FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT 'Fans'

absent friend

Get over it. It was ONE match!

Lets get right behind the team against Partick on Sunday. It will be a hard match and the players will need all the support we can give them.

The clue is in the word - SUPPORTERS. Support your team. If you can't be a*sed then stay away.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some posters on here have there heads right up there arses!! yes it was one defeat... but it wasnt just a wee pump it was a pump pump pump!! and OUR team just didnt seem to turn up! so As supporters and payers of said players wages we are ment to pat them on the back well done... eh no... we have been very lucky!! to have scraped wins and draw.... so why congratulate this?

We were not lucky to draw with Dundee or Ayr. The Dunfermline result was probably justice done considering the amount of misses Rooney had on his own. Even Lionel managed to scrape the post ( at the correct end). We have disposed of lesser teams in the wee cups, Montrose managing a draw with a late goal. Chit happens.

We are all hurting, but at the end of the day it is still only three points, albeit a demoralising three points.

I say get over it, in fact we can't do anything else. What are the options. Go along and put up with it, then moan like fekk. Go along and boo our own players then moan like fekk. Don't go along at all but still moan like fekk. Or just come on here and moan like fekk.

Just be happy you are healthy enough to go along and watch a wee game of football.

Last week yes, the week before no.

Lack of scorers is a problem, lets hope Foran hits the target soon. We don't score, we start defending deeper and the opposition gains confidence from this.

Of course it will help his condfidence, it will also help him realise he isn't very good, and that Berkshire is a bit of hole.

Well, after that intelligent reply, I rest my case. If you want to continue this debate, I suggest you PM me when you get home from kindergarten.

Caley mad in berks. Can you tell me (in a thread about negativity) what you are contributing to it? Your original comment was unhelpful and childish. Accept and move on.

Last week yes, the week before no.

Lack of scorers is a problem, lets hope Foran hits the target soon. We don't score, we start defending deeper and the opposition gains confidence from this.

Funny that, we had the same problem most of last season, and what did we do to fix that... up until last week we had a pritty spotless sheet, Im not overly bothered about calling for head to roll, I am wanting us to start hitting the target or trying to abit more!! Its the same old same old, get in a position to shoot and no one does!!

EDIT TO ADD COMMENT

While having a chat about this kind of thing in work..

Fan = someone who follows

Supporter = Someone who contrabutes to the club (pays for games/buys tops)

My boss is a Celtic Fan, he doesnt go to games or rally buys the tops n stuff unless its for Xmas, He regards me as a Caley Supporter as I've got a drawer full of tops and a I have a season ticket, I beleve this is a good point and I feel it should be talked about on here.....

Edited by georgeios

So would you say fans aren't entitled to bitch about the crap on show but supporters are?

If so, feckin boo!

TM4TJ playing hot and cold implies inconsistency, you can't be consistent one week then inconsistent the next, that's not how it works.

They can't all be good one week then gash the next.

What was said to them before the game and at half-time? Where was the motivation? It may only be one defeat but the nature of it was apalling. I work damned hard for my money and will not pay to watch that shi7e.

Yaboy..I dub thee ya-boo.

Or should that be YAHOO.?

You are about as negative as any poster who has come on here recently .

"I am going to County to boo LDZ again"--what an insensitive, shallow comment . I agree completely with Caley mad in Berks and the very restrained "The Knowledge".

That kind of attitude and behaviour will not help you to grow(up?) or help the player or the club make any positive progress any time soon.

Yaboy..I dub thee ya-boo.

Or should that be YAHOO.?

You are about as negative as any poster who has come on here recently .

"I am going to County to boo LDZ again"--what an insensitive, shallow comment . I agree completely with Caley mad in Berks and the very restrained "The Knowledge".

That kind of attitude and behaviour will not help you to grow(up?) or help the player or the club make any positive progress any time soon.

You'll be there cheering the boys on then will you?

Dude Im not saying no one can or cant bitch like ****, I was mearly posting the guts of a very interesting convo I was having that day!! Scotty for example is a supporter even from Canada due to the time/money and effort he puts in to this site, same with the mods and posters on here they contrabuted to the club/site...

5th stand, don't take words out of context. I am fully aware that they mean the same, the comment was aimed at the words before the comma, we are playing pish just now. Which implied we are not playing well. But, the week before we played pretty good in the city of discovery.

