FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2016 Olympics....

CaleyD

...to be held in Rio de Janeiro.

I've never been one to get excited about the Olympics....especially London 2012, but when I heard it was going to be in Rio in 2016 something clicked inside me and had me thinking that if anywhere was going to put on a games worth watching (or even making the trip to see) then this is it. Admittedly, it's not the athletics themselves that I'm looking forward too, but what I see as a location where I think the atmosphere and events surrounding the games will be second to none.

Never been to that part of the world, and I always thought Mexico would be the first place to tempt me to travel south of the USA (I find their ancient cultures far more intriguing than anywhere else on the planet). However, I'm giving serious consideration to making the trip to the games in 2016......perhaps I'll kill two birds with one stone and do Mexico on the same trip!!!

If Scotland qualify for 2014....then maybe. I'm very much an ICT/Scotland fan as opposed to a general football fan, and whilst I enjoy going to see the odd game involving other teams it's not really something that I can get excited about.

Fair enough....but I never really had you down as an athletics man either!

I can't think why you'd have formed that opinion!!! I'm a dab hand at the shot putt. :lol:

I'm not really an athletics person, as I said above, it's more the thought of the atmosphere that I think Rio will generate around the event as opposed to the actual event itself. The opening and closing ceremonies alone will likely be worth the trip. For whatever reason, I just don't envisage the World Cup ceremonies as being done to the same level....but I could be wrong.

Will you be running a bus to Rio Don?

Double Decker.....Summer Holiday stylee to South America.