FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Multi-millionaire in 1 season?

Joonya

A friend of mine down in Coventry suggested one year that I put ?5 on any one game at the start of the season.

Should I win, put all the money onto a game the following week.

Should I win again, put all that money onto the next week

and so on and so on and so on,...

Anyway, the thought has crossed my mind as to how much you could potentially win in any season should you win every week... I have just done a very quick Excel formula to find out.

Starting with ?5 only, and assuming all the games you pick are 8/13, you could win ?374 by game 10.

come game 20 you'll be at over ?45,000

A full 36 game season will amass ?97,415,483.25

If anyone tries this next season and is successful, i'll be looking for a nice wee packet for mentioning it...

I'm definately going to try. :D

EDIT - just to mention that even if you went by Celtic's odds on saturday of 2/9, then you'd be looking at over ?5,600 during the course of a 36 game season...

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

It's a lovely thought to have though isnt it. :lol: despite the ?2m max.

Judging by bob's 'screwing' of his bets over a couple thousand, it's unlikely you'd be able to be high for long anyway.

on the odds of 8/13 though, you'd need a streak of 27 matches to get as far as ?1,300,602.27, as the next match could net you just over ?2.1 million.

On the odds of 2/9 (which were celtics odds last sat v RC) you'd have to get a run of 65 matches to net ?1,890,519.89

Chances are though that there are maximum bets in place at all bookies? which means, like yngwie said, you'd need to be a millionaire to start off with anyway :P

Nice thought Jnr but its highly unlikely you will get anywhere near ?1m let alone 2. I remember at work once one of the guys ran a 'last men standing' contest which was run on picking a weekly winner. We paid ?10 to enter the contest and the winner took all the money. There were 55 entries for the first one 'round'. The contest lasted 8 weeks.