FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross County -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Never heard IHE :lol: thats why i asked

Here what happend with the fans today? Someone threw a half bottle of vodka on the pitch

It was Lucozade or powerade bottle I think. It had a sports top thing on it. It was not vodka. Some red thing got thrown on as well and that was when the ref stopped the game to hand it to the police

@caleykid - it was one or two too many but you always get that in a big group of away fans and only having one or two people is probably not that bad. Apart from those few I think it was a very good support

It was a half bottle of vodka, as i saw the police handing it to a steward near the white tent and then they went on the pitch to talk to the steward next to the goals

When the ref stopped play and ran over to the tunnel that was with the tomato sauce bottle. As I saw the Tomato sauce bottle go onto the pitch and then watched the ref pick it up from beside the goalpost and give it to the police officer. There was not bottle of vodka thrown onto the pitch

Yes it was a bottle of vodka. I even saw them giving it to the police and then them giving it to a steward. You might have seen a tomato sauce bottle being thrown but it was a vodka bottle the police handed over to a steward.

That wasnt thrown onto the pitch though. They might have handed it over but it wasnt thrown on the pitch

Yes it was. You might have not seen but me and about 10 others did. END OF.

Well done the boys from section G singing to the gypos after the game and them getting all worked about it :lol:

That wasnt just Section G you know

Where was this bottle of vodka thrown onto the pitch? If it was beside the goals it was not a bottle of vodka if it was from somewhere else it might well have been

Doubt very much that was Section G as half of them were on the bus back to Inverness by then. The other half being in the Mallard

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here what happend with the fans today? Someone threw a half bottle of vodka on the pitch

It was Lucozade or powerade bottle I think. It had a sports top thing on it. It was not vodka. Some red thing got thrown on as well and that was when the ref stopped the game to hand it to the police

@caleykid - it was one or two too many but you always get that in a big group of away fans and only having one or two people is probably not that bad. Apart from those few I think it was a very good support

It was a half bottle of vodka, as i saw the police handing it to a steward near the white tent and then they went on the pitch to talk to the steward next to the goals

When the ref stopped play and ran over to the tunnel that was with the tomato sauce bottle. As I saw the Tomato sauce bottle go onto the pitch and then watched the ref pick it up from beside the goalpost and give it to the police officer. There was not bottle of vodka thrown onto the pitch

Yes it was a bottle of vodka. I even saw them giving it to the police and then them giving it to a steward. You might have seen a tomato sauce bottle being thrown but it was a vodka bottle the police handed over to a steward.

That wasnt thrown onto the pitch though. They might have handed it over but it wasnt thrown on the pitch

Well done the boys from section G singing to the gypos after the game and them getting all worked about it :lol:

Where was this bottle of vodka thrown onto the pitch? If it was beside the goals it was not a bottle of vodka if it was from somewhere else it might well have been

It landed right inside the net and that steward with short hair (really short) was the steward who the police went too

Doubt very much that was Section G as half of them were on the bus back to Inverness by then. The other half being in the Mallard

EH NO. I was walking with most of them at the end of the game as they were singing to the gypos when the came out of the jailend

EH NO. I was walking with most of them at the end of the game as they were singing to the gypos when the came out of the jailend

Yeap and that was not just section G. There was a few of them

I think some of the comments on this thread are a little harsh. IMHO the best team lost today. We created enough chances to win this game comfortably but just couldn't take them. 4-0 to us would have been a fairer reflection of the balance of chances created than 2-1 to them. County didn't outplay us at all, anyone who says they did is talking tosh.

There's no reason for the heads to go down. The result was dissapoiting but the performance of the vast majority of the team was fairly good. Golly, Rooney and Hayes especially.

Let the gyppos savour their jammy victory, we have the measure of them now and it's only a matter of time before we overtake them in the league. Bring on Airdrie!

Were you at the game? Are you serious? If it hadn't been for Golabek, I reckon we would've had a lot more chances, and maybe even goals. If Bullshitus is a footballer then so am I. Russell Duncan's time has passed and Tokeley's time never came. Get over yourself.

Deeply dissapointing at the lack of hunger shown by the team compared to County, you could see how much it meant to them.

Not going to slag of any individuals as everyone was terrible, apart from Hayes when he came on and Esson who had no chance with either goal.

We lack character, experience and at times just basic talent.

This was a big game for us today and we have failed drastically. Is this an indication of what every big game we have is going to be like? I sincerely hope not.

Positives: we spread a lot of happiness around Ross-shire today...... I heard one guy on the way out saying 'What a day! Even Jennifer Lopez couldn't make it better'. That used to be us.

Good to visit Cabbagetown and their wee diddy stadium after nearly six years.

BTW the away toilets are still seriously shocking.

Well beaten today. I thought 2-1 flattered us but we did have more actual chances than C(o)unty. Bulvitis and Tokely had free headers and if Imrie could shoot straight he might have pinged one of his many blooters past McGovern instead of into the Jail End. The two goals were shocking though - County never created much else even though sometimes it looked to me as if they had an extra man. Interesting to see how things panned out if it was goalless at half time.

I think Somers was a bad choice of ref for a derby like that, he's got short person syndrome. Wanted to impose himself on people like Duncan and Butcher but forgot to watch all the off the ball stuff going on, and feet being left in the tackle.

Adams obviously had them clued up to niggle Duncan and Imrie which worked well. Also the ref missed the ball being kicked away at least three times at our fouls which is another thing Duncan was moaning about.

People should take a leaf out of Foran's book and just play - as they say it's a man's game.

Just like so many games this season we came out and played OK after half time once the game was virtually lost.

I don't think Butcher is the answer but we may as well give him the season now. At this rate top 4 will be an achievement. Still wouldn't be surprised if we produce a performance in the final in 2 weeks though.

Edited by The Mantis

From my limited vantage point it looked to me that Bully was a very weak link today, Tokely seemed to gravitate towards him, waiting to cover for his error. He needs replaced at the sales. Not one of Russels best games either. The two early goals ruined the confidence, heads went down just like before the "run", and the shape was lost, though to be fair, the sun didnt help. From that point County didnt have anything to prove. I wouldn't say they are netter than us, but someone there knows how to unsettle us. Not a happy day, but next Saturday, I hope will see the fire return to some of the bellys. We know they can do better.

I hope they get the ketchup kid, because if they don't next time it will be something thrown a lot harder. This reflects badly on the club, and I am beginning to think there are some who don't even care about that.

A softness in central defence has been our problem ever since Darren Dodds left. I cringed every time Bulvitis got the ball today. County were up for it, they had a hunger that our team lacked (with some notable exceptions). Quite apart from our weakness in central defence our midfield seemed slow to pick up the rebounds and loose balls pinging off their defence (certainly missing the likes of Ian Black there). C**nty seemed to get much more than their fair share of 50-50 challenges.

Once again, too, our players are becoming shot-shy. Why did we pass the ball at a free kick outside their box when we could have made their keeper work?

A reliable central defender in the January sales is a priority.

We scored a rebound from a very harsh penalty...

Behave it was a clear foul.

Lets not get into this section G argument again. The point is that where is this vocal support at home???

Spread out across the stadium in both the North and Main Stands. It's easier for vocal fans to congregate in the same area at Away games and even easier on terracing.

Overall - we are attrocious. It really is as simple as that.

I have complained til I'm blue in the face at how awful both Duncan and Bulvitis are. Butcher cannot justify offering Bulvitis another contract in January - if he does, then clearly does not have the best interests of the club at heart.

Imrie back to his best again eh? Is he possibly the most egotistical player (without any great reason to be) to ever play for us?

In fact the only players to get pass marks today would be Esson and Hayes.

January can't come soon enough - we badly need a centre back and a central midfield pairing that will work for the ball.

The first goal was was our own fault, a free kick to us in our own half was dithered over and resulted in a passback to Esson and a poor clearance giving away possession One down. ALL day our back four were caught out in possession with no idea of how to clear their lines. For county's corners everyone was back in defence when we had a corner they had two men in the centre circle giving their defence a target to clear their lines, simple stuff. Yes it would be great to sign an experienced centre back in January but Bucher has got to come up with simple tactics for the Guys we have now and stop shooting ourselves in the foot and giving ourselves a mountain l to climb like we did today.

First the positives: getting to stand at a football match, Foran's energy, the persistent commitment of several players, the impact Hayes had when he came on, the breakfast at Ballinluig, the compilation CDs from Mantis and Naelifts.

