FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A sackable offence

Bottom line is we were ahead of falkirk by 4 points with 3 games to play then Butcher tinkered with the side and we were relegated making it Butchers fault , the buck stops with the manager as in any walk of life . All this " no-one could have saved us from relegation " is absolute nonsense .

So you expected to be in the SPL next season when Butcher took charge?

Of course I didn't expect Butcher to keep us in the SPL , you only have to look at his past managerial failures to see that .

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is we were ahead of falkirk by 4 points with 3 games to play then Butcher tinkered with the side and we were relegated making it Butchers fault , the buck stops with the manager as in any walk of life . All this " no-one could have saved us from relegation " is absolute nonsense .

Of course I didn't expect Butcher to keep us in the SPL , you only have to look at his past managerial failures to see that .

Since you avoided the question I'll re-phrase

Would you have expected any manager to have kept us in the SPL?

Or is he spreading himself too thin on the ground?

Even if he devoted 100% to ICT i doubt he has the ability to stop this.

John Robertson(or have you all forgot) has won TWO 1st division titles with TWO different clubs, That could well have been THREE had County not got ahead of themselves. Why shouldnt we take him back? If he was offered Hearts again i know for a fact he wont take it.

Don't fool yourself, money talks.

Who else did he win the first with?

Part of Leishmans team with Livingston

What the Board and the man himself said gave the fans the belief we could stay up, results started to go our way and then he blew it by trying to be a tactician. He could have saved our season but he failed. He is continuing to feck about with our club and has nothing but contempt for us the fans. I do not like him, Know what I mean 'Arry?

What the Board and the man himself said gave the fans the belief we could stay up, results started to go our way and then he blew it by trying to be a tactician. He could have saved our season but he failed. He is continuing to feck about with our club and has nothing but contempt for us the fans. I do not like him, Know what I mean 'Arry?

Pass the HP!

Na I'm startiing to lose my faith in him as well I just think you're off the mark with your opinion of last season.

Yes Butcher should have saved us from relegation last year. He mouthed off about it enough! You rate anyone by results and his results are not good enough. On current performances and results we are looking on relegation from this division and where do we go from there - part time.

The club and Butcher and his side kick are so arrogant and thought they would walk the first division.

Certain players are not trying simple as that. Butcher is the worst manager we have ever had. The core of ICT teams have been strength and determination, which has been totally lost.

He must go but the board as usual will bury their head in the sand as the club is only a toy to them and do not care about the club.

Pass the HP!

Na I'm startiing to lose my faith in him as well I just think you're off the mark with your opinion of last season.

I'm under no illusions about what happened last season Harry, Brewster dropped us in it but when Butcher came in there was a turnaround but be thought his own ego could win us matches. When the new manager bounce fizzled out we were left with what we now have. Nowt much. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Pass the HP!

I'm under no illusions about what happened last season Harry, Brewster dropped us in it but when Butcher came in there was a turnaround but be thought his own ego could win us matches. When the new manager bounce fizzled out we were left with what we now have. Nowt much. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Spot on as I said in a previous thread he got the new manager bounce once that left him he was found out, would any other manager have kept us up we will never know.

Harry its blatantly obvious that any half decent manager would keep their side up with a 4 point gap and only 3 games to play but you keep on defending the undefensible :(

Feel free to answer my question any time you like

I have answered your question , the answer is yes .

Harry its blatantly obvious that any half decent manager would keep their side up with a 4 point gap and only 3 games to play but you keep on defending the undefensible :(

Feel free to answer my question any time you like

I have answered your question , the answer is yes .

You're kidding yourself.

4 points clear with 3 games to play , Harry whats so hard to understand . Butcher blew it with his formations and tactics , its really quite simple .

Away to Motherwell, Killmarnock and home to Falkirk who had to win.... I hoped, wished & prayed.... I certainly didn't expect!

That is why you're kidding yourself

Three may be too many. I have no confidence in us getting a win tomorrow. I believe County will win and creep another two points in front and back to the top of the table. I also believe Dundee will go second on wed night. The only saving grace I see is that we will remain 6th albeit 9 points adrift of the leaders. That IMO is not good enough. While we dither where we are the leaders are pulling a gap and that is the one difference between this season and previous in this division. For the past few years nobody was pulling away. This season its happening.

Dwelling on what could have been or what went wrong last season will not get us out of the current mess.

Dwelling on what could have been or what went wrong last season will not get us out of the current mess.

Do you not think that the in fighting on this forum between fans, the raised tempers, the name calling, all happened last season as well and perhaps we need to address that a little too? This carries through to matchdays in the stands. We fans do have a lot to play on what happens on the pitch and in the dug-out, as Butcher's alleged outburst showed.

Edited to add alleged as I never witnessed it and have only the word of fellow posters to go by.

Edited by birdog

4 points clear with 3 games to play , Harry whats so hard to understand . Butcher blew it with his formations and tactics , its really quite simple .

Prime example of the "If you tell yourself something often enough you start to believe it" theory.

ICT were actually in 11th place and only 1 point ahead of Falkirk with 3 games to play (and one point behind St Mirren).

Prime example of the "If you tell yourself something often enough you start to believe it" theory.

ICT were actually in 11th place and only 1 point ahead of Falkirk with 3 games to play (and one point behind St Mirren).

We were 4 points ahead of Falkirk with 3 games to go

LINK