FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season tickets

Doofer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that a week or two ago, we were very close to the same level if not higher than last season ..... however, I have no idea of the actual quantity !

Guest birdog

:P

I must have been made different then. I could'nt care less how many other people turn up, as long as I am there and see a game.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say. I must admit I am a little curious as to how season ticket sales went due to the impact it has on the team financially but it is not a big issue for me.

Edited after consideration.

Edited by birdog

Season ticket holders numbers are quite intriguing to know this year - shows how many people are going to either forget about us as we are not SPL, get behind us for the bounce back, and how many people are going to be sitting around you in the stand when you go.

To me the interesting figures would be

1. Total number sold - dont know the details but as I said above, it has been suggested that this is healthy

2. Retention Rate - what % of season ticket holders renewed. (Toronto FC for example has something like a 99.5% retention rate)

3. New Holders - how many ST holders this year are new and were not holders last year.

Analysis of #1 isnt that important as far as I am concerned. If it close to last year's figure, that is good. However #2 and #3 tell the real story.

#2 - How many of last year's holders didnt renew? and why? Was it the SPL factor or was it something else about the matchday experience. The club will know these figures and perhaps they might approach people and do the football equivalent of an exit interview to see the points that people raise .... heck it might even bring a few of them back if they had a legitimate gripe that they thought might be attended to.

[note: In Toronto FCs case, the retention rate is thought to be almost 100% because tickets are like gold dust. Its not that TFC give us unbelievable football every week, or that the owners come along and plump up seat cushions or anything like that, its in no small way due to the waiting list for new season tickets. If you give up your season ticket, there is something like a 10,000+ member waiting list and you wouldnt be able to renew it just like that .. so fear of losing access is a big driver .. not my driver, but I have heard many say this]

#3 - Like #2, this is important to know as there can be many reasons for people buying. Was it the lower price? was it because a kid suddenly became of age where they needed one? was it someone returning after not wanting to, or not being able to afford to go to SPL games ..... Again, if they analyse these figures, perhaps it can help shape future season ticket offerings.

I don't know the figures, but I do know that it's a combination of all of the above. I also know that the club are delighted with the support shown by the fans in buying season tickets. I think that they had budgeted for a slight drop in numbers, so to match and probably by now exceed last years numbers is excellent.

The Supporters Trust have increased our number of tickets so that we paid similar money to last year. We can now accomodate 30 children on a match day with 6 adults required to supervise. Ratio of 1 adult to 5 children just for safety. If you do know of any youth organisations, schools or clubs who would like to take advantage of the Trust tickets, just get in touch with any of the board or e-mail DJS at info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk.

CaleyD and I have a meeting at the club this afternoon, so we could ask for some figures to be published.

They just want a rough idea for gringo's pridction league :rolleyes:

Also may i add, if i get a phone call about a job, then i have officially wasted #130 on a season ticket that i wont be able to use :(

i would guess that about 2,750 have been sold

No chance

Well their is actually quite a big chance, there was about 3,000 ish season tickets last year and sales were up from last year about a month ago. Alot of people have re-newed aswell.

Was that confirmed by the club or just talk?