FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A sackable offence

I want him gone now but no amount of shouting from anyone is going to sort that.

Thats a very good point. It will probobly even have the opposite effect considering how far up their own arses our board is.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want him gone now but no amount of shouting from anyone is going to sort that.

Thats a very good point. It will probably even have the opposite effect considering how far up their own arses our board is.

They have shown in the past that it is them, and not us that sack and employ people. Who wanted Brew back? Them, not us. Who wanted to give Brewster more time? Them (and me but I was in the minority), not the fans. They won't listen to us so there is no point creating bad feeling around the stadium.....

"Butcher is the man who got us ". Are you trying to be funny. The seeds of our demise had being sown by Brewster long before Butcher. The fact that Butcher even got us close to safety is worth merit.

So when a team he inherited gains a few points and rises up the table he gets the plaudits, interesting that as time has gone on the team has become increasingly dire. We were relegated but Butcher was safe from criticism as we were bottom when he arrived. He couldn't lose either way.

Agreed his tactics arent the best and have got room for improvement but we havent got a quality squad. Like i said we have to make do.

The quality of squad we have is down to the manager, the buck stops there. End of...Finito....Kaput...Kapish?

Whilst I agree that TB is at fault here and will probably have to go before things get better, I can kind of simpathise with him in regards to reacting to the fans. I tried to put myself in his shoes and thought, imagine if I worked in a public job for example in a shop. I'm crap at my job and a customer starts swearing at me and slagging me off. Do I sit there and take it or do I rip him a new a*sehole? I'm sorry but I'd go for the latter. Now I know that he earns lots of money and all that sort of stuff but he's only human. It's up to the board to discipline him not the fans. Yes, show him we're not happy but surely we can do that without telling him to Eff off and some of the other sh1te that gets aimed towards him. I also believe that the players although partly at fault will not get better while they are getting the abuse that they are currently receiving. I know I would not bother coming out onto the pitch after hearing some of the comments shouted at them. Don't get me wrong we shouldn't be cheering them either with the displays being shown at the moment but for god's sake we're not animals and nor are they. Respect is a 2 way street, if we don't give TB and the team some they will not perform for us. WOULD YOU?

Rant over

Whilst I agree that TB is at fault here and will probably have to go before things get better, I can kind of simpathise with him in regards to reacting to the fans. I tried to put myself in his shoes and thought, imagine if I worked in a public job for example in a shop. I'm crap at my job and a customer starts swearing at me and slagging me off. Do I sit there and take it or do I rip him a new a*sehole? I'm sorry but I'd go for the latter. Now I know that he earns lots of money and all that sort of stuff but he's only human. It's up to the board to discipline him not the fans. Yes, show him we're not happy but surely we can do that without telling him to Eff off and some of the other sh1te that gets aimed towards him. I also believe that the players although partly at fault will not get better while they are getting the abuse that they are currently receiving. I know I would not bother coming out onto the pitch after hearing some of the comments shouted at them. Don't get me wrong we shouldn't be cheering them either with the displays being shown at the moment but for god's sake we're not animals and nor are they. Respect is a 2 way street, if we don't give TB and the team some they will not perform for us. WOULD YOU?

Rant over

I agree, also great post from Wilsy. And what has happened to our singers? - hardly any songs today at all, even when we were playing well in the first half. I do think that the singing and great atmosphere at away games must play quite a big part in our good away form.

Rant over

I agree, also great post from Wilsy. And what has happened to our singers? - hardly any songs today at all, even when we were playing well in the first half. I do think that the singing and great atmosphere at away games must play quite a big part in our good away form.

We were a bit deflated with how much stick we have been getting recently.

Sacking the last manager hasn't exactly done us much good, so don't know that setting up a revolving door is going to help the cause much. :(

Once concern about today after a reasonable fight back in the first half and inept second half - are the players running out of steam, the one good thing about Brewsters time was an exceptionally fit squad, are the players not fit enough now? Such a collapse late on suggests a team that can't play 90minutes. :ohmy:

Edited by skifreak

Is everyone else on here not seeing the "OTHER" big problem. Why is it that we dont get into any game at home until we go behind. County, Partick, QotS? Why are we playing 4-5-1 AT HOME? Has Butcher not seen that it doesnt work and that should be deployed when playing away from home IN EUROPE. Butcher must go now or he will take us to the 2nd division and on the brink of financial collapse. The board should go aswell as they have been utterly shocking. id take Romanov with his controlling over that shower anyday

Each post, game we fail to perform and fan complaint is just another blow to my support of Inverness. I love the club, but its beging to dwindle. Slowly and surely, its dwindling. Unless i see that things are changing, my love will continue to fall.

