FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i have been thinking about the booing i have been thinking about how ironic the booing really was

I think its fair to say that the majority of the booing came from the north stand and these are the same people that always moaning towards the people in the main stand that there not making enough noise and not getting behind the team but then people themselves in the north stand start booing the team, so obviously you're really getting behind and supporting the team too

We can boo the players if we want, but i think it was more the dodgy reffing. We pay money to watch that P1sh for an hour and a half. Players are payed to play football and they didnt perform well enough. We didnt play well against dunfermline either but we were lucky to score in injury time.

Well theres no point in cheering a ***** ******* performace! If we did then the players might start to belive there was nothing wrong the way they played and then they wont improve! So at times, Booing is getting behind the team.

That might actually be the daftest thing I have ever read on this forum.

We can boo the players if we want, but i think it was more the dodgy reffing. We pay money to watch that P1sh for an hour and a half. Players are payed to play football and they didnt perform well enough. We didnt play well against dunfermline either but we were lucky to score in injury time.

Clearly I saw a different game than you then because I thought we did well against Dunfermline. If you thought we were poor against the Pars I dread to think what you believe a acceptable performance is.

Edited by RiG

I think your the daftest thing on this forum (Bar Renegade)

Brilliant.

So let's get this straight - you actually think booing your team and slating their performance is helping to get behind them?

Edited by RiG

Well theres no point in cheering a ***** ******* performace! If we did then the players might start to belive there was nothing wrong the way they played and then they wont improve! So at times, Booing is getting behind the team.

That might actually be the daftest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Clearly I saw a different game than you then because I thought we did well against Dunfermline. If you thought we were poor against the Pars I dread to think what you believe a acceptable performance is.

Against dunfermline we had hardly any shoots on goal, but dunfermline deserved had a few decent chances they hit the bar. We were lucky to scored really.

Against dunfermline we had hardly any shoots on goal, but dunfermline deserved had a few decent chances they hit the bar. We were lucky to scored really.

Out of the 20 shots Dunfermline had that day only 2 were on target and one hit the post. Despite all their long range strikes hardly any were a problem for Esson. Whilst we didn't have as many shots on goal we actually had more on target than the Pars did. We defended well, reduced the opposition to long range desperation strikes and took our chance when it came our way against one of the pre season favourites for promotion. I'm beginning to wonder just what some fans are expecting from the team each week.

So RiG, you think if we play ***** we should cheer them off the pich so players like Imres egos get bigger?

What truly bizarre logic. I don't believe I have said anything like that. What I am saying is that there are much better ways to get behind your team and support them than booing them. I honestly cannot fathom out why you would want to boo players as a means of "supporting" them. I'll ask again seeing as you seemed to miss it last time out - do you think booing your team and slating their performance is helping to get behind them? Richie Foran clearly didn't seem to think it was helping anyone yesterday, I think that tells you all you need to know.

Edited by RiG

" nearly everyone is middle class now " , do you really believe that ? If you do i can easily take you on a quick tour of Inverness and show you real poverty .

It's a pretty fair statement to me. Compared to when I was growing up anyway, before the concept of buying your own council house was even thought of, and when only about 3% of people went to Uni...... you're confusing class with wealth.

Class is cultural. I've got a family of rich builders living across the road from me but they're still neds. My old man died without a bean but he wasn't scum like some of the people I see with their BMWs and their bling.

BTW I never grew up in Sneck and to an outsider it seems a fairly prosperous wee place. Try visiting Paisley, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Methil, Greenock, Glenrothes....... Alness even.

" nearly everyone is middle class now " , do you really believe that ? If you do i can easily take you on a quick tour of Inverness and show you real poverty .

It's a pretty fair statement to me. Compared to when I was growing up anyway, before the concept of buying your own council house was even thought of, and when only about 3% of people went to Uni...... you're confusing class with wealth.