Nobody is asking anyone to go along, either good or bad football being played. I'm afraid you pay your money you take yer chance. However, as a season ticket holder I will be attending as many games as I can to support the team, good or bad, it might not always best please me, but thats why we have a forum, to discuss the good and the bad.

If booing is your thing, best to direct it towards the management and not individuals.

Would it be ok for the players to start booing sections of the home crowd, lets say the young guys at the rear of section G, the self proclaimed hard core of ICT fans, the ones who only do good and start all the songs ever sung at Inverness.

georgeios.........Scotty was a lot closer than Canada for the County game..............

Edited by themann4thejob
added some info

I don't boo the team or individuals but will defend the rights of others to do so if that's how they feel. I had one bloke sat beside me giving Lionel pelters from kick off, before he'd even had a kick of the ball and I buttoned my lip. By the end of the match I was feeling tempted to join in but restrained myself and rustled my Werthers Originals wrappers instead.

I do however come on here to go

Feckin BOO!!!

Class!! anyhoo you get what Im saying.. way off topic but think its a good point.

We were pish and can be pish. we can play amazing silky skills, but hey thats football, Im at the back of section G, Im touched you think Im a young lad.. I sit there because I enjoy the banter.... FeckingBoootastic

Ya boy maybe LDZ isn't good enough, but what is he supposed to do, tell Butcher, "actually, those guys booing in the north stand are right, don't pick me please"

Butcher picks him, so LDZ plays, perhaps badly, but if you boo anyone it has to be Butcher.

For example, in a restaurant, if the waiter was rude to you, would you speak to the waiter who was rude or the manager?

Thing is, pre-emptive booing, and saying you are going to games to boo a player, is just cowardly bullying. You know he can't do anything about it as he will be fined/sacked if he answers back.

IMHO cowardly, afraid to abuse someone who could actually retaliate. And most definitely not ICT at all

edited for a mis-reading

Edited by Kirishima

Ya boy maybe LDZ isn't good enough, but what is he supposed to do, tell Butcher, "actually, those guys booing in the north stand are right, don't pick me please"

Butcher picks him, so LDZ plays, perhaps badly, but if you boo anyone it has to be Butcher.

For example, in a restaurant, if the waiter was rude to you, would you speak to the waiter who was rude or the manager?

Thing is, pre-emptive booing, and saying you are going to games to boo a player, is just cowardly bullying. You know he can't do anything about it as he will be fined/sacked if he answers back.

IMHO cowardly, afraid to abuse someone who could actually retaliate. And most definitely not ICT at all

edited for a mis-reading

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It's a nice point and well thought but I'm sure Yaboy and those booing didnt put all that much thought into it, they just got frustrated he was playing terribly and went 'booooo'.

Edited by martinskye

It's a nice point and well thought but I'm sure Yaboy and those booing didnt put all that much thought into it, they just got frustrated he was playing terribly and went 'booooo'.

ZING

I am amazed at the degree of support for the negative threads on here, resulting from a loss of one game.

I realise that the loss was to 'THE ENEMY' but we are all big boys and girls and should be able to accept that our team can be defeated at times or are we?

This reaction therefore makes me wonder if ICT supporters as well as being 'tut tutters' 'sweetie paper rustlers' are also, especially the younger ones, gutless supporters, who are unable to accept defeat.

You know the type that Mummy and Daddy always allowed to win at Ludo/Cards/etc so that they would not be upset and attack poor Teddy!

Now able to use the PC they use this heritage to expect their bigger game, supporting ICT, to be a win, win, result too.

Well this is not the way of the world, hard knocks happen and have to be taken on the chin, so please, please, stop bitching and behaving as if you were from over the bridge!!

Apologies for breathing life back into this topic but I had little or no internet access over the last week and just got back to TO. late last night.

I have followed ICT in person and afar from the very start and I have to say - as I did to many in the Innes last week - that this was one of the most gutless and passionless performances I have ever seen from my team in the last 15 years. The team that wanted it won it and that is a hard thing for any ICT fan to say about County.

Hard though it is, I can accept defeat in any match, even a County one, I can also bask in the glory of our wins and I can appreciate that wins and defeats come in many forms - lucky, deserved or undeserved. I have seen us royally pumped at Cappielow and the Shyberry and even at the TCS against County and I have seen us do the pumping .... this result goes down as a bad one not just because we lost, but because of the lack of passion we had for the fight. That is MY frustration ... if that makes me a bad fan, then fair enough.