FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney

donaldict

Adam Rooney always gets a good reception from the crowd and I'm always hearing "get Rooney on". Is this just because he has a good name/good song? Yesterday to be fair he couldn't have been worse than Sanchez but I don't think he adds anything to the team. His movement, touch, strength and finishing in front of goal are horrible.

What do Rooney's fans see in him?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt deserve to wear the jersey!!!

Ive never seen a slower player in my life and is movement is terrible. He doesnt look a goal scorer and i knew he would miss that chance yesterday. Along with lionel its another player that the fans love for no reason!! Its hilarious!! Im not a big fan of barrowman but the sooner he is back the sooner we can get this belter out of the team!!

Ive never seen a slower player in my life and is movement is terrible. He doesnt look a goal scorer and i knew he would miss that chance yesterday. Along with lionel its another player that the fans love for no reason!! Its hilarious!! Im not a big fan of barrowman but the sooner he is back the sooner we can get this belter out of the team!!

settle down i know rooney missed a good chance yesterday but he isnt as bad as slow as barrowman who stands up front doesnt move and for a big man wins nothing in the air .

settle down i know rooney missed a good chance yesterday but he isnt as bad as slow as barrowman who stands up front doesnt move and for a big man wins nothing in the air .

Are you trying to say you rate rooney?!!!!

Think the only reason we wanted Rooney on yesterday was because he was the only striker on the bench when we were 2-0 down. I would rather have Barrowman playing when he returns to full fitness.

Adam Rooney always gets a good reception from the crowd and I'm always hearing "get Rooney on". Is this just because he has a good name/good song? Yesterday to be fair he couldn't have been worse than Sanchez but I don't think he adds anything to the team. His movement, touch, strength and finishing in front of goal are horrible.

I dont rate Rooney as a player at all but I wanted him on yesterday becuase we needed another striker up front, He reminded me why I dont rate him when he was one on one as well

I will still sing his song at the games as well for the rest of this season. Are we not allowed to sing songs about our players even if they are not very good? Do you not think that would make him feel better to know that the fans are behind him? That is what suporters are supposed to do isnt it? Get behind the players to help them through the game and when they are struggling for example to find the back of the net which rooney is doing

I think he could be good. His bad finishing is to do with composure and confidence. As soon as his first few goals come i think he will bang them in. He played well against C*unty. Won the ball in good areas and help create moe chances. He was far better than sanchez was.

They see last season's top goal scorer and he also reacts to chants etc. Good with the fans :lol:

Edited by caleymad

They see last season's top goal scorer and he also reacts to chants etc. Good with the fans :angry05:

Thats hilarious!! Think he scored 6 last season. Thats a big total to be proud off eh?!!!

Better than Barrowman... our supposedly brillant striker on ?2,000 a week. ;)

He must be one of our better strikers considering all them goals have been from the bench....

They see last season's top goal scorer and he also reacts to chants etc. Good with the fans :angry05:

Thats hilarious!! Think he scored 6 last season. Thats a big total to be proud off eh?!!!

He must be one of our better strikers considering all them goals have been from the bench....

Who said anything bout barrowman being brilliant? Dont rate him either and wouldnt play either of them!! We have a decent striker in foran. We just need to find someone capable of playing alongside him. But no no no, you keep singing your rooney chants for no reason at all!!!

Who said anything bout barrowman being brilliant? Dont rate him either and wouldnt play either of them!! We have a decent striker in foran. We just need to find someone capable of playing alongside him. But no no no, you keep singing your rooney chants for no reason at all!!!

So we are not allowed to sing about our players anymore?

You dont have to be a good player to get the fans singing about you. It is about getting behind the team and not booing them when they have a bad game

There's only one, Martin Glancy!

He's short! But he's fancy!

He scores with ease so bring him on please!

Walking in a Glancy wonderland!

:D

:P :025: :025:

I would like to see Barrowman shipped out, and Rooney trained to run that extra few yards.

He's a big lad, could be really nifty, just always seems to be off the pace a bit.

Barrowman is just a lazy poacher, proved that last year, don't reckon we'll get much outta him this season! :(

Mrs PB

The reason, as youse yins all ken, is that Barrowman has to be on the pitch fairly often (i.e when he is fit) toj ustify his large and largely unproductiuve (so it seems ) salary.

So how is that going to change any time soon? No doubt some of the upper echelon in Management are often holding their heids in their hauns wondering what to do with a player like Maria (Soundof Music chaps and chappesses....geez, youse are sae slow the noo.

Onyhoo ,I dinnae like either of them but remember these few words of wisdom as we go forward ( in modern parlance ,like ):

If a player is lacking in confidence he must show the Manager that he is worth the salary by trying harder, training harder, requesting help in whatever area he thinks he is deficient and on match day WORK harder to get on with it AND TO GET OVER IT.

IN OTHER WORDS...SORRY! COMPENSATION SHOULD NOT BE PAID FOR ALLEGED WORK UNLESS THE EFFORT IS OBVIOUS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE IS FAILING OR NOT. And if the player is not performing on the park then another player should be tried out and given his chance since the former is NOT contributing to the team and in general is actually contributing to the malaise spreading through the team as time goes on. After all, if he can continue to get his place in the team without actual;;ly contributing a great deal is is not natural that his example will be emulated by other lazy players as well?

Go to Dingwall and ....tink.. about it.

There is precedent for a section of our support idolising mediocre players because of good chants, with the likes of Glancy and Deano.

And Keogh. We were just about to get going with Richie Byrne before that pleasure was cruelly taken away.

Rooney had a great chance to level the game and fluffed it. I think it was definitely a penalty which could've given us an undeserved equaliser.

I have never rated Rooney but would select him before Barrowman any day of the week. When is Eric Odhiambo due back? At least he is fast and appears to try to do something on the ball although he needs to toughen up a wee bit.

Rooney seems to be a good target man who can hold off a defender and cause them problems but is not finisher, of all the lower league games hes played in, his goal tally should be far higher but the shot on goal/goal ratio is extremely low.Fair play to the man for having the ball so frequently and being in the position to score instead of being posted missing in action but you still have to put the ball in the back of the net.

How about the Marius Niculae set up with a 4. 5. 1, with Rooney pulling the defence in and passing to the midfield to score.