FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

4-5-1

Renegade

OK, so making changes are perfectly acceptable if you suggest or agree with them and they work, but if the manager...a man infinitely more qualified and better placed to make the decision than you...makes changes as he sees fit then he is wrong and open to your relentless criticism......glad that's been cleared up, thanks.

Where's the clutching at straws smiley? Anyway, as I said earlier these are two different scenarios. If ICT went 4-4-2 today, and it didn't work, then yes by all means the formation can be changed back, but that is a very different scenario than the team selection for the last game of last season. Of course that won't be good enough for though will it...? :D

I see where you are coming from Renegade. We are 16 games unbeaten, top of the league with the best goal difference by far. F*ck me. We had better change it cos it is obviously not working! :33:

Not always a case of something "not working", but when something has run it's course.

I see where you are coming from Renegade. We are 16 games unbeaten, top of the league with the best goal difference by far. F*ck me. We had better change it cos it is obviously not working! :33:

I am firmly in the "if it aint broke dont fix it" camp too ...... 4-2-3-1 may not be the most orthodox formation, and it may not be easy on the lone striker for much of the game but in our case it is working and that striker - the division's top scorer by a country mile - is not suffering too much as it is easily adaptable for the attacking players to get up and support him.

If we were actually losing games or not scoring goals then maybe you might have a point Renegade but quite frankly this suggestion seems ludicrous in the extreme as we go into the last 5 games especially as we all know that it takes time for players to get to grips with any new formation or system.

True, but things do run their courses, and IMO it has now happened with this.

Edited by Renegade

OK, so making changes are perfectly acceptable if you suggest or agree with them and they work, but if the manager...a man infinitely more qualified and better placed to make the decision than you...makes changes as he sees fit then he is wrong and open to your relentless criticism......glad that's been cleared up, thanks.

Telt. :D

I see you have nothing to say again.

If it turns out that we feck it up in the next couple of games, and then we really need to go for it, we should change to a 4-3-3. At the minute we are playing cracking football, and look the most comfortable team in the league.

I don't really know what you'd describe as "cracking" about it. A lot of the time it is long ball football, and still a somewhat defensive mindset for large chunks of games. The only time ICT play good attacking football, from what I can see, is only (like the last game) in the last few minutes, or in the second half when a more urgent style of play is being brought in and ICT are going all out for a winner (or equaliser if the case may be).