FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Ross County : matchnight thread

Scotty

Adams talks about he sending off, the weather, but nothing about the actual result, ICT outclassing them. True managers such as Martin O'Neill would have said something like, "Credit to Inverness.." or "We were beaten by the better side on the day." not Adams though, talking about the weather after the game, as if ICT had nice weather and they didn't....*@?!

....oh, here's a better example than Martin O'Neills...

"Ross County had their pride to play for which they did and I thought they really stuck to their guns and stuck to their task for their manager in the second half despite going down to 10 men."

A real football man with class.

Edited by Kirishima

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a quick look on the gypo forum to see what our dear neighbours are making of it... This made me lol:

"Johnny Hays should then have been sent off, Morrison was ushering the ball back to McGovern, when Hays dived in two footed and from behind on Morrison, he went through Morrison and made contact with McGovern leaving both County players needing treatment.

After that Adam Rooney was lucky to stay on the park too, himself and Gary Miller both tumbled over after a tangle and Rooney clearly kicked Miller ont he chest with the studs of both feet, the entire County support rose and shouted at once, but the referee must have been the only person who didn't see it"

Johnny's was a foul and a fair enough yellow, but a sending off? :021:

And as for Adam... He kicked Miller on the chest with the studs of both feet?? :P :lol::lol: Bitter gypo barstewards :lol:

Priceless reading :D

I bet it was TJE who wrote that.

"I didn't think the game should have been played. We saw the ball go out a number of times because of the wind but we're not going to complain."

:021: Quote from Derek Adams.

I'm not going to complain, but I'll complain anyway.

:P

What a night, we ripped them to shreads after the sending off. Got to be honest, from where I was sat in the North Stand it looked an excellent tackle by their defender....but, who cares!!

Foran was my MOTM, just pipping Johnny. His leadership on the pitch is top class and he was constantly shouting at our players telling them what they should be doing. Funniest was when he was gesturing towards Esson, late in the second half, telling him to just stand with the ball and do nothing until a County player decided to go challenge him. Timewasting at its funniest :021:

I missed the game last night but from what I've seen of County this season:

they deserved their win at Viccy Park. However it was two defensive blunders that cost us, and even then we could have nicked an undeserved draw.

Last week, again they looked better organised than us, better passing and movement, but as the home team, they were very limited in trying to break down our 4-5-1. This time we never gifted them any goals and they could have played all night without scoring.

As for the two other games at our place, they pummelled us first half in the league game - no doubt they deserved their win. But at 2-1 they really were on the rack, looked really ordinary, and only the breakaway 3rd goal ended that. In the cup game I thought they were woeful, and we won it comfortably though without anybody hitting the heights.

Their view of us is the predictable one about how they play all the pretty football and we just hoof it and get loads of luck :021:

Now if you judged ICT on just the derbies this season that might be fair enough (except for the luck), but we're not the leagues top scorers and defenders for nothing. There's weeks when we get into a long ball rut, and it's never clear if it's just the adrenalin of the occasion, or if TB sets them up to play that way. But there's weeks when we are amazing to watch, even if it's just for one half. We have a load of new players and since New Year you can see them gelling, even if it's just TB deciding that the old players were better after all :P

The bottom line is, County are punching well above their weight and are going to lose Adams sooner rather than later. I don't think TB is the messiah but he's on target to deliver......

The best i have seen from an ICT team in years, everyone played their part and played it well.

Butcher could not have got the boys more fired up for it as even when it was 11 vs 11 we still looked stronger.

Odi's goal was a cracker, i slated him for forcing Sanchez out of the side but i'am pleased to say he proved me wrong as he finished his chance brilliantly after a great run from Hayes.

County can complain all they want but the fact is we have been due this kind of luck for ages and if their calling Hayes challenge on Morrison a red card then they should cast their minds back to the Alba semi when Morrison took out Hayes intentionally with his elbow.

Keddie off, Barrowload on the bench, world class performance, other resuts go our way, it just couldn't have got any better.

This was the result and performance of a title winning side. :004:

Terry's comments are a wind-up of the best kind. Not only gracious in victory, which is good, but admitting that the sending off, and subsequent goal, may have been unjustified. Class. All too late. No-one would have said that at the time. Bet Adams loved reading that comment.

However, having watched a 10-man Arabs disposing of Motherwell effortlessly on the telly midweek. I was taking nothing for granted. Till the 3rd. Then County just seemed to lose interest.

Great!

Finally back home. Absolutely great game and well worth the horrendous train journey's up and back.

Sending off was wrong. Very bad decision there though I dont think the result would have been any different had they kept eleven on the park. We made sure we won the game in the first half and easilly soaked up what little they could fire at us in the second.

For once the luck went our way and other results made it a great night.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but McGovern made IMO an absolute world class save from someone's fiercly dipping net bound shot late on.

Who hit this?

Lee Cox

Aye...t'was Lee Coz. It reminded me of Beckhams ferocious strike vs Man Utd a few weeks back.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but McGovern made IMO an absolute world class save from someone's fiercly dipping net bound shot late on.

Who hit this?

Lee Cox

Aye...t'was Lee Coz. It reminded me of Beckhams ferocious strike vs Man Utd a few weeks back.

Pitty Cox's strike never went in, I thought a goal would have topped off his excellent performance.

Special mention to the stewards too.. Came up two or three times to tell us off but only asked for us not to sit on the back railings - said they don't mind us standing and making noise or even the odd swear or use of the word "gypsy". Very fair I thought...

Special mention to the stewards too.. Came up two or three times to tell us off but only asked for us not to sit on the back railings - said they don't mind us standing and making noise or even the odd swear or use of the word "gypsy". Very fair I thought...

I thought they were great! :lol:

Will County get another holiday paid for by a mystery backer next season for doing well in the league, I heard that the players would love to go back to the same place as the loved meeting mickey mouse at Disneyland, there was a few tears when they left but it soon passed.

Will County get another holiday paid for by a mystery backer next season for doing well in the league, I heard that the players would love to go back to the same place as the loved meeting mickey mouse at Disneyland, there was a few tears when they left but it soon passed.

dont they see him every day when Derek Adams walks into the ground ?

Guest Mahonio

dont they see him every day when Derek Adams walks into the ground ?

:mellow: :( :lol::lol::lol::lol:

By the way, regarding DA, Burnley fans on BurnleyMad about a week ago were touting him as their next manager :lol::lol: .

Guest Mahonio

I take your the poster "ICTFC" on there then who commented then. I know it's you, no-one else uses such a pointless amount of smileys! ;)

Damn, caught again :lol::lol:

What did i say, i forgot?