And now the rest: We were pish in most areas. Our defence looked like it was playing together for the first time, Bulvitis is plainly not suited (is it a communication problem?) Our midfield was squeezed by a RC's well-organised set-up, Foran worked his socks off but all around him was static. Players chasing the ball like anxious 11 year olds. It was hardly surprising that when the back four tired of passing it across the line with something less than confidence, the inevtable hoof resulted. I've said it before (and here it is again) but Rosscoe is clearly seeing a forward making a run in his head that is simply not happening on the park. As for Bulvitis' clearances...Stephen Hawking would have been more accurate.

With the overall lack of penetration being provided from further back it was hardly surprising the offensive efforts were unsophisticated and energy sapping. A heavy and hairy pitch didn't help matters. We made chances, sure, but I was having difficulty after an hour remembering a single save McGovern had to make. Imrie found himself tucked away in the full back's pocket for the first half, a discomforting position that brought out the petulant side of him and he was effectively out of it. Rooney went looking for the ball and wasn't able to get into dangerous positions enough to make his presence felt. I think it was a penalty and fair play to Adam for (eventually) netting it at a time that could've really given County a nervous 10 minutes. The fact it didn't and they were far more composed in that last period said it all.

We were beaten by the better side.

:lol:

We were the poorer team without doubt. County had more talent and definateley more passion. Added to that their coaching team seemed much more technically adept than ours. Bulvitis is a shadow of the player that his fellow countryman Pavels was last season.

That said, we are still only 7 points of the top but we must improve or we will finish the season mid table. On yesterday's showing, County are much more lekely to be playing SPL football than we are which is pretty galling given that our wage bill, despite being slashed from last season, is still 50% higher than theirs.

As for Bulvitis' clearances...Stephen Hawking would have been more accurate.

haha something about mobility too, then.

Also why did the ball fall for Duncan outside the box on more than one occassion only for him to RowZ it, inevitably. This much I do know about shooting on goal....DO NOT LEAN BACK!. I am not a pro-footballer, this advice is free.

And I'll not even mention his talking back.

Extremely disappointing result although it was an improvement on the first derby of the season. That was some free kick that smacked the bar. It went like a ferkin rocket, but the County guys were quicker to react to the rebound. Second goal was a neat one as well, although the free kick which preceded it was rather dubious. Contrary to most on here, I thought we contributed to the pulsating match, with some exceptions. Sanchez was not going to get any time today, Bulvitis was lost and Dougie Imrie was just rubbish. What is it with this guy. We clawed our way back into the game as County closed ranks and they tried to counter us. Rooney had enough presence to knock in the rebound, but not enough presence to hit the penalty to the other side of McGoverns ears. We did create a hatful of opportunities. Two headers and a charged down shot in the first half. Hayes was super when he came on, tearing them a new one, but nobody took advantage of his pace. One brilliant run ended when the cross was superbly blocked in the six yard box as Rooney (i think) looked favourite to score. Eric missed what looked like a simple header, he appeared to have time to bring the ball down, and that was it, game over. County had a goal chalked off for something at the far end. We certainly made them work much harder, but as I expected, their defence were a much more difficult nut to crack than Ayr or Mortons.

We could have sneaked a draw at best, but we fell just short of acheiving that. Enjoyable day out, marred only by the result and the difficulty getting served in the National....and the time it took to get out of Dingwall..... And by someone throwing items on the pitck. Was the last item something like a German sausage thingy. How odd.

MATCH REPORT

One cold and clear November day

The hundreds came from far away

The die was cast, the chips were down

It's Derby Day in Gudjie Town

And when it came to three o'clock

The Staggies made the Jail End rock

Shortly after kick off it became clear

The ICT team had failed to appear

And once again the stage was set

As Boyd and Gardyne hit the net

The Caley defence had became a farce

And Duncan proved himself an **se

As County tried for number three

It was already game over for ICT

Then Butcher yelled "we're playing sh*t"

The second half improved a bit

The Caley team made an attack

And eventually managed to pull one back

But Ross the T*ss and all his men

Couldn't hit the goal again

The "extra" minutes ticked away

As "Somers" time we had to play

It was too late, the damage done

The Caley lost, the County won

So back to Sneck and have no fear

We'll win again in the New Year

Lets not get into this section G argument again. The point is that where is this vocal support at home???

Spread out across the stadium in both the North and Main Stands. It's easier for vocal fans to congregate in the same area at Away games and even easier on terracing.

Why are they spread out across both stands? Why wasnt there any co-ordination in people speaking to each other at the start of the season and all get tickets in the same section??? Not hard is it