he alienating so many players? Ok, action had to be taken over Ferguson & MacGregor but GB has to take some responsibility as well. With Gordon out injured we have no choice but to rely on MacGregor, like it or not as a country we are too small to outcast talented players. Another is Boyd, who knows what all really went on there, but if GB really thinks a player getting a hatful of League 1 goals is any better than someone who has Europea experience and scores SPL goals for fun, then we are doomed.

Quite why he persists with Miller is unkown, he is not an out and out scorer or goals and cant hold teh ball up. Why was Alexander played out of position, the same with Fletcher?

Its a mess, no idea who would be a good replacement but someone with club experience in European competition is a minimum. How did Belgium get Advocaat? As a nation our FA must have similar money for wages, why can we not get someone of similar calibre?

Good first post. It surprises me too how Miller gets in ahead of Boyd. I know he was ploughing a lone furrow, but his first touch was appalling any time he got near the ball. In a bizarre way it made me compare Miller unfavourably with Marius when he played for us, when his (Marius's) first touch was generally sublime.

Came back from Norway on saturday tottally gutted. But once Caldwell got sent off it was a hole in our defence and with Gordon out thats a massive miss. Commons is not scotland standard McFadden should have started.