Team For Partick

BA

esson

rosco munro duff hastings

cox duncan stratford/mcbain

sanchez

barrowman foran

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Hayes, Ross, Sutherland

i dont know why duff isnt getting a look in. he was good when he played last year, really rated him

I would go to 4-3-3, solid defence, an able midfield and the pace of Hayes and Eagles on both sides getting the ball into Foran to get in among defenders with the midfielders coming in to collect any follow ups. Tell the team not to be shot shy and the chances will be flowing.

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro McBain

Cox Duncan Stratford

Hayes Foran Eagles

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Ross, Sanchez, Rooney

The pace of Hayes and Eagles is what Butcher has hung his hat on for the attack, these guys will play and I've been happy with what I've seen so far. Once they settle, they have the potential to rip this division apart and provide the ammunition for the striker.

Esson

Tokely Munro Duff Hastings

Cox Duncan McBain

Foran Lionel

After Saturday Lionel's confidence as a defender must be shot and as we haven't got a striker who can score goals, offering him a career change might be the making of him. He scored a cracking penalty against Montrose. If fit, Barrowman could partner Munro at the back. When Barrowman's in the box the ball never goes in the net. Seriously though, Duff put in some good performances in the SPL and deserves another run.

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Foran Lionel

Good one DoofersRenegadesDad. Sure that strike partnership will work wonders..

Why are we only starting 10 men btw?

Does Tokely count as 2 players in the lower league competitions.. :P

Edited by DingwallAway

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Foran Lionel

Good one DoofersRenegadesDad. Sure that strike partnership will work wonders..

Why are we only starting 10 men btw?

Does Tokely count as 2 players in the lower league competitions.. :P

Well spotted - Late fitness test on Barrowman

Then whether he's fit or not we'll give Hayes another chance.

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Foran Lionel

After Saturday Lionel's confidence as a defender must be shot and as we haven't got a striker who can score goals, offering him a career change might be the making of him. He scored a cracking penalty against Montrose. If fit, Barrowman could partner Munro at the back. When Barrowman's in the box the ball never goes in the net. Seriously though, Duff put in some good performances in the SPL and deserves another run.

Have to agree completley here a career change for Lionel is a great idea. Im thinking along the lines of a joining a circus as a clown. Not sure if he would get as many laughs though as he does as a 'footballer' the now.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

I think a couple of simple position changes is all it takes to turn our team around, we're bound to be top of the league in a few weeks this way.

As has been said before Lionel upfront, he's less of a liability up there and his mistakes wont prove anywhere near as costly. With Barrowboy in goals. DoofersDad was right, it's scientifically proven that the ball has only a 2% chance of going in the net with him in the box. Amazing stuff.

Foran just isn't direct enough, so would be plain daft putting him upfront again, and we need someone to shore up our defence. Why not put him there? Along with the towering figure of Proctor at the back we're just bound not to concede.

Nick Ross is also just far too small and lightweight to be taking on opposition defences also, so with Foran, Proc and Barrowman at the back, they would see him through the game no problem.

I think Imrie would also do better than half our squad, even if he is only capable of using one leg. He has to be in the squad somewhere.

And with desperate need of a new captain, we should address this in the middle of the park IMO, with Munro shifted upfront, he was one of the players who looked most likely to score for us on Saturday.

With the constant slating of Rob Eagle, I beleive DornochCaley should be given a run out to prove his worth. F*ck it, it's only a cup game, perfect chance to erse about with the team.

Cox keeps his place because we all love him. :P

I'd go with something along the lines of:

Barrowman

Ross Foran Proctor Rooney

Imrie Renegade © Cox DornochCaley

Djebi-Zadi Munro

Subs: Who (gk), Gives, A, Flying, F*ck.

As for those saying Ross is too young? :P Bulls**t!

What about the likes of Rooney, who was given his first team chance at Everton when he was just 16.

Rooney is probably the best young English player for decades. Nick Ross isn't, I think it's fair to say. If we had a 16 year old striker as good as Wayne Rooney was at that age, I'd bet that he'd be in the side.

I think a couple of simple position changes is all it takes to turn our team around, we're bound to be top of the league in a few weeks this way.

As has been said before Lionel upfront, he's less of a liability up there and his mistakes wont prove anywhere near as costly. With Barrowboy in goals. DoofersDad was right, it's scientifically proven that the ball has only a 2% chance of going in the net with him in the box. Amazing stuff.

Foran just isn't direct enough, so would be plain daft putting him upfront again, and we need someone to shore up our defence. Why not put him there? Along with the towering figure of Proctor at the back we're just bound not to concede.

Nick Ross is also just far too small and lightweight to be taking on opposition defences also, so with Foran, Proc and Barrowman at the back, they would see him through the game no problem.

I think Imrie would also do better than half our squad, even if he is only capable of using one leg. He has to be in the squad somewhere.

And with desperate need of a new captain, we should address this in the middle of the park IMO, with Munro shifted upfront, he was one of the players who looked most likely to score for us on Saturday.

With the constant slating of Rob Eagle, I beleive DornochCaley should be given a run out to prove his worth. F*ck it, it's only a cup game, perfect chance to erse about with the team.

Cox keeps his place because we all love him. :rolleyes:

I'd go with something along the lines of:

Barrowman

Imrie Renegade ? Cox DornochCaley

Djebi-Zadi Munro

Best line up yet.

Does Hastings still exist or is he injured?

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro McBain

Ross Stratford Cox Hayes

Barrowman Foran

Proctor and LDZ are dropped with immediate effect. Eagle out to give Ross a chance, and Barrowman comes in for the same reasons that ictchris gives.

Proctor and LDZ are dropped with immediate effect. Eagle out to give Ross a chance, and Barrowman comes in for the same reasons that ictchris gives.

Nope, he still exists. He was left out of the squad when Lionel started getting apperances. He was involved with the Canadian team but i dont know how that went. Last i heard he wasnt injured but not sure....

Barrowman

Imrie Renegade ? Cox DornochCaley

Djebi-Zadi Munro

:blink::lol::lol:

--------------------------------------------------------Esson-------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Munro-------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Duff----------------------------------------------------Bulvitis-------------------------

-------Tokely-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shinnie----

----------------------------------Cox-----------------------------------McBain------------------------------------

--------------Hayes-----------------------------------Foran---------------------------Djebi-Zadi-----------------

Subs - Sanchez, Rooney, Eagle, Duncan, Proctor

Edited by Renegade