FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fitness

Fanoffooty

Ive noticed a few comments about the team being a bit "Jaded " "Tired legs " " Running on empty "

Its their job to be running up & down the park for 90 mins even if it is twice a week !

I know Tennis is a completely different sport but when you think of the hours Andy Murray puts in

A game of football should be a piece of cake .

Ive noticed a few comments about the team being a bit "Jaded " "Tired legs " " Running on empty "

Its their job to be running up & down the park for 90 mins even if it is twice a week !

I know Tennis is a completely different sport but when you think of the hours Andy Murray puts in

A game of football should be a piece of cake .

I always wonder this is well. Never mind Andy Murray, amateurs can play twice a week and i know the standard isn't the same but whats an extra game of football a week? I think 3 is pushing it though and thats why County will struggle.

Fair play to Stuart Golabek for still having enough in the tank to bomb up and down the pitch twice a week at the age of 36. When he first came back I thought he was past it, couldnt' have been more wrong. If anything he's even better than he was in his first stint. :D

I agree Golly's been excellent since he came back :D

Just said something similar about Golly in another thread. Add to that how little he'd played in recent seasons due to non footballing issues I think he's been incredible, certainly in one of my top three players today.

Just said something similar about Golly in another thread. Add to that how little he'd played in recent seasons due to non footballing issues I think he's been incredible, certainly in one of my top three players today.

Golly for Captain?

Every game i've seen him play he's running right till the end and still barking orders out. Golabek a unsung hero

Totally agree with FoF. it bugs me when you here excuses being made for footballers playing twice in one week. It equates to 3 hrs of their time and energy. In the real world....the average person puts in 30-40 hrs into their job!!

Footballers are spoilt!

Oh, and i too think Gollys return has helped convert us into the most shrewd defence in the league! He has been excellent in every game i have seen

There is a massive difference between being able to run around for 90 minutes a couple of times a week and being able to perform at 100% effort over the same period.

Adding in that most players have niggles or minor injuries which are not allowed to recover between games this all adds up to the fact that players fatigue over time.

Take the case of the british cycling team. They have a programme which aims to have the performance peak once every four years (i.e. the Olympics).

Footballers are expected to 'peak' over 10 months every year.

Just said exactly the same! Think he has played his heart out in the past few games.

Totally agree with FoF. it bugs me when you here excuses being made for footballers playing twice in one week. It equates to 3 hrs of their time and energy. In the real world....the average person puts in 30-40 hrs into their job!!

Footballers are spoilt!

Just want to make sure I have this right - are you likening running about at a high physical tempo for 90 minutes to sitting at a desk for 35 hours a week?!

Brewster wasn't looking too lean the other night and just because you are fit doesn't make you a good footballing side it does help but you still need the ability confidence and passion all of which we have and when county get beat by the celts their confidence will be shattered.

1. As Smee remarks - It is their feckin job.

2. Shurely - extra games and less training is a better option for the players.

3. We have staff who should be monitoring all of this.

4. Butcher is the one who should be amking all the decisions about who plays and for how long.

5. Every team in the Division is in the same boat - are QOS not as bad off as ourselves ? Plus the Tinks would need Rambo to survive their feckin backlog.