FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher

1aberdonian

Many of you may think that big Tel did his bit this year... -BUT, have you considered the number of desicions that could have gone either way and had effect on a respectable scoreline. I don't want to get in to semantics but i can't help thinking his credentials and established connections may have helped. You don't leave Rangers' captaincy without still having fingers in a few pies. I mean he wouldn't have got a job at Aberdeen. :tonguecheek:

Can you imagine what the CaleyThistle players would say if their Manager resorted to making up nice little stories to help them win a game:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1689795/

No wonder the Dons are rock bottom - he should send Zander to look for his marbles! He described Langfield as his prize asset a few weeks back and yet his recent performance suggested Terry's dog could be a better goal keeper.

To the OP: Football is all about decisions and no manager will always get it right. However, I would wager that TB has made a fair few more correct ones than MM this season (thats Mark McGhee not Maurice Malpas). His best decision - or so it would seem - is his decision to commit himself to the ICT cause for at least another season and I am sure your manager reckons his worst was going to the Dons in the first place !

To suggest that refs have been biased towards us is a bit extreme but in all honesty we have been getting more than our fair share of decisions in the last few months .

My point exactly.. I?m not suggesting a dark conspiracy theory involving sleepers, clandestine meetings and secret clubs, but just a good run of decisions. Leading to a score sheet -and subsequent points gained- not reflecting the team?s current true ability/ performance.

To suggest that refs have been biased towards us is a bit extreme but in all honesty we have been getting more than our fair share of decisions in the last few months .

My point exactly.. I?m not suggesting a dark conspiracy theory involving sleepers, clandestine meetings and secret clubs, but just a good run of decisions. Leading to a score sheet -and subsequent points gained- not reflecting the team?s current true ability/ performance.

To be fair I think things are balancing out from the start of the season, sometimes you get the breaks sometimes you don't.

Is that why Aberdeen are at freefalling towards the bottom of the league then?

Away with your nonsense. We are here entirely on merit. We still had to score the goals, defend the net and play the game.

Now clear off and concentrate on your own team.

I agree. Aberdeen are getting far to many decisions going their way recently and as a result are still in with a chance of avoiding relegation :)

Big Tel is a class act, all round good egg, and nothing like the Richard Goughs or Mark Hateleys of old

:D Aberdeen may well go down this season. All the teams they'll be playing will fancy their chances, and morale must be zero at Aberdeen where the only decent players are wee lads. I still think St Mirren or Falkirk.

Big Tel is a class act, all round good egg.....

Correct.... We've all loved him from the moment he arrived here.

No one doubted his ability for one minute.

Nope. Not even once...but seriously, he was very well received apart from a month or two, but he was just following the path of Alex F as were ICT fans follwing the path of Man U fans...

I've had the feeling for some time now that this is Caley Thistle's year.

It's not so much that refs or whatever are gilding the Lily in their favour but simply that it's THEIR YEAR.

The Gods are with us , that's all. And when that happens . things just fall into place...right?

I mean, let's face it, as we look back over the past few years..it's about time !