FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jambo's getting a stuffing

Gringo

I see Hearts are keeping up with the trend Scottish poor performances in Europe. 4 down on the hour. They've had one shot at goal which was off target. Blackie is on after 46 mins.

When you watch these European games you see the huge gulf in technique and skill between Scottish and European football. We don't seem to have moved forward at all in the last 10 years; we've gone back if anything.

:016:

Virtually all the Scottish teams out by August. But that's the point. For most, it was their first or second game. I'll wager Burnley don't beat Manchester United later in the season. Need to change the season to summer football if we are to progress in Europe. Aberdeen and Motherwell barely had a team when they played and Hearts are basically strangers to each other.

If that is the case then it doesn't really make any sense why teams battle it out for a 'minor' Euro place. Once qualified then surely they must prepare accordingly...but is that too easy. It's like teams down here in Englanshire (i e Villa and Bolton) who went all out to get that Euro spot them couldn't be ersed during the later stages of the competition as noticed by fielding a 'weakened' side.....having said that, the Scots teams don't get to the later stages; they can't be ersed from the start.