If you love something, people won't be able to put you off it. Why do you care what other people say so much? Ignore it if it upsets you so much.

Why are we playing 4-5-1 AT HOME?

Sanchez does seem to drift in between, but thats a very giood point we should be playin 2 up front week in week out. Its goign to be a long season.

With Fan support beginning to die down, Recession hitting Britain, No decent finances. i dont think the CLUB will survive til the end of the season. The board must swallow their pride now and sort it out before we go the same way as Airdreonians, Clydebank and Gretna

With Fan support beginning to die down, Recession hitting Britain, No decent finances. i dont think the CLUB will survive til the end of the season. The board must swallow their pride now and sort it out before we go the same way as Airdreonians, Clydebank and Gretna

I think thats a bit over the top considering we're not in a bad financial position at all, but cutbacks will definately have to be made next season if we fail to get promoted with this all or nothing campaign to bounce back up that the board have employed.

Edited by Iain

When a manager turns on the fans it is usually him being just one step away from the sack. He was under a lot of pressure and did not keep his cool. There was no personal abuse aimed at him only the usual shouts of get it sorted and get player x off and the like. No manager should shout F--k off you c-nt towards any fan and expect to get any respect. Mike Smith is always stressing that we are a family club and we do not want any foul or abusive language from the fans. It has to be the same from the management team as well if the club are to impose this rule. I was embarassed for the women and kids today listening to his rant and his assistant wasn't much better. The fans are entitled to shout if they are not happy as long as it is not personal abuse and it was not today. In his defence I can see how he would want us to get behind the team and give them our support but it is difficult just now with the way they are playing. He picks the team, he signs the players and he decides the tactics for each match so ultimately the buck stops with him. He is not daft and can see as well as the rest of us that we are not a good side at the moment so lets give him some time to sort it out and lets give the team our support because unless you want to go shopping on a saturday or watch Clach we have no option. :ohmy:

When a manager turns on the fans it is usually him being just one step away from the sack. He was under a lot of pressure and did not keep his cool. There was no personal abuse aimed at him only the usual shouts of get it sorted and get player x off and the like. No manager should shout F--k off you c-nt towards any fan and expect to get any respect. Mike Smith is always stressing that we are a family club and we do not want any foul or abusive language from the fans. It has to be the same from the management team as well if the club are to impose this rule. I was embarassed for the women and kids today listening to his rant and his assistant wasn't much better. The fans are entitled to shout if they are not happy as long as it is not personal abuse and it was not today. In his defence I can see how he would want us to get behind the team and give them our support but it is difficult just now with the way they are playing. He picks the team, he signs the players and he decides the tactics for each match so ultimately the buck stops with him. He is not daft and can see as well as the rest of us that we are not a good side at the moment so lets give him some time to sort it out and lets give the team our support because unless you want to go shopping on a saturday or watch Clach we have no option. :ohmy:

Ill watch Inverness City if this doesnt get sorted

Rant over

If I was crap at my job, I'd be out of a job. A fair days wage for a fair days work? How many at TCS could put their hands on their heart and say they did a good job?

If I was a glory hunter, I'd be off to County to see some good attractive football and goals. Never ever thought I'd see gloryhunter in a post with County. That hurts.

"If I was crap at my job, I'd be out of a job. A fair days wage for a fair days work? How many at TCS could put their hands on their heart and say they did a good job?"

My point is that it would be down to your boss to sort it out not for the customer to come in and shout personal abuse at you. If the boss didn't sort it then the customer would go above him to get action but he shouldn't just berate you himself. He can of course show his dis-pleasure but in a civilised way. The emphesis being on civilised, we are supposed to be supporters of the club but we are playing our part in bringing it down. Would you want to go to work if you knew that you were going to be subjected to the sort of stuff that they do? Now I know football is a different world to working on the checkouts of tesco or anywhere else but it is still someones job and when they are **** at it they need constructive critiscism not just personal abuse. I don't mean be all mamby pamby with them but have some respect. If you want to show your disgust why not get a petition going gather a couple of thousand sigs and submit it to the board, stage a protest before a game or some other practical show of distain instead of lowering the whole standard of support to the level that players don't want to play for us.

Brewster is long gone.

Butcher put us down from a safe position.

When butcher took over we were bottom

And we were still bottom at the end of the season!

then how did he manage to put us down from a safe position if we were allready bottom

We were 9th for about a week and then it went down hill from there. Dont think TB had alot of time to change things around. He was thrown into the deep end and work with the players what we had at the club

Looking at it from a slightly different angle - we are 8 points behind the bottom team in the SPL, that's how far we've dropped and that's worrying.