FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher still on the Hunt..

Harry Chibber

I'd be more concerned about finding a right winger but looks as though Tel wants a forward that will "capture the public's imagination" the fans.... sounds promising

apparently we had a 6ft french man on trial but he's a dud, I'm suprised they managed to keep a secret in Inverness... I had no idea we had anyone on trial

P&J Clicky incase I'm accused of spreading more rumours

Edited by Harry Chibber

Interesting. But surely if another striker comes in, someone will have to leave. We have 6 already.

Last time we were in this division I seem to recall that we won it with just 3 strikers (Ritchie, Bingham and Hislop).

I'd be more concerned about finding a right winger but looks as though Tel wants a forward that will "capture the public's imagination" the fans.... sounds promising

apparently we had a 6ft french man on trial but he's a dud, I'm suprised they managed to keep a secret in Inverness... I had no idea we had anyone on trial

P&J Clicky incase I'm accused of spreading more rumours

Reading that I'm going to go out on a limb and say.. I thing TB is seeing it the way some of us on here see our Strike Force... Mostly Pi5h!! however how do we address that... Whats Neil Mccann doint just now? TB's pal and all that....lol

Interesting. But surely if another striker comes in, someone will have to leave. We have 6 already.

Last time we were in this division I seem to recall that we won it with just 3 strikers (Ritchie, Bingham and Hislop).

Thats Right enough, but they scored goals, the ones we have just now, all but one really scores.. Sanchez is unproven...

I actually think that Terry has Eric Odhiambo earmarked for an attacking right midfield berth this season. In the last couple of games last season (I think v. Hamilton and Falkirk), Eric came on as a second half substitute to play on the right hand side.

He'd have to pace and directness for that role.

Just a theory mind...

I actually think that Terry has Eric Odhiambo earmarked for an attacking right midfield berth this season. In the last couple of games last season (I think v. Hamilton and Falkirk), Eric came on as a second half substitute to play on the right hand side.

He'd have to pace and directness for that role.

Just a theory mind...

Considered that also... depending on how good this new forward is Foran could also be dropped into the right wing

The press and journal is reporting that Butcher is after one more striker to compliment the squad but it shall not be the trialist we currently have training with us.

Caley Thistle manager Terry Butcher aims to recruit a forward to complete his squad before the transfer windows shuts, but it won?t be the 6ft 5in French attacker on trial this week.

Butcher refused to reveal the Frenchman?s identity while confirming he would not be offered a deal at the Highland club.

The former England captain is scouring the transfer market in search of a creative forward but is prepared to wait until next week?s deadline before bringing another player in.

He said: ?If the right player comes along we still have room to bring someone in.

?We are not far away in terms of the squad but if we can get someone that can capture the public?s imagination, as well as our own, then we would be interested ? you never know what is available.?

linky

I knew I was suppose to post a question on here earlier in the week!!!

Saw this guy on Monday when squad were coming back from training and he was in the stand on Tuesday night and meant to ask if anyone knew who he was.

Can see Rooney getting forked out if we do get somone else.

I always enjoy hearing we are after players and i will admit i'm suprised to see this as i thought our summer buisness was concluded in terms of recruits.

"There are others they dont all need to be lionels brother" - what the feck does that mean?

There was a tall coloured lad sitting with lionel, odiambo, duncan and sutherland. I was told he is lionels brother and he is a footballer so it got me wondering if he was on trial.