FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Johnny Hayes Vs Barry Robson

SMEE

For my money....Johnny is a FAR superior player than Robson was at the same stage in his ICT career. I think he has the potential to do better than Robson too. In my opinion....Robson was a good player...when he could be bothered, when things were going his way and he wasnt spitting his dummy out and taking it out on his team mates. Johhny is better at taking on players and his off the ball work rate (from what i have seen) is immense. We will do well to hold on to him. If at all possible...we NEED to get him signed up on a min 4 yr deal.

BR had far mor experience under his belt at this stage of his career. He had played over 120 league games with JH having played less than 40. Also, for me, they are very different players with BR having a much more physical edge to his game and much more drive.

Johnny has a long way to go but shows considerable potential. That said, highly unlikely IMO we will see him competing in the Champions League.

Been wrong before :( !

Sorted....i was comparing like for like....Not Robson NOW vs Johnny. I was thinking more along the lines of Robson at the start of his ICT career.

Actually....I rate Johnny as high already, as i did Robson at his peak with ICT. Johhny has more positive attrubutes to his game.

That is why I pointed out that at the same age, Barry had played three times as much first team football as Johnny.

To rate Johnny now as highly as Barry, anytime in his ICT career, is surely a bit OTT?

Erm....im referring more to their first seasons, and merely pointing out that...IMHO....Johnny is showing more promise (at a MUCH higher standard) than Robson did. He also has a far more favourable attitude to the game than Barry did.

It is no no coincidence that Johnnys form reflects our sucsess this season. He and Foran are the key players

As great a player as Barry Robson was for ICT...he had a side to him than frustrated me at times.

Edited by SMEE

I think Barry Wilson and Hayes would be the better comparison :lol:

I'd agree with that. Bazza in his younger years, he was always gave everything he had, in every single game.

Slight problem with that is- Barry Wilson was already a first team player when he came to us. neither Robson nor Johnny were. In fact...if i recall correctly....Barry had Premier Division experience (not to mention Europen Football) under his belt with Raith Rovers before he came to us. So its far from a comprable comparisson