FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross County -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Why are they spread out across both stands? Why wasnt there any co-ordination in people speaking to each other at the start of the season and all get tickets in the same section??? Not hard is it

You'd be surprised.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are they spread out across both stands? Why wasnt there any co-ordination in people speaking to each other at the start of the season and all get tickets in the same section??? Not hard is it

You'd be surprised.

How would you feel if you went to renew your season ticket and the club told you that you cant have it as someone else wants to sit there because they think that they can generate more noise than you.Be it true or not.

Going back to school days, people wanted to sit at the back of the bus not because they were tough but because they wanted to associated with being tough.

Back to section G, I think that there are too many people there that want to be associated with that section and add to the surrounding noise if and when they feel like it, as opposed to starting the noise.

Ideally I would like all noisy non season ticket holders from section G to pick a central spot in the main stand at the Airdrie game and make loads of noise,a change of scenery and its only for 1 game, just to encourage the silent 2000 to make some noise.

The above is veering away from the county match, County did have their backs to the sun for both goals is that a feeble excuse, we lost, now its time to prepare for Airdrie.

We'll win again in the New Year

Very optimistic there! Need a helluva improvement to even get a point out of that game

I can see there is some clarification needed here as you may be thinking this has been posted by an ICT Fan, which it has not. For the avoidance of doubt to you and others when I said "We" I was meaning Ross County, just put it on your website to wind you up.

Have nice day, we had one yesterday !!

I can see there is some clarification needed here as you may be thinking this has been posted by an ICT Fan,

Absolutely, it is quite common for ICT to burst into verse and post poems about County defeating us.

By the way, I like yer poem.

Well beaten today. I thought 2-1 flattered us but we did have more actual chances than C(o)unty. Bulvitis and Tokely had free headers and if Imrie could shoot straight he might have pinged one of his many blooters past McGovern instead of into the Jail End. The two goals were shocking though - County never created much else even though sometimes it looked to me as if they had an extra man. Interesting to see how things panned out if it was goalless at half time.

I think Somers was a bad choice of ref for a derby like that, he's got short person syndrome. Wanted to impose himself on people like Duncan and Butcher but forgot to watch all the off the ball stuff going on, and feet being left in the tackle.

Adams obviously had them clued up to niggle Duncan and Imrie which worked well. Also the ref missed the ball being kicked away at least three times at our fouls which is another thing Duncan was moaning about.

People should take a leaf out of Foran's book and just play - as they say it's a man's game.

Just like so many games this season we came out and played OK after half time once the game was virtually lost.

That just about sums it up for me. Much like the first derby of the season, County seemed to be a good bit sharper, picking up loose balls in midfield and finding their own men with short passes. They were well worth their win. Having said that, we could well have sneaked a draw. Somebody mentioned the free headers for Tokely and Bulvitis, but the best chance fell late to Odhiambo who snatched at a header when he had more than enough time to take the ball down and slot it home.

I had a great time on the terraces today and i'm looking forward to the cup final followed by trips to Firhill and Palmerston. The First Division is great. Those who don't agree might have to learn to enjoy it because i think we'll be staying here for a while.

Did anyone else see Butchers comments on the game today?

For those that missed out, here they are:

Caley Thistle boss Terry Butcher tore his flops to shreds after the defeat.

The former Rangers captain said: "We've let everybody down. We've let the whole of Inverness down.

"It was embarrassing and it's a hard fact but it's the truth.

"If guys in the dressing-room can't handle that, fine, but we have to move on and we will.

"We'll see this week if people want to be in the team because I've had enough with one or two people in particular.

"It's bitterly disappointing - I'm in despair."

With a bit of luck the "one or two" he's referring to are Bulvitis and Duncan.

You'd be surprised.

How would you feel if you went to renew your season ticket and the club told you that you cant have it as someone else wants to sit there because they think that they can generate more noise than you.Be it true or not.

Going back to school days, people wanted to sit at the back of the bus not because they were tough but because they wanted to associated with being tough.

Back to section G, I think that there are too many people there that want to be associated with that section and add to the surrounding noise if and when they feel like it, as opposed to starting the noise.

Ideally I would like all noisy non season ticket holders from section G to pick a central spot in the main stand at the Airdrie game and make loads of noise,a change of scenery and its only for 1 game, just to encourage the silent 2000 to make some noise.

The above is veering away from the county match, County did have their backs to the sun for both goals is that a feeble excuse, we lost, now its time to prepare for Airdrie.

its not so hard to sort out unallocated seating in one of the section behind the goals without booting out the season ticket holders, there's still plenty empty space! pick a section block the seats off for sale pre match and leave it as a singing section.existing season ticket holders can stay where they are and if they haven't got their names on seats they could easily be marked as season ticket seats

The two fer Butcher were Bulvitis and Sanchez - they basically lost us the match. But to be fair to Butcher - he may have had to stick to the same team as Ayr and Morton - but this was a different game - on a tight pitch and in derby style. Sanchez was never going to survive.

By the way - how do I contact the Tinkerville Lost Property Office as I dropped a half bottle of vodka and a tomato sauce bottle.

Was right behind the goal and didnae see any half bottle getting chucked. If I had, I might have jumped on after it I was so fed up at watching that p*sh.There was a red condiment bottle, though but that wouldn't have done the job for me. I thought that with a decent spine to the team, we might have been ok. As it was.........

we need a decent centre back and someone that can score. Now.

I never seen a bottle of Vodka. Though i know 100% sure a tomato sauce bottle, 2 toilet rolls and a bottle of lucozade with the paper off it were thrown on.

in fairness i thought the sauce bottle could have done us a good job at centre half if it had just made it to nearer the 18 yard box

I'd be annoyed but that isn't the point I am making. The fans had numerous chances to get a dedicated singing section on the go and never took it. I contacted the club and they set aside an area for us to use and no one took it up. My point about it being hard to organise is geared towards higlighting that a lot of fans are all talk about doing stuff but tend not to bother with actually carrying out their actions when push comes to shove.

I'd be annoyed but that isn't the point I am making. The fans had numerous chances to get a dedicated singing section on the go and never took it. I contacted the club and they set aside an area for us to use and no one took it up. My point about it being hard to organise is geared towards higlighting that a lot of fans are all talk about doing stuff but tend not to bother with actually carrying out their actions when push comes to shove.

The singing section you are referreing to was set up last season in an area that under SPL rules couldnt be used as it wasnt covered?

To tell you the truth, im fed up with all this crap about singing sections and "section G" and what not. What other club in the UK has a section specifically set out for vocal support. Ill tell you, NONE OF THEM. How about on saturday we have everyone singing and getting behind the lads once and for F*cking all. Im fed up and so are the ones who try to create an atmosphere everywhere we go and all we get is dogs abuse about it. Utter nonsense this. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The singing section you are referreing to was set up last season in an area that under SPL rules couldnt be used as it wasnt covered?

To tell you the truth, im fed up with all this crap about singing sections and "section G" and what not. What other club in the UK has a section specifically set out for vocal support. Ill tell you, NONE OF THEM. How about on saturday we have everyone singing and getting behind the lads once and for F*cking all. Im fed up and so are the ones who try to create an atmosphere everywhere we go and all we get is dogs abuse about it. Utter nonsense this. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rangers do!!!! But thats another story. Our problem is that there are too many Rangers and Celtic fans trying to bring their sense of supportiveness to ICT.

I never seen a bottle of Vodka. Though i know 100% sure a tomato sauce bottle, 2 toilet rolls and a bottle of lucozade with the paper off it were thrown on.

in fairness i thought the sauce bottle could have done us a good job at centre half if it had just made it to nearer the 18 yard box

:angry:

Didn't see a vodka bottle, or the sauce bottle, apart from when it was being taken off, But a couple of bog rolls were defo thrown on from what I saw.

Meanwhile, back to the game. Am I the only one who thinks we were not too far off getting at least a point. After the quick one two we dominated possession, without looking overly dangerous. I suppose County would say that they had done their work in the first half hour. They had nothing to prove in the second period and did what they had to do, but ask any of their fans and they were chewing finger nails after Rooney scored. The difference was County took advantage of slackness and we did not find the same slackness from their rearguard. We were improved after the break but still County mopped up what we had to offer. The ineffectual Sanchez off at half time for the ever improving super sprinter little Jonny. The even less effective Imrie was also replaced and the third useless cog of Bulvitis was shown the door as well. We looked likliest to score when Jonny set up Rooney for what appeared to be a simple side foot into the net, but alas the County defence kept the ball out. We deserved the penalty and could have snatched an equaliser had Eric more goal awareness instead of rushing his free header and putting it wide. It's all immaterial now, but from staring at another thrashing, we genuinely looked like getting something from it. We were not absolutely rubbish, we were not great, but a bit of perspective here. We lost a tough and fiercely contested away day derby, no disgrace, disappointing, but no disgrace. Lets sort it out for next weekend and get the ball rolling again.

The two fer Butcher were Bulvitis and Sanchez - they basically lost us the match. But to be fair to Butcher - he may have had to stick to the same team as Ayr and Morton - but this was a different game - on a tight pitch and in derby style. Sanchez was never going to survive.

I think it's a bit hard singling out those two when as a team we were poor in the first half. These are two foreign players who need time to get used to the Scottish game, time it seems like no one is willing to give them! I also think that having seen the way County played in the first derby and the heavy soft pitch, it wasn't a game to start Sanchez, he may have been more effective coming on later in the game. Why when it was obvious to everyone at the game that Bulvitis was struggling did we persist in playing in short to him putting him under even more pressure.

The formation for me was all wrong in the first half, we were overrun in midfield and when our defence got the ball they had to pass it across the back waiting for some movement but we had too many players hiding not showing for it and eventually they had to just punt it aimlessly forward. There was a certain player that looked like he couldn't give a toss, I don't mind if you have a poor game but still try and work hard for the team but he was like a petulant child who everything should revolve around and when it doesn't he's not interested. On the county side you had the complete opposite with Gardyne (7) totally running the show but working hard for his team and deserved his MOM. I think TB needs to realise what team he is up against and that certain players need to be left out for the good of the balance of the side, some game are just going to be about a battle and you need the players who are up for that, unfortunately I don't think we have enough of that type of players to choose from!