ICT -V- Ross County : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're in such a strong position now. Because of the goal difference we can afford for Dundee to win one and draw one more than us and still finish ahead of them. County are still the biggest worry.

Maybe jumping the gun a bit, but I really really really really hope we're in a position to win the league at Somerset. Imagine that terracing with 1000+ victorious ICT supporters on it at full time?

Wow! Looking at the upcoming fixtures, we have Raith and Morton, both eminently winnable. while County have Dunfermline and QOS - so our challengers will all drop points against each other. We could build up a lead very difficult to overtake....

As for Dundee - what a feck up, from an (apparently) unassailable lead to car crash stuff. Getting rid of Jocky has only made them worse, as predicted here. Where are the doom merchants now, BTW?

wins in the next two games and i think its sewn up. we have the points on the board, c*nty still have to play games so the league is ours for the taking.

somerset park may need to brace themselves for a pitch invasion if it goes according to plan.

The second half was a complete non-event, but that's fine by me! I'll take 3-0 against County any day.

Obviously the sending off of Keddie was the big moment. No doubt he was the last man, but did he get the ball? I was 50 yards away so I can't really say, but the County protests were huge. To cap it all, Foran's free kick took a massive deflection and went in. Hayes delivered a beautiful cross for Odihambo to score, possibly in off his shin, but he had the entire six yard box to himself, such was the poor defending. Jonny got himself a lovely breakaway third, racing clear and finishing with panache.

Can't remember County having a shot on target? The only downside was Hayes getting poleaxed late on and getting helped off with what looked like a rib injury. That'll sting for a while, I think - I hope he'll make it for Saturday.

The highlight of the match had to be Adams and Brewster refusing to give Malpas the spare ball back, and kicking it into their own dugout so he had to fetch it. They really are complete morons!

A smileymometer:

Esson :D :lol: :D Hard to remember him doing much; he dealt with the swirling wind well enough though

Proctor :D :lol: :028: Solid, and his distribution was better than normal (not saying much, mind!)

Tokely :008: :008: :) :) Misjudged a header or two in the first half, but otherwise was completely dominant

Munro :) :) :) :) His most comfortable game for ages. Didn't give Di Giacomo a sniff

Golabek :) :) :) Still makes some hairy passes now and then, but worked like a demon

Cox :) :) :) :) :) My Man Of The Match. Used the ball intelligently, showed a cool head in midfield and defended diligently. Outstanding

Odihambo :) :) :) The game seemed to pass him by a bit. But all that matters is that he scored!

Duncan :) :) :) :) Continued his good form, always seemed to be in the right place

Foran :) :) :) :) Looked a bit bored in the second half, but was a danger from the word go.

Rooney :) :) :) Spurned the one chance that came his way, but never stopped running

Hayes :) :) :) :) Far, far too good for this division. Scott Morrison had twisted blood by the end of that game

Subs: Not really much time for Eagle or Sanchez to make an impact

First things first what a great result. Well done Terry & The team :D

A VERY dodgy red card turned the game in our favour & just to add insult to injury we scored from the free kick. :D

At half time I really thought we'd give County a pummeling and send them over the bridge with their tails between their legs. Sadly it wasn't to be.

Words fail to describe how truly awful in the second half but I don't suppose that matters. It looked like we had the 10 men & why did we take everyone back to defend corners & free kicks? Very strange

Hayes, Cox & Foran were immense tonight. Rooney put in a hard shift but I'm still not convinced by Eric despite his goal. Proctor was mince once again so bad in fact I'd welcome Bulvitis back into the team and that's saying something!

Still we've just humped County & are sitting pretty at the top of the league

WOO HOO

To borrow a phrase from Derek Adams, if it were a boxing match the referee would have stopped it at half time. :D

Loving it! I can't wait to hear what that wee tube is going to say after tonight! Hope it's a good 'un so I can change my signature.

Jonny Hayes was taking the pi55, he absolutely waltzed past a couple of them to set up Eric and he sprinted clear to curl one home on his own. Foran placed the free kick effortlessly past a helpless big ears for the opener. We were in total control. Eric could have sewn it up but his shot from 8 yards curled onto the outside of the post when he should have scored and another great opportunity was lost when a ball across the box evaded everybody. County meanwhile were feckless.

This was easy, so forkin easy Esson could have sat in the Innes. Great win and no more than County deserved for their brand of anti-football.

God...it was cold tonight. There were a few ropy moments tonight, at 3-0 up i thought the game was gonna be called off coz the floodlights were gonna pack in.

Thought we were good the first half, and TOTALLY let them off the hook the second half. We sat back and let them come at us.

Few observations here....one may prove controversial. Firstly Odihambo=Too Lightweight. Offers nothing to the team.

Second..............Rooney...fook knows who he has scored 15 goals this season. Hes soooo slow, he cant hold off defenders, he cant win the ball in the air.....i honestly think hes the poorest striker we have ever had. IF we go up....he wont do anything in SPL, Im fairly confident of that!

He will do a job until the summer tho.

PS....get Johnny Hayes signed up ASAP!

I have to say I think your judgement of Rooney is off the mark, but thats just my opinion. He works very hard and runs the channels and I am not so sure he is as slow as people believe. We did not need to chase the game in the second half. That happens a lot, teams will be three or four up at half time, but it rarely ends up six or eight nil.

Super game.

3-0 up at half time and to be honest I thought we'd throw it away but we held on!

Enjoyed the game despite the freezing temperature.

Was thinking the same thing but Terrys half time team talks are getting better.

God...it was cold tonight. There were a few ropy moments tonight, at 3-0 up i thought the game was gonna be called off coz the floodlights were gonna pack in.

Thought we were good the first half, and TOTALLY let them off the hook the second half. We sat back and let them come at us.

Few observations here....one may prove controversial. Firstly Odihambo=Too Lightweight. Offers nothing to the team.

Second..............Rooney...fook knows who he has scored 15 goals this season. Hes soooo slow, he cant hold off defenders, he cant win the ball in the air.....i honestly think hes the poorest striker we have ever had. IF we go up....he wont do anything in SPL, Im fairly confident of that!

He will do a job until the summer tho.

PS....get Johnny Hayes signed up ASAP!

The second half performance was professional. We effectively stopped County having any real chances and made sure that we did not over commit. Three points at this time is more important than trying to score six and throwing away the game.

I thought Rooney did ok. Worked tirelessly and caused a number of problems. Will he be good enough if we get promoted.....not sure but deserves a chance.

Wow. Just wow. Unbelievable, was hoping for a scrappy 1-0 win but this was beyond any expectations. Possibly (hopefully) the day County lost the league. I'm not one for being cocky or even optimistic, but it could even be the day we won it.

Have to say, I don't even think it was a freekick, never mind a red card. Looked like he took Foran and ball at same time. Foran then did the horrible gesture of waving a card at ref, never like to see that but hey, it's our Richie...

County just were in no way the team they were 10 days ago, can't believe it was the same (mainly) bunch of players out on the park as it was that day. Top performances all round, Hays and Foran worked their a??es off chasing every ball and defending for their lives and credit (where it has been criticism from myself recently) for Cox, Golly and Tokely for coming good over the last month or so. No criticism anywhere tonight.

Slow down folks, we never looked like losing a goal. Don't give others the wrong impression. This was a stroll in the park, a breeze for us. How do you expect us to throw away a three goal lead against ten men?

As convincing a win as we could have hoped for, County were simply gash.