Class is cultural. I've got a family of rich builders living across the road from me but they're still neds. My old man died without a bean but he wasn't scum like some of the people I see with their BMWs and their bling.

BTW I never grew up in Sneck and to an outsider it seems a fairly prosperous wee place. Try visiting Paisley, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Methil, Greenock, Glenrothes....... Alness even.

You are born Working class. You CANNOT move to middle class. Even with all the money in the world. If you started working class then you had to WORK for your money. So you cannot move out of your class. Sounds stupid, you may not agree. But its true.

Out of the 20 shots Dunfermline had that day only 2 were on target and one hit the post. Despite all their long range strikes hardly any were a problem for Esson. Whilst we didn't have as many shots on goal we actually had more on target than the Pars did. We defended well, reduced the opposition to long range desperation strikes and took our chance when it came our way against one of the pre season favourites for promotion. I'm beginning to wonder just what some fans are expecting from the team each week.

So RiG, you think if we play ***** we should cheer them off the pich so players like Imres egos get bigger?

What truly bizarre logic. I don't believe I have said anything like that. What I am saying is that there are much better ways to get behind your team and support them than booing them. I honestly cannot fathom out why you would want to boo players as a means of "supporting" them. I'll ask again seeing as you seemed to miss it last time out - do you think booing your team and slating their performance is helping to get behind them? Richie Foran clearly didn't seem to think it was helping anyone yesterday, I think that tells you all you need to know.

It might not help them all. But for sure it will help some of them. Diffrent people need diffrent motivation.

So what exactly do you think butcher said to them in the dressing room after the game? All nicey,nicey i doubt it I suspect he got tore right into them, so why cant the paying fan do the same by booing? They are big boys sure they can take it...and hopefully up there game!

Edited by Mick

So what exactly do you think butcher said to them in the dressing room? All nicey,nicey i doubt it I suspect he got tore right into them, so why cant the paying fan do the same by booing? They are big boys, and maybe they took note!

Singing fans and a win didn't seem to do much from the dunfermline game!

Wel said mick, thats what i was trying to say!

So what exactly do you think butcher said to them in the dressing room? All nicey,nicey i doubt it I suspect he got tore right into them, so why cant the paying fan do the same by booing? They are big boys, and maybe they took note!

I don't think RiG is saying he was happy with the performance - he is mainly pointing out how stupid it was that DC is saying he is "getting behind the team" by booing them.

I don't think RiG is saying he was happy with the performance - he is mainly pointing out how stupid it was that DC is saying he is "getting behind the team" by booing them.

That is my point tho! Booing is showing your disappointment with the performance and hopefully they will provide better. As an example, I just got my driveway paved and certain bits were shocking...do I keep quiet because I might hurt the workers feelings or do I telll them im not happy with their work? Why is football any different? Its these boys paid profession yet a few on here dont agree with showing any disappointment in the team wotsoever!

If you never receive negative feedback, how can you improve?

Fans pay their money so should be entitled to voice their opinions!

Edited by Mick

"You are born Working class. You CANNOT move to middle class. Even with all the money in the world. If you started working class then you had to WORK for your money. So you cannot move out of your class. Sounds stupid, you may not agree. But its true." DornochCaley

So middle class people don't work for their money?? You are confusing the middle class with the upper class!!.

Sorry but your concept of middle class is wrong, it's not so much about money, more about job status, attitude and education.

My Father was brought up in a family of 5 in a 2 room and kitchen (council flat) in Glasgow, his dad was a joiner (so at this point he was a working class kid).

He left home at 17 and did 2 university degrees and became a church Minister . He married a teacher who's parents were wealthy professionals and came from a posh area of Glasgow. His brother got a degree and a teaching qualification and became a school dept. headmaster he also married a teacher. So both brothers went from working class to middle class.

