FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wilson Contract

Harry Chibber

I think this may be one area where Craig Brewster (and Peter Davidson ?) actually deserve a little credit.

Barry was not his old self when CB arrived at the club, but whether it was the inspiration of seeing an old crock like Brew still going at 38 or the training and fitness regime he put in place with Davidson (who is highly thought of in this respect), we are seeing some excellent performances from Barry which definitely seem to merit a new deal for him. Setting up all 4 goals on Saturday cant have done him any harm either.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Sadly Scotty we hardly get double figure posts on this Forum anymore, so of the six posts total so far on this Forum today I would hardly call this four an outbreak.

Barry Wilson!!, I hope the club reward this player well as he deserves all he gets, I mentioned on another thread his wonder goal against The Well a few seasons ago and then he turns it on again last Saturday, he's been a stalwart for us.

Surely the lack of posts is down to ......well , folk not posting

:015: - I have looked at the page view stats and posting stats and despite comments to the contrary, it is still quite healthy and not quite the tumbleweed zone that is being implied. The board HAS been a little quieter over the last couple of weeks but I put that down to 3 things

1. We went 2 weeks without a game due to the break for internationals

2. Our last game before that was a heavy defeat

3. The club have launched an official site, albeit without a forum so our page views are down a little bit as some 'lurkers' will inevitably go there instead

To save dragging this topic away from the subject matter, if anyone - including Sandy - wants to start a debate on how we make things better for everyone, please do it on the AG or TECH forums. We ARE prepared to listen to CONSTRUCTIVE comments that have some basis in fact such as the debate on reducing the number of forums. If someone wants to propose a structure then it can be discussed .....

As far as I am concerned, this site is better than Sportnetwork and is still very popular I believe. Keep up the good work Scotty!! :clapping04:

Anyway, back to the topic, Barry Wilson 100% deserves a new contract for his play. He is a vital part of the team and I think will become a good coach in the future. Re-signing him, I thought, was one of the best signings we have ever made.

Congrats Bazza on the form, keep it up!! :clapping04: :clapping04:

Back to Barry's contract, if memory serves correct Baz is on a year on year agreement. He's signed a years extention last jan with the provisio that he would review his fitness and ability each year so come next jan I would expect him to sign a further extention. I believe he is also being groomed for a coaching role, probably with the youths alongside Danny and co.

Regardless of what some may have said about him in the past, linking him with moves etc. Barry is enjoying his role now and that is showing out in his game.

Last time I spoke to him, which was when he was recovering from injury, he said, "If Craig Brewster can do it there's no reason why I can't". (referring to his fitness) That sort of attitude will see him play for a few years yet.

Barry was underpeforming a season or two back and he will have been the first to admit that. The turnaround since then has been phenominal however and for someone at the 'ripe old age' of 34 he is still looking pretty fit. Perhaps no as fit as he did under Brewster but he is still one of our most dangerous players and a very creative influence for us. I would like to see him given another year.

Brewster basically told Wilson to shape up or he would be shipped out, if you all think back you will recall that their seemed to be a bit of a rift between Brew and Bazza at the time, but Wilson finally decided to listen to what Brew had to say and knuckled down to getting back in shape - it hasn't gone unnoticed and provided he keeps it up then he will be an asset to the team for a season or two yet.

I just hope he's fit enough to put a few goals away on Saturday to thank Brewster for encouraging his fitness.  And I know for a fact that there is nothing Barry would enjoy more.  He will be up for this game big time. 

That's just reminded me, the last time we bet Utd, did Brew not try to take the credit for the work he had put into our team.  :015: :015: Hope he appreciates that again on Saturday.  :001: :001: :001:

I just hope he's fit enough to put a few goals away on Saturday to thank Brewster for encouraging his fitness.  And I know for a fact that there is nothing Barry would enjoy more.  He will be up for this game big time. 

That's just reminded me, the last time we bet Utd, did Brew not try to take the credit for the work he had put into our team.  :015: :015: Hope he appreciates that again on Saturday.  :001: :001: :001:

Did you post this in a bit of a rush, L_G...??

:001: :001: