FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith was a warning - take heid

bauhaus

Raith were seemingly our easiest game in the run in. Sorry scottish cup semi finalists dont get their by being poor. Certainly they didnt play like they are battling the play off place, but was it a wake up call for them to realise they are in the play off mix, sure they have games in hand but you can easy loose games in hand. Now we have Morton, in a similar position, then Queens trying to prove a point, The Pars who have been hot and cold, Ayr - battling play offs, and finally Dumdee.

It looked like we thought we had won it today and they took the foot of the gas. Lucky we were able to get ourselves back out of it, and I think the players reaction to Richie's sublime skill and vision said everything. They thought they had blown it after the hard work of getting a 4 point lead.

We are top of the league, that means every team we play will want to be the ones who break our egg. They will raise their game, run harder, and try to smother our passing and width.

We have had our warning, lets not let it happen again. Every game now should be played like our life depends on it.

PS wouldnt mind seeing some of their players at TCS next season

I agree that it was a warning to the squad but when they did let the lead slip they then dug deep and fought harder for the fourth goal than i've seen them fight for a while. I see yesterday as a positive with the team spirit they seem hungry to win the title and they certainly have the ability. At the moment I don't think there is a team in the league with the confidence and player ability to beat us.

Aye, they dug deep for that fourth goal yesterday. The team's reaction when they scored that goal (e.g. Roscoe kicking over the advertising hoarding) showed just how important it was for them.

Raith were seemingly our easiest game in the run in. Sorry scottish cup semi finalists dont get their by being poor. Certainly they didnt play like they are battling the play off place, but was it a wake up call for them to realise they are in the play off mix, sure they have games in hand but you can easy loose games in hand. Now we have Morton, in a similar position, then Queens trying to prove a point, The Pars who have been hot and cold, Ayr - battling play offs, and finally Dumdee.

It looked like we thought we had won it today and they took the foot of the gas. Lucky we were able to get ourselves back out of it, and I think the players reaction to Richie's sublime skill and vision said everything. They thought they had blown it after the hard work of getting a 4 point lead.

We are top of the league, that means every team we play will want to be the ones who break our egg. They will raise their game, run harder, and try to smother our passing and width.

We have had our warning, lets not let it happen again. Every game now should be played like our life depends on it.

PS wouldnt mind seeing some of their players at TCS next season

Their number ten was sublime. People forget that teams have been raising their game for us all season as we were the last team to play in the SPL. Also, Raith's games in hand make their league position look worse than they are.

In Foran We Trust.

Of all the teams we have to face, from now to season end, there is not one who will be easy. Every team in this league is fighting for something and every team can cause shock and upset. The winning team will be the one who realises that.

It will also be the team with the most positive fans.

SO GET BEHIND THEM