** Sorry about going off topic again ! **

Edited by kiltarlity

Im sure TB would have been boooing them too if he wasnt busy going nuts at them too!! I just dont get what the folk on here want, Im guessing what they want is all fans to hug each other and blow smoke up the poorly preforming players, That said now ive had two sleeps since, im going to put it down to, The team still needs to Gel.. Look at Dundee, they are in the same boat and to be honest we were lucky the results from else where...

Go Team!! you guys are the best I've ever seen!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Im guessing what they want is all fans to hug each other and blow smoke up the poorly preforming players"

Sorry George but you can't do that. No smoking is aloud in TCS. :lol: Oops different thread.

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

I'm far from the most optimistic ICT supporter but even I was getting riled by some of the guff the fans were coming out with today. There were folk grumbling after 7 minutes today. You could see it was annoying the players and Foran obviously took it upon himself to gesticulate to the crowd as if to say "Come one get behind us" but that was met with more gurning from those in the North Stand.

Some of it was utterly embarrassing especially the red faced glebe sitting along from me:

"Oh right that's what we should be doing(!)"

"My 9 month old daughter could've scored that!"

"Oh very clever! VERY CLEVER!"

"Why are you passing it back!? The goal's this way!"

SHUT THE F'CK UP AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM!

Aye i had a person sitting very near to me who did nothing but moan critisize & gern today i was nearly going to move seats , i felt like telling her to shut her gob or better still dont bother coming to games if you cant have anything positive to say !!

well feel sorry for me i have a season ticket and the two people behind me never shut up and all they do is blame zadi, munro and foran all game and i feel like moving seats aswell! i also hope they get so annoyed at the players that they never come back (the players are doing fine when they moan at them!)

Edited by Zadi

So what exactly do you think butcher said to them in the dressing room after the game? All nicey,nicey i doubt it I suspect he got tore right into them, so why cant the paying fan do the same by booing? They are big boys sure they can take it...and hopefully up there game!

I am pretty sure that Butcher didn't come into the dressing room at half time / full time shouting "BOOOOO!" and "You're f'cking rubbish *insert players name here*" like our fans were doing on Saturday. I would imagine that by tearing into them he was telling them to improve and encouraging them to do better which is a hell of a difference from booing them and giving them no encouragement whatsoever by utterly slating them in their first home league game of the season.

"Im guessing what they want is all fans to hug each other and blow smoke up the poorly preforming players"

Sorry George but you can't do that. No smoking is aloud in TCS. :angry: Oops different thread.

Sorry couldn't resist. :angry:

:angry: :angry: Sorry, we can wait till after the game, wait outside get there autograph and blow it then...

I'm far from the most optimistic ICT supporter but even I was getting riled by some of the guff the fans were coming out with today. There were folk grumbling after 7 minutes today. You could see it was annoying the players and Foran obviously took it upon himself to gesticulate to the crowd as if to say "Come one get behind us" but that was met with more gurning from those in the North Stand.

Some of it was utterly embarrassing especially the red faced glebe sitting along from me:

"Oh right that's what we should be doing(!)"

"My 9 month old daughter could've scored that!"

"Oh very clever! VERY CLEVER!"

"Why are you passing it back!? The goal's this way!"

SHUT THE F'CK UP AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM!

Aye i had a person sitting very near to me who did nothing but moan critisize & gern today i was nearly going to move seats , i felt like telling her to shut her gob or better still dont bother coming to games if you cant have anything positive to say !!

well feel sorry for me i have a season ticket and the two people behind me never shut up and all they do is blame zadi, munro and foran all game and i feel like moving seats aswell! i also hope they get so annoyed at the players that they never come back (the players are doing fine when they moan at them!)

Thats going to happen dude, I had a lad beside me slate LDZ the whole 90 mins and sing Eagles praise, I chose to question his opinions and by the end of the game his attitude changes compleatly.. if you dont like what you are hearing then correct them, the lad with me as a sound enought lad..

Guest birdog

Seriously though listen to the commentary 10-15 seconds in.

"That's the voice of Terry Butcher you can hear screeching" if he can do it, then so can we.

Edited by birdog