FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Smith vs Brown

Harry Chibber

By all accounts it sounds that Graeme Smith had another howler today and once again it sounds like Brown was exceptional!!

It seems every week Graeme Smith fecks up for Motherwell :006:

Since Broonie seems to be in direct competition with Smith for a place in the Scotland squad how long is it going to be before Walter Smith realises that Mark Brown deserves a Scotland call up??

By all accounts it sounds that Graeme Smith had another howler today and once again it sounds like Brown was exceptional!!

I wasn't at the game, but listening to the radio commentary, it sounded like Mark was anything but 'exceptional' dealing with crosses today. Commentary seemed to suggest he flapped at a fair few of them. Maybe someone who was there can comment on that?

I do think dealing with crosses is one of Mark's weaknesses. He certainly never inspires me with confidence everytime he comes for a high ball.

Saying that......still can't get over his save early in the game against Hearts last week. Amazing stuff.

Mark Brown has great reactions and is a fantastic shot stopper. He is however poor on crosses and his kicking from pass backs is worrying.

I think its fair to say that Craig Gordon is by far and the way the best Scottish keeper there is

In the last few weeks I have heard commentators remark on a number of international goal keepers make mistakes or mis a cross. Leighton dropped a major cross at United. In the world cup top keepers made errors and most needed a spot of like. Mark has worked hard on improving his game. Niemi's career did not take off until his late 20's. Mark will one day crack it at international level but the problem seems to be Walter Smith has something on him from their Ibrox days.

Next week Smith has to do a Bullock against Hearts whilst Mark has to hold Brewster's heavily pumped up squad at bay - with some help from everyone else including I hope a big crowd.

Like others I wasn't at the game but to suggest that Mark Brown was exceptional is laughable. Both he and Smith seemed to go through a phase were they were trying outdo each other in f'cking things up.

This however is based on Radio Commentary so perhaps someone at the game can enlighten?

The commentary team werent complimentary about either keeper yesterday, although Smith got a far worse report than Brown ... think the comment was something like "A Christopher Lee performance today ... scared of crosses"

i didnt find brown convincing at all at crosses yesterday, and i was surprised that motherwell didn't punish us for it. there was a couple of occasions where he came out for a ball that he was never going to get.

that said, he made the saves when he had to, and a bloody fine save from one of their free kicks in the first half aas well