FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duff Gone

finmack

Before slating the player get the facts straight. He was with us on a one month emergency loan. He was quite willing to stay if a deal could have been struck, and if Aberdeen had been knocked out of the cup that may have happened. As it is McGhee wants him back at Aberdeen.

Before slating the player get the facts straight. He was with us on a one month emergency loan. He was quite willing to stay if a deal could have been struck, and if Aberdeen had been knocked out of the cup that may have happened. As it is McGhee wants him back at Aberdeen.

According to the article in the P&J the player didn't want to stay citing travel difficulties as part of the reason

According to the article in the P&J the player didn't want to stay citing travel difficulties as part of the reason

I noticed that as well - not a direct quote from the player or McGhee though. Just a sentence included by the reporter on the story. Not sure if he will be a loss or not. I only saw him play one game sadly.

Bit confused by the quote by TB saying that Duff had been a wonderful player for us! I hardly think he was here long enough.

Too true. What's going on with Terry these days? This week Duff was "wonderful", last week he was comparing Rooney to Torres! But seriously, I don't Duff's much of a loss. He was alright from what I saw, but nothing overly special.

Edited by Renegade

He can feel free to rot in Aberdeen's reserves for the rest of the season.

Thought they got rid of the reserves league at the end of last season.

They did but teams still have back up players or reserves. They just dont get to play anymore.

Everyone was raving about him after his debut but now " he can rot in Aberdeens reserves " ! :006:

Indeed, I was wondering about that too .... seems that if a player, even a loan player from a division higher doesnt instantly pledge his life and that of his first born to ICT he is a traitor or no good !!!! What infantile rollocks !

Get a grip folks !!! He seemed to be decent enough for us, no world beater, but decent enough. TB said he wanted to keep him and none of us disagreed. When that didnt happen, TB has done the age old tactic of praising the player in the press presumably in case he doesnt get a new contract at the Dons and thinks that TB rates him so he will sign for ICT later on !!

From McGhee's comments it seems he may have a future at Pittodrie so lets face it, a player will go back there rather than stay on loan at a lower division club. If it doesnt pan out, then he could come back !

According to the courier he may still come back.

You better hope not !

Tbh i don't really know what to hope for. If he stays, fine. He ain't that bad but if he goes it gives us a chance to get someone new but given how inconsistent Butcher can be with his finds i wouldn't complain if Duff were to stay.

I read an article on him in Aberdeen one night, he had a full page spread on the back page of the evening express ,which was when he had just arrived, talking about him being a local lad and being a don through and through and was happy to go on loan for a month if it would help him work his way back into the first team.

I for one would be happy if he came back but I cant disagree with him that the A96 is rubbish, (I cant wait for the Fochabers bypass to be completed in 2 years, I should cut around 45 secs off of the journey) and he would also be leaving a local top 6 SPL club to join a 1st division club 2.5 hours drive away.

One thing in our favour is that he suited our style of play and must have enjoyed his time here and I hope he has time to think on that when hes back sitting on the Aberdeen bench.