FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hopes that Bully and Duff can stay

Alex MacLeod

Interesting that Butcher claims there is no truth in Barrowman being offski when sources close to the man himself say otherwise... One of them is a liar... :rolleyes:

I hope it's Butcher :D

Edited by alimci

McGhee is such a prat!! Hegarty is not far wrong when suggesting that he has lost his marbles. Let Duff stay where he is more or less garaunteed a start. After all it would probably more beneficial to all parties if he stayed put with ICTFC.

Interesting that Butcher claims there is no truth in Barrowman being offski when sources close to the man himself say otherwise... One of them is a liar... :rolleyes:

Maybe Butcher is just been shrewd. Technically if nothing has been agreed/signed then there is no truth at this precise moment in time that he is offski. Maybe he is trying to create an impression than Barrowload is in his plans therefore increasing Barrowballs perceived value.

Remember the Niculae saga where some clown from the club went to the press advertising the fact we could not afford him!!! Result - Niculae was sold for far less than the current market value at the time.

Butcher's probably been told to say this by the club. They did the same thing when Niculae went off to Romania for apparent "family reasons" and then signed for Dinamo when he was there. My personal favourite though was when Bennett said that McCaffery was "going nowhere" but a couple of months earlier, everyone had seen his comment to saying saying he was leaving the club. Even in Pele's book, he says that his drink problem and subsequent absence from the Aberdeen bench for that one game would've been kept "more behind the curtains" had he still been at ICT.

Apparently Mcghee doesn't want Duff to play against Motherwell and he is going back next week

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1548064

?If Terry wants to take matters further it is up to him but, as it stands, Stuart will be returning to us.

?In that event I will not allow him to play in the Scottish Cup for Inverness.?

From the same article, I take it that McGee wants to see what he can get out of ICT and hes not allowed to play against well unless ICT come up with something. Does he think we are made of money.

I hope Duff stays longer it will do him far more good in the long run, unless he enjoys sitting on benches.

I can see McGhee's point. If Duff is to stay with Aberdeen then He's doesn't want the lad cup tied. If, on the other hand, we can negotiate an extension to the end of the season then things are different. I don't know how much Duff features in the plans at Aberdeen but I wouldn't think they'd be too happy if he did end up back there and unable to play in cup games.

While i do agree with the comments that McGhee is becoming a crazy man he comes across in the P&J as being quite open to the prospect of Stuart Duff staying here but as of this weekend his current deal has expired and with Aberdeens squad being so tight McGhee would want to keep all his senior players available for cup competition.